Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Love my two P-38L's, Thanks again Flightlinerc!!!!..... is there any chance Motion could create a 3DPUP and cut guide to convert it to a P-38G I would love to model my third as a "G"?

Click image for larger version

Name:	P-38G.jpg
Views:	671
Size:	122.5 KB
ID:	147297

Comment

• Heres my buddy and I getting mine ready to fly this past Sunday

Comment

• Originally posted by Wesnc View Post
        I Love my two P-38L's, Thanks again Flightlinerc!!!!..... is there any chance Motion could create a 3DPUP and cut guide to convert it to a P-38G I would love to model my third as a "G"?
        I took a long look at mine when I first got it to see if converting the nacelles to an "H" or earlier would be an option but it looked like the bottom "firewall" location would have to be cut into and maybe compromise it's strength. It would probably be doable but it would be a lot of work.

Comment

• Ran into a problem today flying my P38. The left aileron locked in the full up position. I was able to stabilize by applying full flaps and full right aileron then I could only make left turns until I could circle back and land using rudders lightly and keeping upright with the rudder, flaps, power and elevator. Scared the crap out of me, as of right now I plugged her back in and I'm trying to recreate. First thought was servo, but then I'm really starting to think the blue box may be to blame. So far since I plugged in a few minutes ago there hasn't been any more glitches.

Comment

• Finally found the problem in the single plug wing connection. Need to look and see if I can find where the short is

Comment

• nice save, not sure I could think fast enough :Cool:
              rc flyin addict

Comment

• I dont think it was me, I gotta say most of that was Devine intervention it was like not even thinking almost automatic reaction to an emergency.

Comment

• I recently started flying the P-38 and thoroughly enjoying it. It compliments my Tigercat and A-10 very nicely. The plane is from my brother's estate and along with the plane he had purchased the upgraded landing gear and sport power set. I changed out the landing gear but am very content with the stock engine setup. If anyone is interested in the sport power set (green) (new in the box) at a discounted price send me a message. The proceeds will go back to his family.

Comment

• Hi Guys, I just ordered the P-38 and getting ready to order some Callie nomenclature graphics. What scale would be best? Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by PlaneDoc View Post
                      Hi Guys, I just ordered the P-38 and getting ready to order some Callie nomenclature graphics. What scale would be best? Thanks
                      1/10 is as close as you can get.

Comment

Hi Guys, I just ordered the P-38 and getting ready to order some Callie nomenclature graphics. What scale would be best? Thanks
                        Just tell Callie they are for the Flightline P-38 and she will make them in the correct scale.

T

Comment

The full scale P-38 has a wingspan of 52 ft, 0 inches. So 52 x 12 = 624 inches. Divide 624 inches by the model's wingspan of 63 inches. That = 9.90. So the true scale is 1/9.90. Round up to 1/10th and there you have it.... :Cool:

Comment

• First time buyer of Motion RC/Flightline model. My Allied Green P-38 delivered yesterday. Happy with quality but I have missing parts -grrrr
                            Last night on MRC website I submitted ticket explaining both elevator extensions were missing.
                            Just called MRC support to follow up on situation.
                            Not impressed with support person whom I was connected. First she claimed extensions were inside nacelles, then already attached.
                            After I mentioned a support ticket was entered she brushed me off politely and said we will get to it soon.
                            I know stuff happens but just not preferred first experience.
                            Extremely excited to get this baby in the air.
                            -Brad

Comment

• Thanks fellas, 1/10th sounds good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iampilot2 View Post
                                First time buyer of Motion RC/Flightline model. My Allied Green P-38 delivered yesterday. Happy with quality but I have missing parts -grrrr
                                Last night on MRC website I submitted ticket explaining both elevator extensions were missing.
                                Just called MRC support to follow up on situation.
                                Not impressed with support person whom I was connected. First she claimed extensions were inside nacelles, then already attached.
                                After I mentioned a support ticket was entered she brushed me off politely and said we will get to it soon.
                                I know stuff happens but just not preferred first experience.
                                Extremely excited to get this baby in the air.
                                -Brad
                                Brad, welcome to the P-38 family. It's an awesome model.

There're a ton of extensions in the kit. When running the extensions through the inner wing, don't forget that one wing has one LED and the other has two LEDs. My P-38 is only running one LED per wing, because someone failed to run two LED extensions though one of the inner wings. :-/

I usually keep a bunch of servo extensions and Ys on hand, because I seem to always be needing more than were supplied in the kit.
                                ---
                                Warbirder

Comment

• Oxotnik,
                                  actually I was missing the glue on foam tail plane extensions
                                  Thank you for your welcome and reply
                                  Been reading this thread from the start, only at page 30.
                                  Good information so far
                                  Attached Files

Comment

• Oh, the horizontal stabilizer ends. When you said extensions, I instantly thought of servo extensions, because there are so many servo extensions in this story. LOL
                                    Hope that you either find your H Stab pieces or MRC will replace them. Make sure that when you glue them on, that you get them level; otherwise, they'll induce a roll that you'll have to take out with aileron trim.
                                    ---
                                    Warbirder

Comment

• Ah, thats what i was thinking too at first. Just make sure you check all the holes in both foam pack sections. They can be sneaky. Either way you will have them, cause MRC will absolutely make it right for ya

Comment

• Thanks for the advice
                                        MRC did finally acknowledge the processing of claim.
                                        Brad

Comment

• All this P-38 documentary is really worth watching

Comment

Working...
                                          X