Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The replacement gear for the P-38 that you can get from RC Castle is NOT the gear that FlightLineRC has created, FLRC is still working on theirs.

Comment

• congrats on your maiden Phil, happy landings !
      rc flyin addict

Comment

• Originally posted by dkalwishky View Post
        The replacement gear for the P-38 that you can get from RC Castle is NOT the gear that FlightLineRC has created, FLRC is still working on theirs.
        Or there on the container coming in September.:huh:
        AMA 424553

Comment

• Originally posted by RRHandy View Post
          Or there on the container coming in September.:huh:
          That would be nice but according to the person I talked with FLRC has not finalized the product so I doubt it would be on a September container. Now it would be great if the person was mistaken.

Comment

• Originally posted by mr.frankenjet View Post
            congrats on your maiden Phil, happy landings !
            Thanks Frank, Can't wait to get back to the field!
            The home hangar seems to breed!!

Comment

• Originally posted by dkalwishky View Post

Now it would be great if the person was mistaken.
              :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:
              AMA 424553

Comment

• Here's something i want to throw out there. Setting up my green 38, first thing was to bind. Then i connected all my flight controls rods with the servos centered, of course. ANYWAY, before i went thru the proceedure of ESC/throttle setting, I throttled up to hear the motors run. Kind of noted the sound to myself, then one at a time, did the ESC throttle calibration procedure. My thought after done, was that my motors were not turning as high a RPM, as before the ESC throttle procedure...Maybe just my imagination....I even went thru the procedure again, just to make sure i did have my throttle at the high position to properly set. I just have this thought now. "Gee, I had higher RPMS before"

I haven't compared the Silver to the Green as far as RPM top end. Anyone had something like this happen with any planes?? Does changing settings on throttle from 100% to say 110%, like you can servos, make any difference as far as motor RPM?

Thanks
                Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
                Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

• Hey Lon, just a thought on that. I never did the calibration thing on my silver and never had a problem so I'm thinking, just a trial to see if there is truly a difference in RPM, try rebinding the receiver again only don't do the calibration procedure. There's probably a better way to do it but this might at least tell you if there is really any change. If you have one ,you might even try a tachometer on the front of the motor can to check for RPM differences. Outside of checking your throttle trim, that's all I got, Brad

Comment

• Lon, just curious about your rpms. Are you running stock? If so, what does the tach say the rpms are at full throttle? I tach'd my stock setup and with a pair of Turnigy 3300 60C was getting around 7600rpm
                    Thanks

Comment

• Brad,
                      I'll try that and let you know.

Charlie,
                      I don't have a tach. Need to put that on my wish list.
                      Lon

Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lon View Post
                        Brad,
                        I'll try that and let you know.

Charlie,
                        I don't have a tach. Need to put that on my wish list.
                        Hey guys,

I did the rebind. Before the rebind I run the motors up. Filmed it and noted to myself what the top RPM sounded like. Then did a bind and rev'd the motors...conclusion=same top end RPMs. Then checked out my silver to compare...the same. Guess it was just my imagination(poor recall)
                        Lon

Comment

• I have to agree with all the others that this is one very nice kit for $349. I am in the process of assembling mine. The only complaint I have so far is minor and that is the servo wire tape on the bottom of the outer wings did not stick very well. It appears that this tape is applied before the plane it painted and if that tape is not down very well then the paint gets under the tape and the tape is finished sticking to anything.

Comment

• Hey bps, welcome to the forum!
                            Good luck with your P 38 build, its a fantastic plane, you'll love it.

Grossman56
                            Team Gross!

Comment

• Still trying to find someone who has installed the TT-25 speakers into the MotionRc P-38.
                              Bob Duncan

The only real helicopter is the CH-47 Chinook. The rest are just sling loads!

Comment

• I think back a ways someone did a install. Not sure if it was here or rc groups. Showed the TT25's mounted in the engine nacelles.

Woody

Comment

• Originally posted by BadBob View Post
                                  Still trying to find someone who has installed the TT-25 speakers into the MotionRc P-38.
                                  I did a while back and its posted on RCG and HERE..... but here it is again
                                  Brandon Moon

Comment

• Originally posted by Brandon Moon View Post

I did a while back and its posted on RCG and HERE..... but here it is again
                                    Thanks BM. I just did mine and mounted on the bottom of the boom behind the motors, as did Brad from MotionRC. I also had to glue in a toothpick to hold the ESC away from the speaker because of the potential heat from the speaker. I have to splice the speaker wires and add 8" to get them to reach the board in the center pod somewhere. I haven't decided where to put everything yet. Plenty of room there. I still need to see where someone has placed their RX, sound board and integrated circuit module arrangement.

Update: I used a 2" plastic prop spinner without the back plate to round out the mount hole for the speaker and then . Works great.
                                    Bob Duncan

The only real helicopter is the CH-47 Chinook. The rest are just sling loads!

Comment

• One negative I found on my kit. The outer wing panels are difficult to get plugged into the center section. Seems like the two arms that extend from the center section do not line up very well into the slots in the outer panels.

I'm in the process of adding one a modified 9 pin computer plug to simplify outer wing panel removal and installation.

Comment

• Originally posted by bps View Post
                                        One negative I found on my kit. The outer wing panels are difficult to get plugged into the center section. Seems like the two arms that extend from the center section do not line up very well into the slots in the outer panels.

I'm in the process of adding one a modified 9 pin computer plug to simplify outer wing panel removal and installation.
                                        The wings are designed that way to give them a firm fit. Line the first one up then flex the wing slightly to engage the next.
                                        The home hangar seems to breed!!

Comment

• Thanks for the information

Comment

Working...
                                          X