Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grossman, have it delivered to the neighbors house, when she finds it say I've had this one for a long time

Dewey, It's $$ well spent, there is always room for 1 more plane :o)
    rc flyin addict

Comment

• Well, like I've said before, she knows every nut and bolt that I have in this hobby, so ain't no way she's not going to notice the big green machine sitting there. The one down side to having a wife who flies as well!!
      I just have to come up with a plan that doesn't involve wrecking a pile of planes to make room in the hangar!!
      One day, she will be mine !!!

Grossman56
      Team Gross!

Comment

• Hey Mike, thanks for getting back to me. I'm wondering how much shorter the "d" arms are- 1/16" or 1/8"? Please let me know. I'm having clearance problems with the stock tiller arm- especially during the retract sequence. Also, my turning radius has been diminished because of the geometry of the longer arm so like 1/8" would make a big difference for both issues. At this point, I'm half tempted to put a stock unit back in and wait 'til the upgrade units come along so I can get back in the air!! Being that flying season is in full swing, I have even less time for tinkering than usual with field maintinance and the ever popular Honeydo list. Thanks Again, Brad

Comment

• Hi Brad. It's a solid 1/8 and a tiny bit more. Agree on the stock unit. I have one on with 2 1/2" robard wheels, while I tinker with these tiller arms. I'm not holding my breath till an official upgrade comes along. I think the shorter arm will work just fine. Mike

Comment

• One of my Robart 2.75" diamond treads would not cooperate and was warped from the start. Caused all kinds of problems with taxi and landings especially so I replaced with a 2.50" diamond tread I had bought earlier. It's a smidge goofy looking if you really stare up close, but otherwise, you don't notice and at least the warp is gone and all that goes with it. I'll pick up another set of 2.75"s soon.

Other than needing to tighten one of the struts after the usual less-than-perfect landings, this bird has been nothing but 5 stars.

My YouTube RC videos:
            https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
              One of my Robart 2.75" diamond treads would not cooperate and was warped from the start. Caused all kinds of problems with taxi and landings especially so I replaced with a 2.50" diamond tread I had bought earlier. It's a smidge goofy looking if you really stare up close, but otherwise, you don't notice and at least the warp is gone and all that goes with it. I'll pick up another set of 2.75"s soon.

Other than needing to tighten one of the struts after the usual less-than-perfect landings, this bird has been nothing but 5 stars.
              I have an extra 2.75 diamond tread tire and wheel (no caps) you can have if you want it.
              TiredIron Aviation
              Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

I have an extra 2.75 diamond tread tire and wheel (no caps) you can have if you want it.
                Hey thanks! I'll gladly accept your kind offer. Just let me know what to send you PayPal or direct in PM...

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Hey Mike, I ordered two of the type" d" tiller arms yesterday along with a new nose gear assembly and blue control box. The original gear has only been working intermitantly and already cost me some damage to the nose of the plane due to not deploying for landing. Anyway, I don't know how you found those other tiller arms but I'm sure glad you did!!! Thanks Again, Brad

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post
                    Hey Mike, I ordered two of the type" d" tiller arms yesterday along with a new nose gear assembly and blue control box. The original gear has only been working intermitantly and already cost me some damage to the nose of the plane due to not deploying for landing. Anyway, I don't know how you found those other tiller arms but I'm sure glad you did!!! Thanks Again, Brad
                    Glad to help. Mike.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                      Well, like I've said before, she knows every nut and bolt that I have in this hobby, so ain't no way she's not going to notice the big green machine sitting there. The one down side to having a wife who flies as well!!
                      I just have to come up with a plan that doesn't involve wrecking a pile of planes to make room in the hangar!!
                      One day, she will be mine !!!

Grossman56
                      Allied Green ordered :)...Hanger space cleared next to the Silver.
                      Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
                      Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

• Lon,
                        Oh you greedy buggar you!!!!! Am so jealous cause I'm still saving to get my first. My RC money just got smashed on the HSD Skyraider as replacement of the Seagull version lost at NEFI and a cap for a 2016 3.5 Ecoboost F-150 that replaced the gutless towing/gas guzzlin GMC 2016 Canyon I had at NEFI. I need to land 2 more music gigs then that P-38 will be mine.
                        Warbird Charlie
                        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post
                          Lon,
                          Oh you greedy buggar you!!!!! Am so jealous cause I'm still saving to get my first. My RC money just got smashed on the HSD Skyraider as replacement of the Seagull version lost at NEFI and a cap for a 2016 3.5 Ecoboost F-150 that replaced the gutless towing/gas guzzlin GMC 2016 Canyon I had at NEFI. I need to land 2 more music gigs then that P-38 will be mine.
                          :) :) Charlie, Only reason i pulled the trigger is i "thinned" the heard. Sold 2 of my 1100mm P-51s. They have been for the most part collecting dust. Thought...if I could get a good price out of these, i'd buy another 38 that i know i would fly the heck out of. Did the Craigslist thing, sold in 24hours. Boom, another 38 on the way!
                          Lon

Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
                            Received not one but a pair yesterday. Thank you again for your generosity! (He refused payment, even shipping expense).

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post

Received not one but a pair yesterday. Thank you again for your generosity! (He refused payment, even shipping expense).
                              Hey, MRC takes good care of me...glad to do it.
                              TiredIron Aviation
                              Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Great to hear that there are still people out there that think like that. Right on Tired Iron

Grossman56
                                Team Gross!

Comment

• Love to have one of these. I am wondering what the largest battery pac(s) in terms of size someone has been able to fit in. My batteries are 139x45x32mm and weigh in at 388 grams each. Any chance of using this set?? Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by bps View Post
                                    Love to have one of these. I am wondering what the largest battery pac(s) in terms of size someone has been able to fit in. My batteries are 139x45x32mm and weigh in at 388 grams each. Any chance of using this set?? Thanks
                                    I'm flying with two of the 3600 Admiral 40c. 135x45x30, 380g each..I would say your batteries would work. Will be a tight fit.
                                    Lon

Comment

• Originally posted by dkalwishky View Post
                                      I'm using a pair of Admiral 3600's in mine, they are pushed all the way back and the balance is fine. She flies fine with them and I get 6 minutes of mixed throttle flying (75% power average).
                                      Are you using the 40C or 50C?
                                      Bob Duncan

The only real helicopter is the CH-47 Chinook. The rest are just sling loads!

Comment

• Hey Bob, welcome to the Squawk, see you drank from the Kool aid and got a P 38, good for you, lots of info here on them...

Grossman56
                                        Team Gross!

Comment

• My Allied Green 38 was sitting on the front porch when i got home today. Ordered it Friday and it's here already.
                                          I'm sure you are aware that i ordered the Pacific Silver edition when they were first available. I was just a little let down on the finish, but otherwise what a great looking and flying plane. WELL...!! The finish on this green model is by far the best finish on any plane i've owned!!!
                                          Here's a few pictures...wow, what more can i say.
                                          Lon

Comment

Working...
                                          X