Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone tried the upgrade 880kv motor with the 3 blade setup?
    Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
    Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

• I've seen Lon's fly and it looks like its going faster than 30 mph, I think that's about top speed for the Pandora. Check out some of his latest videos, she's moving along!!

Grossman56
      Team Gross!

Comment

• You know, I'm a scale guy and I like to fly at scale speeds just for realism. This plane is about 1/9 or 1/10 scale I'm thinkin' and, at that scale, 35 to 45 miles per hour would be the top speed plus a little for emergencies. I can tell you that the stock setup goes way faster than scale speeds. Just sayin', Brad

Comment

• You know, I'm a scale guy and I like to fly at scale speeds just for realism. This plane is about 1/9 or 1/10 scale I'm thinkin' and, at that scale, 35 to 45 miles per hour would be the top speed plus a little for emergencies. I can tell you that the stock setup goes way faster than scale speeds. Just sayin', Brad

Comment

• I appreciate the comments. My main concern is that I will be flying this airplane with an FPV setup. After equipment and batteries, I expect the weight to be around 4kg. It will be heavy, and thus I wanted to know that the motors could pull her well in the air. If it can cruise at around 50mph, I will be very comfortable, as the stall speed should be around 27mph.
            Regards,

Airzipper

Comment

• I appreciate the comments. My main concern is that I will be flying this airplane with an FPV setup. After equipment and batteries, I expect the weight to be around 4kg. It will be heavy, and thus I wanted to know that the motors could pull her well in the air. If it can cruise at around 50mph, I will be very comfortable, as the stall speed should be around 27mph.
              Regards,

Airzipper

Comment

• For those interested in taking detail to the extreme level.
                Bob Duncan

The only real helicopter is the CH-47 Chinook. The rest are just sling loads!

Comment

• I just got my 3300 mah, 60C, 4S Turnigy battery packs from HobbyKing and noticed that they have these weird plugs on them. They have a male on one side and a female on the other. (Chinese??)What the heck is this? I want to put Deans on them but I'm told by my local hobby shop that the wires on these batteries are rated at 10AWG and the Deans could overheat. What about it guys, a little help here.
                  Bob Duncan

The only real helicopter is the CH-47 Chinook. The rest are just sling loads!

Comment

• Originally posted by BadBob View Post
                    I just got my 3300 mah, 60C, 4S Turnigy battery packs from HobbyKing and noticed that they have these weird plugs on them. They have a male on one side and a female on the other. (Chinese??)What the heck is this? I want to put Deans on them but I'm told by my local hobby shop that the wires on these batteries are rated at 10AWG and the Deans could overheat. What about it guys, a little help here.
                    Hello Bob,
                    Check your Wire AWG thread, responded with some help there........cross posting gets a little crazy/confusing.
                    Warbird Charlie
                    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Hi Bob,

I've had success with a simple rule: If the battery is 10AWG then its connector is EC5.

Mike

Comment

• Finally I got to maiden her. Took her up for 5 flights this morning. Absolutely gorgeous to fly. Only one click of right aileron was needed to get her flying on rails!

Very impressed!

Sorry no video (forgot to pack the mobius) but here's a couple of pics prior to pack up.

The home hangar seems to breed!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Flyer Phill View Post
                          Finally I got to maiden her. Took her up for 5 flights this morning. Absolutely gorgeous to fly. Only one click of right aileron was needed to get her flying on rails!

Very impressed!

Sorry no video (forgot to pack the mobius) but here's a couple of pics prior to pack up.

Great to hear your maiden went well!! It's such a solid predictable flying plane. Yesterday I went flying. The first hour was almost ideal conditions. Then the winds picked up to 12-17 mph. I felt confident to fly in those winds because it is such a solid flying plane. As fast as i could recharge batteries, I was back up into the wind! Windy days will not ground me with this plane!!!
                          Lon

Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

• Hey Lon:
                            Were you flying the new green one?
                            Not that it should be any different, but still, it'll look different anyway.
                            Had a l/g malfunction with Old Crow this morning, Dang wheel came off on take off. Turns out that the grub screw holding the axle in wasn't going through and into the hole. Fortunately, the only damage was a retract door and a prop blade. Had a spare grub screw and worked it until I could see it protruding through the hole, then installed the axle with some Foam Tack on the end to help hold it in. Anyone who's modified their P 38 with FW P51 L/G might want to watch out for this. These were brand spanking new retracts!
                            Team Gross!

