X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lon View Post
    My Allied Green 38 was sitting on the front porch when i got home today. Ordered it Friday and it's here already.
    I'm sure you are aware that i ordered the Pacific Silver edition when they were first available. I was just a little let down on the finish, but otherwise what a great looking and flying plane. WELL...!! The finish on this green model is by far the best finish on any plane i've owned!!!
    Here's a few pictures...wow, what more can i say.
    I can't even see the cells Lon! Sweet!
    Lauren

Comment

• Originally posted by Flygirl View Post

I can't even see the cells Lon! Sweet!
      Lauren...you have to put your nose almost touching the plane, and look real hard to see any cells. I'm so happy, i don't think i'll sleep tonight ;)
      Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
      Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

• WOW that's smooth, glad they got this resolved, almost wish I had waited (almost :) ). Good luck with her, wonder if the 2nd run of silver is looking this good.
        rc flyin addict

Comment

• Originally posted by mr.frankenjet View Post
          WOW that's smooth, glad they got this resolved, almost wish I had waited (almost :) ). Good luck with her, wonder if the 2nd run of silver is looking this good.
          nope., not mine.
          AMA 424553

Comment

• Hey, that's awesome Lon!! Maybe things are working out as they should, since you already know how she's going to fly, odds are she'll be staying in that condition!

Cool!!!

Grossman56
            Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
              Hey, that's awesome Lon!! Maybe things are working out as they should, since you already know how she's going to fly, odds are she'll be staying in that condition!

Cool!!!

Grossman56
              Hey Gman,
              I'm planning on her staying that way. I have 50+ flights on the silver one now, and haven't had to break out the CA or replace any parts. Have had to tighten a grub screw or two, but that's it! So looking forward to getting the Green one together and getting her in the air!
              Lon

Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

• Lon that OD looks great! I just may have to get a new one with such a nice finish...Mine was one of the first batch...Not bad but definitely not as smooth as that second batch. Keep her clean! ;)
                My YouTube RC videos:
                https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                  Lon that OD looks great! I just may have to get a new one with such a nice finish...Mine was one of the first batch...Not bad but definitely not as smooth as that second batch. Keep her clean! ;)
                  I'll keep her clean! She's smooth, i mean every where, looking to find places where it isn't...no luck:)
                  Lon

Comment

• Anybody seen this? http://www.killerplanes.com/crashproofplanes
                    Bob Duncan

The only real helicopter is the CH-47 Chinook. The rest are just sling loads!

Comment

• Originally posted by BadBob View Post
                      Ya Steve has been upgrading/retrofitting many popular manufactured airframes with carbon fiber rods.....creating a very stiff rigid airframe. One of the benefits of reinforcing with carbon fiber rods is indeed less damage if crashed. FlightLine incorporated reinforcement rods to this P-38 - However Steve of Killer Planes stabs more CF rods in where-ever an airframe can accept them.

I have purchased many warbirds from him over the years.....not for crash proofing but merely for the added stiffness rigidity which for me added to the longevity of the model(less flex - less stress - no worries of wing "taco" in heavy winds or WOT stunt flying). I have one airframe that was involved in a mid-air hit with a much larger gasser.......the plane that stuck mine went down in pieces because its prop hit the carbon fiber rod in the rear fuselage then hit again on my tail feathers - his prop exploded and ejected the motor and severed his wings in flight.....while it created a huge gash in my fuselage and severed the hinge of the rudder....I was still able to continue my flight on power and make a soft controlled crash. I still fly my plane to this day after filling in the gaps of my airframe with light weight spackle......This would have been a certain write off of my plane had it NOT been a Killer Planes retro-fitted carbon fiber stabbed airframe. I have this flight on my U-Tube Channel....Need to call attention of it to Steve now that I think about it!!

Kelly Johnson's P-38 rides again! For all the rest of you who also can't figure out why FMS stopped making their gorgeous P-38, I have some good news: Now there's an EVEN NICER one!  The LIFE SIZE (well...Denise size, anyway) 1600mm Flightline P-38 is here! 

