Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motor KV upgrade: Did anyone try the Flightline 830kv motors with the 3-blade propeller? Note that these are not the 880kv motors that come with the speed upgrade and the 2-blade prop!

I am trying to increase the speed of the model while retaining the scale look of the 3-blade props. I don't like the 2-blade props.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaulZ View Post
      Motor KV upgrade: Did anyone try the Flightline 830kv motors with the 3-blade propeller? Note that these are not the 880kv motors that come with the speed upgrade and the 2-blade prop!

I am trying to increase the speed of the model while retaining the scale look of the 3-blade props. I don't like the 2-blade props.
      Hello Paul,
      The stock 600kV motor is spec'd out for use with a 12x7x3 prop whereas the 830kV is spec'd for a 10x6x3 prop.
      So I'm guessing that you may already know this info that the amps/watts for both motors are in the same range of 43-45A/650-680W respectively.
      These amp/watt readings are based on the load that it is subjected to per the spec'd prop.
      By you putting the 12x7x3 prop on the 830kV motor you are most likely going to overdrive the current limits of that motor into a melt down.
      Power factors are not linear when it comes to prop diameter/pitch/blade changes and motor kV's.
      The power ratings change exponentially whenever one of those factors are modified.
      Power calculators like eCalc is the best friend of an electric modeler so that money and frustration is saved.;)
      So in conclusion, if you so deem to test your wishes, please verify the integrity of your modified power system with a watt meter which should be a basic tool in every electric flyers tool box before you try to fly the power modified airframe.

Best regards,
      Warbird Charlie
      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

Hello Paul,
        The stock 600kV motor is spec'd out for use with a 12x7x3 prop whereas the 830kV is spec'd for a 10x6x3 prop.
        So I'm guessing that you may already know this info that the amps/watts for both motors are in the same range of 43-45A/650-680W respectively.
        These amp/watt readings are based on the load that it is subjected to per the spec'd prop.
        By you putting the 12x7x3 prop on the 830kV motor you are most likely going to overdrive the current limits of that motor into a melt down.
        Power factors are not linear when it comes to prop diameter/pitch/blade changes and motor kV's.
        The power ratings change exponentially whenever one of those factors are modified.
        Power calculators like eCalc is the best friend of an electric modeler so that money and frustration is saved.;)
        So in conclusion, if you so deem to test your wishes, please verify the integrity of your modified power system with a watt meter which should be a basic tool in every electric flyers tool box before you try to fly the power modified airframe.

Best regards,
        Thanks, good advice. How did you know what prop is each motor spec'ed out for? Also in the ecalc tool I don't see any entries for Freewing motors.

I did try the 830kv motors with the plane strapped down the test and they do run too hot...

Comment

• Originally posted by PaulZ View Post

Thanks, good advice. How did you know what prop is each motor spec'ed out for? Also in the ecalc tool I don't see any entries for Freewing motors.

I did try the 830kv motors with the plane strapped down the test and they do run too hot...
          The product specification page on the Overview Tab for the motor.
          FlightLine 3748-600Kv Brushless Motor - MO137482 This motor is used primarily with the stock 3-blade propeller setup on FlightLine RC warbirds such as the P-38 Lightning and F7F Tigercat. It can be used with other aircraft with compatible specifications (see below). Note: The motor comes with Type A prop adapter. Featu

FlightLine RC 3648-830Kv Brushless Motor - MO136483 This motor is used primarily with the stock 3-blade propeller setup on FlightLine RC warbirds. It can be used with other aircraft with compatible specifications (see below). Features: Precision machined parts and high-quality long-life bearings for trouble-free operat

If you want the specs for FMS motors you can find them at the FMS Motors - Specifications PDF spread sheet thread that I created Jan 2017 on the Squawk. ;)

eCalc doesn't have specs for the FlightLineRC motors because they haven't been submitted by the manufacturer to Markus Muller(German) the owner of eCalc.
          He will take submissions of technical data from users as long as they provide where the source of the data came from.
          The free public use version has limited capabilities but for about $6/yr you get the private all the bells and whistles version.
          If you can't find a preloaded motor manufacturer, with the private version you can load in the specs.
          Warbird Charlie
          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Has any one having trouble with the control board in the P-38 from Flightline?

Comment

• Welcome to the Squawk S1. I personally have not had any issues with mine.... ;)

Comment

• Nope,
                My P-38 is approaching 3 years old now and is still fine. :Cool:

Comment

• Not even a hiccup. Now, on a couple of my EDFs, that's another story.

Comment

• Welcome to the Squawk S1,

No problems here either. :Cool:

Comment

• plus three on that

Comment

• Today I finally got to do the maiden flight on my P-38, WOW.
                        Cannot believe how nice it flys. Did not have to trim anything all was spot on. The sight and sound was amazing. Used a pair of 3500 Admiral Pro
                        -Brad

Comment

• Yeah it’s an awesome plane, congrats!

Comment

• Thanks, I ordered graphics from Callie, time to weather and add final touches

Comment

• Congrats!!!!! It is a nice flying bird for sure!!!!!!! I really like mine!!! :Cool::Cool: Happy for you Bro!!! Jerry

Comment

• Thanks Man, I appreciate comments
                                ​​​​​​-Brad

Comment

• Today I received my decal set from Callie, very nice.
                                  Also ordered the maintenance nomenclature set.
                                  Does anyone have a multi view outline of proper placement of the many maintenance decals?
                                  -Brad

Comment

• Originally posted by iampilot2 View Post
                                    Today I received my decal set from Callie, very nice.
                                    Also ordered the maintenance nomenclature set.
                                    Does anyone have a multi view outline of proper placement of the many maintenance decals?
                                    -Brad
                                    This is all I have!! Hope it helps some Bro!!! Good night!!! Jerry

Comment

• Wrong dang thread!!!!!!!! Oh well, when you get a Corsair, try these!!!! Sorry!! Too funny to delete it..... :Drooling::Drooling::Scared:;):)

Comment

• Callie sent me this
                                        -Brad
                                        Attached Files

Comment

• Hey guys I’m going to go 6s on my p-38 so I can get some more speed and for battery commonality(lol is that a word?).

Does anybody have any idea where i could find an adapter to use a battery with an ec5 connector? I’m having a hard time finding one. I’m guessing i need a ‘2 xt-60 to ec5 adapter’.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                          X