Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These kits come with rudder. Like the ailerons and elevator, you just have to add a servo. All of our Cats had working rudders even though most of us flew them by "bank and yank". However, as a skidder, a rudder is essential for ground turning. Most of us had the rudder on high rates, no expo so we could crank it around on the ground to drive them back to the pits. In the air, the rudder is very effective, so much so, that it would wag the Cat's tail like a skier going through a slalom course. A couple guys would use it to do "hammer head" turns in the air.

Comment

Oh cool. I think the rudder got tossed out in the garbage by accident. I can make one simple enough. I'm working on the Vampire tonight. Strengthening the tailbooms and giving it a good once over. Thanks for your input sir, very much obliged.

Comment

Originally posted by Skyboom View Post
        Oh cool. I think the rudder got tossed out in the garbage by accident. I can make one simple enough. I'm working on the Vampire tonight. Strengthening the tailbooms and giving it a good once over. Thanks for your input sir, very much obliged.
        Interesting that you mentioned this about the rudder. Mine came with 1/2 of the vertical tail missing. It's a double thickness piece and only 1/2 of it was there. I didn't throw it out by mistake since it's supposed to be printed on the outside surface. It was simply missing. I had to make the other 1/2 of the sandwich out of some spare foamboard I had laying around. That's the part that had the cut out for the rudder servo. The actual rudder is also a double thickness piece that you glue together and then cut a bevel on the end that mates up with the vertical fin so that it can move side to side.
        PS, should you for any reason want another one, I have a complete Arctic Cat kit unopened in its original box. Two of us bought 7 of them but one friend passed away before the shipment arrived, so I have one left. I haven't looked but I think it's a blue one. I don't know how much it would cost to ship it out to you but it shouldn't be to high by mail just one province over.

Comment

Sure I could use a second Artic Cat. I can send you an e money transfer. If you PM me your email address. I'll send you my P.O Box information as well. Thanks again xviper.

Comment

Originally posted by Skyboom View Post
            Sure I could use a second Artic Cat. I can send you an e money transfer. If you PM me your email address. I'll send you my P.O Box information as well. Thanks again xviper.
            I think I should check the postage price before you make a final commitment. I don't want either of us to be surprised. Let's continue this by PM. I'll get a price and then PM you.

Comment

Having a dremel is worth it's weight in gold. I'm getting good at motor mounts, self taught, alot of trial and error. A clear piece of any plastic makes a perfect template for the motor mount screws. So after this crashed it's getting a new motor and rudder.
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X