Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RE: Official Announcement: FlightLine 1600mm P-38 Lightning!!!

Originally posted by crxmanpat
    I've been participating in this thread on RCG since it started, but thought it best to jump in here as well as we seem to get extra information from MRC. I'm very excited for this one as well. I just dropped money on one of the last remaining Sonic Modell B-17's, as well as the FMS P-40B (and assorted other goodies) from MRC, so my hobby funds are tapped out for the moment. Maybe when the tax refund comes in I can get in on the pre-order. If not, I should be able to order one at the end of April.

One of the things I really like about this is that we have a choice of 4 separate schemes for each paint color. I wish more companies would do this so that not everyone has the exact same model. And better yet, you can make or have made any set of specific decals you want as it seems only the basic decals are pre-applied at the factory.

Great job MRC and Freewing! Looking forward to many new models in the future!
    Well maybe you can have a look at mine...I have the Green one on order :)
    Brandon Moon

Comment

Yes, I know you do, and I'm "green" with envy! :D
      Pat

Comment

Yes, I know you do, and I'm "green" with envy! :D
        I'm fixing to be selling several of mine here shortly 1700mm and 1400mm warbirds and jets....Not to mention lots of Gasser equipment and a couple of Top Flight planes (built and unbuilt)  also two new in the box twin 70mm EDF jets kits (Mig-29 & A-10)
        Brandon Moon

Comment

I may want that Mig-29. Contact me first before listing it anywhere. ;)
          Pat

Comment

I may want that Mig-29. Contact me first before listing it anywhere. ;)
            PM me you cell # and I'll send you mine back
            Brandon Moon

Comment

I always coat everything when I'm done with a dry dusty coat of flat minwax polyacrillic, helps to hide foam and blends decals, works great
              rc flyin addict

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon Moon
                I'm fixing to be selling several of mine here shortly 1700mm and 1400mm warbirds and jets....Not to mention lots of Gasser equipment and a couple of Top Flight planes (built and unbuilt)  also two new in the box twin 70mm EDF jets kits (Mig-29 & A-10)
                Ooooooh, I may need a complete list with photos...I know your stuff is too good to pass up.  The custom work/mods, labor of love you put into those models would be anyone's hangar prize.
                My YouTube RC videos:
                https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Pre-ordered the OD last night! Woo Hoo!

I'm so stoked!

SM
                  Big time propeller head
                  Love flying scale and 3D
                  Currently building a GP SE5A

Comment

I assembled the Allied Green last evening and she is (hopefully) ready for first flights today.

[hr]
                    Originally posted by Bajora
                    I assembled the Allied Green last evening and she is (hopefully) ready for first flights today. That sheet of maintenance graphics sure took some time to apply but the result is worth the effort.

Comment

Nice.

Mike
                      \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

Looks great Bajora, one of these days I'm going to learn not to buy ARF's in the middle of winter, just to have to wait for decent weather to try them out...
                        Hope all goes well and we're all anxious to hear what you think of her.

Grossman56
                        [hr]
                        Originally posted by PlaneCrazy
                        Originally posted by Grossman56
                        Originally posted by PlaneCrazy
                        So is there any color code to match the olive-drab on this plane.  I decided to go with the "Thoughts of Midnight" scheme and the spinners are matched to the fuse with red rings or will I just have to go to Home Depot and have them match it.
                        Andy
                        They do a good job of matching, just watch that they don't dent the foam when they push the scanner down on it.
                        What we need to do is start a thread to identify the paint numbers on the matched colors we get.
                        That way we could all benefit from one scan.

Grossman56
                        Another GREAT suggestion from you GM!!!!  By the way, I got those connector adapters from Mojo Racing today and they are awesome!!!  I ordered some more to cover EC3 to XT60's and XT60's to Deans.  He does a really good job!

Andy
                        Hey, great to hear Andy!  I was pretty impressed with the ones I got as well, glad you picked up on it as it doesn't seem many others did, but oh well.

As that the paint color numbers, I'll post them up in the airbrushing section of the forum, I'll keep you posted

Grossman56
                        Team Gross!

Comment

Originally posted by mr.frankenjet
                          I always coat everything when I'm done with a dry dusty coat of flat minwax polyacrillic, helps to hide foam and blends decals, works great
                          I've started doing the same on mine. I use a very fine bristle brush to apply it, and typically do at least 3 coats. The spray can is convenient, but can sometimes go on uneven.
                          [hr]
                          I assembled the Allied Green last evening and she is (hopefully) ready for first flights today. That sheet of maintenance graphics sure took some time to apply but the result is worth the effort.
                          You lucky dog! Looking forward to your usual fantastic pics and video!
                          Pat

Comment

Looks super!!!
                            Brandon Moon

Comment

Paint code thread is up in "Airbrushing tips and Techniques"
                              Please add your findings!

Grossman56
                              Team Gross!

Comment

Great to hear Bajora! Enjoy your day flying. Will we get the skinny here, or will we have to wait to see the article in Model Aviation?

SM
                                Big time propeller head
                                Love flying scale and 3D
                                Currently building a GP SE5A

Comment

i had to try posting this video again by shirtys instruction  :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8bXobGCYH0
                                  [hr]
                                  yea! now to figure out how to Photo Bomb!
                                  AKA meltor

Comment

Originally posted by mr.frankenjet
                                    I've started doing the same on mine. I use a very fine bristle brush to apply it, and typically do at least 3 coats. The spray can is convenient, but can sometimes go on uneven.

[hr]
                                    You lucky dog! Looking forward to your usual fantastic pics and video!
                                    The Key with the spray is to dust it, spray really dry as it puts a sandy texture down, helps to flatten the finish. On the last silver one I rubbed steel wool on the silver prior to topcoating. Made it much more platinum, flat looking which also helped. Just need to be really careful not to go threw the silver which is usually quite thin.
                                    rc flyin addict

Comment

JUST back from having the P-38 out for the first time. Pulling all the media down off of all the cameras now. Man oh man but you folks are gonna LOVE this model! We had a pretty big showing at the field today and all of the peoples were frozen in their tracks every time we had her up. What a great flying plane! (Adam, there is the skinniest of the skinny for you! :P)

I am hoping to share a few of the "lesser" photos here with you prospective P-38 pilots. We also are hoping to have a short teaser video of it to share in the thread in the next 24-48 hours, MRC willing. The review to appear in Model Aviation is going to be killer!

Comment

JUST back from having the P-38 out for the first time. Pulling all the media down off of all the cameras now. Man oh man but you folks are gonna LOVE this model! We had a pretty big showing at the field today and all of the peoples were frozen in their tracks every time we had her up. What a great flying plane! (Adam, there is the skinniest of the skinny for you! :P)

I am hoping to share a few of the "lesser" photos here with you prospective P-38 pilots. We also are hoping to have a short teaser video of it to share in the thread in the next 24-48 hours, MRC willing. The review to appear in Model Aviation is going to be killer!
                                        sweet, ..............................standing by
                                        rc flyin addict

Comment

Originally posted by Grossman56
                                          Paint code thread is up in "Airbrushing tips and Techniques"
                                          Please add your findings!

Grossman56
                                          Hey GM, I may be mentally challenged but I can't find the "Airbrushing tips and Techniques".......can you guide me there.............?? :huh:

Comment

Working...
                                          X