Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love everything about my air tractor, except the landing gear. Those gear mods look great, I might have to get to work and strengthen mine. I'd like to fly it a dozen more times on gear before transitioning to floats, but ultimately it will be my go to float plane.

Comment

Originally posted by SanExup View Post
      I love everything about my air tractor, except the landing gear. Those gear mods look great, I might have to get to work and strengthen mine. I'd like to fly it a dozen more times on gear before transitioning to floats, but ultimately it will be my go to float plane.
      As you can see in my earlier post by adding the air foiled spreader bar, and getting rid of the springs on the tail wheel landings are easier, and I get a more positive tail wheel steering. I fly off paved runways and they are not as forgiving as a grass runway. I also got rid of there cheap axles. The axles are smaller then the holes in the supplied wheels. The axles I used were Klett 1/8" I had laying around unused. The wheels slid on the 1/8" axles with no play. All the changes I made helped tremendously, and made it a much nicer flying plane

Comment

Thanks for sharing your mods! I really like what you've done to the looks and functionality of your tractor. I'm a huge warbird fan having grown up on navy bases but the air tractor or ag planes in general have always captured my interest. I am really enjoying flying this plane but my choices are rough dirt or rough grass and my landing gear has been bent in and out of shape too any times. I'm waiting on a new set and before I tweak that set out of shape I am going to have to attempt your modifications. You've done a really clean job addressing the issue!

Comment

I have many War bird's too I am currently Flying an A-T6 Texan, P-51, P-39 Cobra, British E-flite Spitfire with the 5 bladed prop P-38, B-24 Liberator, Mitchell B-25, B-17, A-10 Warthog, F-4 Phantom, F-16, F-35, ME-262, and a T-33 Shooting Star and a few others

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Man View Post
            I have many War bird's too I am currently Flying an A-T6 Texan, P-51, P-39 Cobra, British E-flite Spitfire with the 5 bladed prop P-38, B-24 Liberator, Mitchell B-25, B-17, A-10 Warthog, F-4 Phantom, F-16, F-35, ME-262, and a T-33 Shooting Star and a few others
            And a PT17? That must be the Eflite? How do you like flying that? I have some true warbirds and feel like I kind of need to have a Stearman.
            Have you ever seen the air show pilot John Mohr fly his? There are some great you tube videos of his "act." He basically flies it touch distance from the ground. I think he is retired now but I would love to see him fly in person.

Comment

And a PT17? That must be the Eflite? How do you like flying that? I have some true warbirds and feel like I kind of need to have a Stearman.
              Have you ever seen the air show pilot John Mohr fly his? There are some great you tube videos of his "act." He basically flies it touch distance from the ground. I think he is retired now but I would love to see him fly in person.
              I use it for one of my Go Pro video Planes and yes it is the E- Flite PT-17. I have never seen that guy fly Here is a recent video I did with the PT-17. On the Air Tractor one other problem I found While re gluing the stab support, the Horizontal stab it is loose in the Fuselage. There are no mounting screws in it when assembled So I squared it up and glued it solid to the Fuselage. on most of my previous flights I noticed that the elevator trim kept changing up or down due to the way it was mounted and moving back and forth now it is solid and the trim does not change and it flies much better.
              Flying my PT-17 with Go Pro Vecroed on the Top wing

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Man View Post
                Seems like after flying the new E-Flite 1.5 m Air-Tractor 402. I get home and add more scale Items to the plane LOL!!!. just got this in to add on top of the Canopy, just like on the Full scale 402, it plugs into the receiver. A rotating Beacon. Now back to making the Spray bars and nozzles for it.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	Beacon.jpg
Views:	2886
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	242082
                love the air tractor wild man, i just bought one, can you put me in the right direction for scale parts to throw on it, also where can i get that rotation becaon

Comment

Out in the yard doing some watering of plants. I was not the only one out taking care of plants. Field just to the south of the house getting some dusting.
                  Air Tractor INC. model AT-602. Todd's Arial Spraying LLC., De Witt, Iowa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Me-G...ature=youtu.be
                  Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
                  Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

Wild Man, what would you charge for a brace if I may ask?

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	20210218_201947.jpg Views:	0 Size:	95.1 KB ID:	300121 One of my winter projects. The floats are on backorder. I was actually evacuated from my house last summer because of a fire. Two fire boss ATs showed up just in the nick of time to save a house down the road from us. My avatar photo is one of them making a drop. He actually ended up catching a power line with his floats, fortunately they either have a cutter on them or the power of the plane over comes strength of the cable. It was already a tense moment, we were really scared for the pilot for a moment. Everything turned out ok in the end. But I bet his seat cushion suffered that day. No houses lost, no planes lost, no one hurt. It was a campfire that wasn't put out properly and was left unattended.

Comment

I think I might try to add a sprayer rig to my air tractor. Going to use a Miracle smoke pump and push water through aluminum tubes under the wings. Designing a tank to fit in the battery hatch, then the plumbing. Mounted the tubes.
                        Attached Files

Comment

I think I might try to add a sprayer rig to my air tractor. Going to use a Miracle smoke pump a push water through aluminum tubes under the wings. Designing a tank to fit in the battery hatch, then the plumbing. Mounted the tubes. ​Sorry for the double post.

Comment

Awesome! Even just having the rig hanging off the wings will be cool!

Comment

I upgraded the gear with the FMS Beaver gear. They aren't cheap, they aren't light but the air tractor doesn't mind and they do not bend at the slightest pebble or bump in the runway like the factory gear. Tundra wheels work well too. It flies exactly like it used to. I had to make a balsa block to incorporate an angle to achieve forward rake but I used the same mounted screw holes on the plane. So happy with the fix, I recommend it.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20230528_163941.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	168.3 KB
ID:	378452

Comment

Got everything mounted and plumbed. Test run on the ground had water spraying equally from the 5 holes on each side. I plan on mixing in a little food coloring or milk to make the water more noticeable. Test/Maiden this weekend.

Attached Files

Comment

Got everything mounted and plumbed. Test run on the ground had water spraying equally from the 5 holes on each side. I plan on mixing in a little food coloring or milk to make the water more noticeable. Test/Maiden this weekend. Click image for larger version

Name:	20230601_210021.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	139.9 KB
ID:	378700

Comment

rlcamden Very cool! It's so damn fun to fly. Eager to hear how it goes! I like your trailer setup, it actually confirmed an idea I had for my trailer, of using metal closet rods and plumbing insulation for pads. I need to add a third tier to bring more planes. Thank you sir!

Comment

rlcamden Very cool! It's so damn fun to fly. Eager to hear how it goes! I like your trailer setup, it actually confirmed an idea I had for my trailer, of using metal closet rods and plumbing insulation for pads. I need to add a third tier to bring more planes. Thank you sir!
                                        Here's a better look at the way I have it set up.

Comment

Due to some unforeseen circumstances, I was not able to fly it this weekend. I should be able to within the next couple of days, though.

Comment

Working...
                                          X