TwistedGrin

Comment

• Hey Lon, not to rain on your parade but I can see the cells clearly in your pictures especially picture number two where the light reflects off the finish. Either you guys don't have your reading glasses on or are due for a visit to the optometrist. That's not to say that it isn't a better finish than earlier batches but I hope none of you read x-rays for a living!!! LOL, Brad P.S. Those cells will become more and more visible in the hot sun pretty shortly, especially inside the cockpit- just sayin'.

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post
                          Hey Lon, not to rain on your parade but I can see the cells clearly in your pictures especially picture number two where the light reflects off the finish. Either you guys don't have your reading glasses on or are due for a visit to the optometrist. That's not to say that it isn't a better finish than earlier batches but I hope none of you read x-rays for a living!!! LOL, Brad P.S. Those cells will become more and more visible in the hot sun pretty shortly, especially inside the cockpit- just sayin'.
                          Downwind leg. .no problem with my parade..hope you feel better. .as I had posted to Lauren, you have to get your nose up next to the plane and be looking for cells. Or as I do myself, magnify the photos and look for cells. With the exception of when I have refinished and painted a foamy like others. I haven't seen a better factory finish on a foamy.
                          Lon

Comment

• Looks great to me Lon!!
                            Maybe its a matter of perspective, to know a good one is to have seen a bad one, sort of thing.

Grossman56
                            Team Gross!

Comment

• Hey all,

my my wing landing gear gave way. The wooden piece that the landing gear is screwed to came loose.

what is the best way to re-attach it?

epoxy?
                              foam-tac
                              silicone caulking
                              ca

any suggestions? I have never had to adhere wood to foam.

Todd

Comment

• Foam-Tac by far!
                                TiredIron Aviation
                                Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
                                  Foam-Tac by far!
                                  really, even on wood. I would not have thought.

Comment

• Absolutely, I make battery compartments out of 1/8" birch for all my planes that just have foam and velcro and that's all I use. Foam-Tac will stay a little flexible and won't get brittle like epoxy.
                                    TiredIron Aviation
                                    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• I agree I have not found much that Foam-Tac doesn't hold well on. I hardly use anything else even my trusty old hot glue gun.

Comment

• Here's a short of my Allied Green P-38 that arrived this week.

Lon

Comment

• Originally posted by FLTRI View Post

Interesting you bring this up.

I have the HK Avios Sea Fury. Motor and ESC are stock, but I'm flying it with a much more efficient prop & spinner from the 1400mm FMS P-51. I built it about the same time the P-38 came out, so I was very interested in using the same battery in both planes. The recommended battery is 3300-4000 4S, but I stuffed a 5000 in it and crossed my fingers on maiden. It was definitely on the heavy side, but CG'd perfectly and flies well.

I have my timer set for 7:00 and when I land, I was only putting back in ~2000mAh. I decided one day I was going to change my timer from count down to count up, and fly it until I hit LVC. Yes, I know this is hard on batteries, and not particularly smart. I went to an area I seldom fly at that is far from the world, and no one but me was around. I knew the risks, so no lectures please.

I started losing power at 17:30 and landed without issues...

The funny thing was, at about 10 minutes I started to get bored, and began to lose concentration. We all know it takes your full attention to fly a warbird, and that long flight was almost exhausting. It was interesting to see how long I could milk the battery, but it just wasn't fun to fly that long. I have the timer set at 8:00 on that plane now, and that's plenty long enough for me. I like to take a break between flights, and setting up a perfect landing approach is half the fun of R/C for me anyway...
                                          Is the P-38 the plane you used here or the Sea Fury? Just curious if it's the P-38 that gave you the 10 minute flight time with 2 ESC's.
                                          Bob Duncan

The only real helicopter is the CH-47 Chinook. The rest are just sling loads!

Comment

Working...
                                          X