X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
    If you slow the video down you can see the beveled cut on the tail and the two nubs for the landing gear in the forward part of the main wing. It's very quick to spot but they are there, as there really is only one frame in the video you can see it clearly, but then as the planes fall it looks like a solid tail without the notch. The other reason you can't see it so clear is because they are turning top towards the camera and the tail planes cover eachother right after contact making it very hard to see. I saw it at full speed, but all the details are there, However in not so plain of view. If you turn the plane near inverted and canopy to us in your pic, put it in gray scale you will see what I'm talking about.

. I'm glad you got the series and parallel straight, yikes that could have been a mess!:Whew:

now to the mockup, I like that!:Cool:
    Yeah I'm really happy with the way it turned out. I got the idea for that type of kill box from My Little Pig, as I knew I wanted more than just standard kill markers but couldn't think of a great way to lay it out. This made things super simple.

The more I see images of people on RC Groups who have removed the nose cone and cowling paint and gone back to the full OD/tan scheme the more I clean my livery up. With that nose art, the black rudders, and either black tipped spinners or a black spiral on the spinners, and the shark mouths I'll be done. Quite a bit less work than I originally planned on.

Comment

• Theres always a thing to be said for simplicity

Comment

• Speaking of simplicity maidened my P38 today and the nose gear stuck... luckily in the extended position. So the flight went without incident thankfully. However quite bummed about the gear failing after working on the ground before flight every time.

Comment

Speaking of simplicity maidened my P38 today and the nose gear stuck... luckily in the extended position. So the flight went without incident thankfully. However quite bummed about the gear failing after working on the ground before flight every time.
          Congrats on the successful Maiden Rifleman,:p38 Sucks about the nose gear.:blueangry Let us know what you find as the cause.
          Last edited by Dual Prop Dave; May 13, 2018, 05:41 PM. Reason: Spelling. Not my strong suit!

Comment

• It keeps getting hung up internally. I pulled it apart then it did the same thing again the retract is just faulty it seems. But what a beautiful flying plane, taking those landing you can't even hear the gear touch the ground when they do, almost as if the runway was sloped in the same path as the glide slope, it was awesome!

Comment

• Gotta ask why you have the scissor link removed? The door doesn't look like it is opened fully either which could be the cause of the retract not wanting to close. ;)
              Warbird Charlie
              HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• I concur! I love mine also! She turns heads and always has a crowd around her when she gets unloaded at the field. I'm sure MRC will make it right as always. They're unbeatable when it comes to customer service!

Comment

• Actually it's like that because the gear didnt go down and the door closed on it afterwards.

Comment

• And the scissor link is gone because our runway is so rough it broke it clean in two at the center joint.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Dual Prop Dave View Post
                        I concur! I love mine also! She turns heads and always has a crowd around her when she gets unloaded at the field. I'm sure MRC will make it right as always. They're unbeatable when it comes to customer service!
                        indeed I have no doubt about that. What really gets the crowd looking is when you pull this plane, the tigercat and the CZ T28 out of the same car along with a hellcat, seawind, and two FPV wings. :)

Comment

• Ticket submitted, I'll be glad to get this corrected for future perfect flights :)

Comment

• This FW P-51 scissor link ought to fix ya right up. ;) I keep several on hand :Cool:
                            Warbird Charlie
                            HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Right on! You da man! Thanks brother! :) and ordered!

Comment

• Ok so update on the nose retract, I found out the problem, it's the piece that rides on the worm gear was not made correctly and was missing the nub to hit the stop button. I replaced it from another retract unit and is now operating normally.

Comment

• Great job Rifleman finding the problem, and the quick fix solution. It's a good rule of thumb to not throw away those parts that you always wonder why you have. It will come in handy someday!

Especially those springs, screws and nuts. Some are so uncommon that you'll never be able to locate an exact match. You should see the small boxes of parts in my hangar.
                                  "If I don't have it, no one does". (Graves RC motto) LOL

Comment

• Hahaha exactly!

Comment

Hahaha exactly!
                                      That's got to feel freaking cool. That's what I love so much about making and tinkering. Any time you can solve customer service's problem for them faster than they could it's awesome. I used to do that all the time with Kickstarter products and became quite close with quite a few companies and was able to beta test and similar things for them.

Anyways, in the constant bid to expand my P-38 nose art image gallery - and harkening back to a previous point we talked about - I've found a P-38 with a nose paint job that actually looks like it was designed to fool German pilots into thinking that they were unarmed droop snoot P-38s. If you remember before, I read somewhere that the white stripe featured on our green model was used for that purpose. I don't understand how it could possibly fool anyone, but check out the image I attached. Now *that* looks like a droop snoot from a distance. You can even see the framing around the bomb sight window. It looks like they tried the white stripe and found it useless, then switched to this setup. Pretty clever battlefield ingenuity.

By the way, the fact that you've maidened your new '38 and mine still hasn't fully left its box makes me slightly hate you forever.

Comment

• Hahaha it's all good, just remember I had alittle practice building it from the first one!:)

Comment

• War is a game, it always has been, very deadly game, but as it is, whoever has the greatest advantage will win. The paint and additional little addons to fool the enemy's into a frontal attack gave the 38s that were "converted" the advantage of being able to use that airplane eating firepower in the nose.

Comment

Working...
                                          X