Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for the help and advice!

Comment

• Decided to get the Spektrum AR620 rx from local HS for my P-38. Setting it up on my DX9. Set up rates on DX9 per manual at 100% high 65% low and added 75% mid. However manual only gives flap settings in mm. Any one have flap settings in % for Spektrum TX?

Comment

• Aww, come on... you don't have a ruler? :)

Comment

• Yeah, I do. Just thought I could save an hour or 2 of fiddling with %s and measurements if someone already had flap setting %s

Comment

• Originally posted by ICM View Post
            Yeah, I do. Just thought I could save an hour or 2 of fiddling with %s and measurements if someone already had flap setting %s
            Only takes a couple minutes. On your radio, while in flap settings, for each flap switch position, scroll to the percent and while holding your ruler just keep scrolling your percent until you reach the desired deflection. Easy peezy!

My setup may be different but for reference this is what I have:
            ----------Flap----Elev
            Pos 0..100%...0%
            Pos 1....30%...5%
            Pos 2...-75%...3%

Comment

• Thanks Beeg! You have more down elevator for Pos1 than 2?

Comment

Thanks Beeg! You have more down elevator for Pos1 than 2?
                Currently yes. As I said my settings will probably be different than what you want or like and I posted mine as reference only. The only thing I can suggest is set yours up, go fly it and adjust till it suits your fancy. If you don't like the flap settings then land without them and re-adjust and go again till your happy with them.

Comment

• Got it. Thanks again

Comment

• G’day folks, here are some pics of my P38, “Grandpa’s Axe”.
                    Not an historically correct scheme, but one of my own design after my less than auspicious start with this model, but that’s a story for another day.
                    Enjoy the pics.

Rob

Comment

• Rob, those are some really fine pics! Motion may want to take some of them for the product page!
                      Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Originally posted by themudduck View Post
                        Rob, those are some really fine pics! Motion may want to take some of them for the product page!
                        Thanks Muddy, my daughter and my wife do most of the photography for me.
                        Im sure that if Motion were to ask me, then I’m sure they’d be pleasantly surprised by my answer.

Comment

• This is a vid taken using phone and iPad. Edited for just the best bits.

Comment

• Beeg,

Just want to thank you for all your help. Finally got around to finishing the set up of my P-38 with Ar620 on my DX9:

Rates 90%/75%/65%
                            Expo 30%/20%/20%
                            Flaps -100%/-30%/+60% (had to reverse your settings to get them to work right)
                            CG 70-72mm back from the leading edge of the wing where it straightens from the curve at wing root
                            Adjusted clevis to mechanically dial in 4mm up elevator as new "neutral" per Manual.

Still in winter's grip here- snow, below freezing and high winds. May be a few weeks before I get to maiden. Can't wait!
                            Thanks again.

Comment

Beeg,

Just want to thank you for all your help. Finally got around to finishing the set up of my P-38 with Ar620 on my DX9:

Rates 90%/75%/65%
                              Expo 30%/20%/20%
                              Flaps -100%/-30%/+60% (had to reverse your settings to get them to work right)
                              CG 70-72mm back from the leading edge of the wing where it straightens from the curve at wing root
                              Adjusted clevis to mechanically dial in 4mm up elevator as new "neutral" per Manual.

Still in winter's grip here- snow, below freezing and high winds. May be a few weeks before I get to maiden. Can't wait!
                              Thanks again.
                              Did you decide what to do about your battery connection? Make a custom parallel ESC adapter or go with single battery?

Just a footnote, Like I posted at RCG about "Thread Tools" to just view "Attachments this thread", In Squawk forums, upper right, you can "filter" and select "images" or whichever you like to reduce the number of pages to browse to find information about a particular model. In the P-38 thread, if you filter to images, it takes it down to 13 pages to browse instead of 202. Saves a lot of time looking for stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beeg View Post

Did you decide what to do about your battery connection? Make a custom parallel ESC adapter or go with single battery?

Just a footnote, Like I posted at RCG about "Thread Tools" to just view "Attachments this thread", In Squawk forums, upper right, you can "filter" and select "images" or whichever you like to reduce the number of pages to browse to find information about a particular model. In the P-38 thread, if you filter to images, it takes it down to 13 pages to browse instead of 202. Saves a lot of time looking for stuff.
                                Beeg...……..Just a note about your pages comment. Its actually more about the reduction of the number of posts versus pages.
                                Pages is based upon the number of posts you want to see per page that you do in your settings.
                                For example, you indicate you have 202 pages whereas I have 406 for this thread
                                Warbird Charlie
                                HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Don't have the equipment to make a custom parallel ESC adapter, so I just ordered a single battery and standard female to 2 males Y adapter.

Comment

• So I'm thinking about installing the ribbon cable in my P-38 to clean up wing installation. Anyone done this ?
                                    Mike
                                    \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Finally maidened my P-38 today with some decent weather - sunny, 50, 6 mph wind. Set up on a Spektrum DX9 tx, AR620 rx with 2 4s 2500's and a single 4s 5000. Got in a few flights just to get a feel - coordinated turns, figure 8's, a loop and a roll, a few fast and slow passes over the runway and a few touch and go's. Flew mainly on mid rates - 75%/20% expo. Plane tracks extremely well in the air and on the ground and is responsive, but not touchy. Handled my grass field well. Takeoffs were very scale and landings into a 6 mph headwind with 1/2 flaps and some power were generally easy, except for 1 hiccup when I cut back power a bit early resulting in a small hop. In sum, the plane flies great and looks great in the air and on the ground. I'm very pleased.

Comment

• She's a keeper!

Comment

• Yeah, she is. Thinking of buying another battery for a bit more flight time. Maidened using 2 Admiral Pro 4s 2500 50c ( 137x43x23) 588g and 1 Spektrum 4s 5000 30c (143.6x42.5x36.5) 486g. Cg at 72mm with twins moved back on the battery tray and single moved forward. Looking at a Roaring Top 4s 6250 35c (153x46x36) 547g. No question it will fit and should be enough room to adjust placement for cg.

Comment

Working...
                                          X