Comment

• Gman,
                              I was flying the Silver 38 yesterday in those windy conditions(F-86 also). My green one is about ready to go. Need to do decals/detail work, to include balancing spinner and props yet. Otherwise she's ready to go.

Landing gear...sigh...Even when greasing the landings. I always do a post flight check of the landing gear on the FW 51. Make sure nothings loosened up.

Do the same with my FW 86 and P-38. I will say again, except for a grub screw loosing up a couple times out of 40-45 flights on the 86. No issues!

I'm still flying the stock gear on the 38. Out of all my flights on her, have had to tighten a grub screw on the nose gear stearing. And just a couple times, do a little tweeking on the mains (bend strut forward) Out of all my flights, I don't have 15minutes of mess around time on the landing gear. Wish i could say that about the gear on my FW 51 Iron Ass.

I've ordered a set of the new CNC landing gear struts for the P-38 from Castle. Will try them out...if they are low maintenance, will then order another set so both 38's will be fitted with them.

- Super Scale & CNC Machined With 6061 Grade Aluminum. - 100% Fit in Flightline 1.6M P-38L Plane for Upgrade. - Weight: 87g (Whole Unit) ** This Item Is Just Suspension Strut Set And Not Include Any Wheel Part ** 
                              Lon

Comment

• Flew 2 flights this morning and yesterday in 15 mph wind, and it definitely handled it better than any of my other airplanes. One thing that suprises me about this model every time is how effective the flaps are. They do an excellent job of helping the airplane slow down to crawl for landing. Managed to get a few photos from the flight as well.

Comment

• So because replacement props don't come with the prop decals, I decided to make my own. The Curtiss emblem is smaller than what is supplied with the kit. I did this as I looked at a lot of reference pics on full scale birds, and it appeared the emblem is just a tad wider than the blade pitch info stencil. See attached PDF.

I'm printing these on white-back laserjet water slide decals. I'm also using a decal setting solution (I use Walthers Solvaset) to help keep them from peeling off the blades like the last ones did.

Attached Files
                                  Pat

Comment

• CRX, Decals look great. I ordered some from Callie....they are really holding up well...originals were not very durable, and like you said, replacement props don't come with them.
                                    Lon

Comment

• Hey Lon, I am dumbstruck about the gear!! First, how did you find these? I went to the site you supplied and they look pretty good except no scissor on the nose gear. I,m wondering if you can get them without the white paint since they are CNC aluminum. Second, why aren't these gears being offered by our freinds at MotionR.C.? I guess that question should be addressed to Aros. Of coarse, as luck would have it, I just completed upgrading my struts with the P-40 mains and P-51 nose as done by Brandon. At any rate, I will be very interested to see how these struts work out for you. Also, great idea using Callie's prop decals, my replacements peeled off on the first flight like a bad sunburn!! Thanks allot for the input, Brad

Comment

• Looks good! Thanks for sharing the file. Will have to use it if I need replacements. I just had to share this photo as well. Apparently I gave the trees a nice low pass yesterday..

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post
                                          Hey Lon, I am dumbstruck about the gear!! First, how did you find these? I went to the site you supplied and they look pretty good except no scissor on the nose gear. I,m wondering if you can get them without the white paint since they are CNC aluminum. Second, why aren't these gears being offered by our freinds at MotionR.C.? I guess that question should be addressed to Aros. Of coarse, as luck would have it, I just completed upgrading my struts with the P-40 mains and P-51 nose as done by Brandon. At any rate, I will be very interested to see how these struts work out for you. Also, great idea using Callie's prop decals, my replacements peeled off on the first flight like a bad sunburn!! Thanks allot for the input, Brad
                                          I found them from a post here at Hobby Squak. The thread of retract upgrade for P38. With the latest post there it's explained why MRC doesn't have this item for the plane. I had the same thought about the nose strut. But from my experience with the stock nose strut. That should not be an issue though I would prefer them with the scissor action. I didn't think they are white. Thought it was the lighting in the picture since they are aluminum. But if so I'll paint them like I did the stock ones.
                                          Lon

Comment

Working...
                                          X