Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can someone take the measurement from the spinner to the elevator? Think putting it in the car with the rudder between the front seats and then be able to close the hatch...

Looks like a great warbird!

/N

Comment

Total length 2040mm (a little over 6'8"), length from spinner tip to back of elevator at root, 1860mm (a little over 6'1"). My spinner is 6mm shorter than stock. You could take the original spinner cap off and save about 70mm.

Comment

Got mine put together with an EME 70cc Twin. Fits perfectly. Love the model. Well put together overall. A few things here and there in the build that need adjusted. Overall flies beautifully. On rails. And the BH models are so light. We weighed it in at 25 lbs. For a 94" plane, that's unheard of. And very durable. Well done MotionRC. Now get to work no the BH BF-109!!!!!

Here is a video of my third flight.
        Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by bananaman View Post
          Total length 2040mm (a little over 6'8"), length from spinner tip to back of elevator at root, 1860mm (a little over 6'1"). My spinner is 6mm shorter than stock. You could take the original spinner cap off and save about 70mm.
          Thanks, it will fit in the car. Plane and motor (Satio 90R3) are ordered! Will be fun!

/N

Comment

You will like both. Make sure you put the motor back as far you can install it, the cowl will limit how far due to the exhaust stubs I took away material to move mine back a bit more, and don't glue that tail cap on until you balance.

Comment

You will like both. Make sure you put the motor back as far you can install it, the cowl will limit how far due to the exhaust stubs I took away material to move mine back a bit more, and don't glue that tail cap on until you balance.
              So you removed material from the engine mount (to fit the exhaust) and then you added some carbon fiber + epoxy on the inside to reinforce it, is that correct?

What is the recommended distance between the ring muffler and engine mount?

How large is the place for tank and electronics, can I fit a smoke system as well?

/N

Comment

Originally posted by nicco View Post
                So you removed material from the engine mount (to fit the exhaust) and then you added some carbon fiber + epoxy on the inside to reinforce it, is that correct?
                Yes, for the Keleo exhaust ring, if you go with the standard flex pipes you'll be able to route them clear.

What is the recommended distance between the ring muffler and engine mount?
                It sort of wraps around it so you need to take away material to get it to fit. My exhaust clears the mount by 9mm. The reason for that distance? That is what it was after linishing.
                You could cut off the front and sides of the bolt-on mount, add another plate and use long standoffs

How large is the place for tank and electronics, can I fit a smoke system as well?
                Very large, the whole top fwd half of the fuselage comes off like many aerobatic models. Yes.

Maybe the picture shows the mount better. It has 5mm spacers in this image that I've taken away. You'll have to expand and lengthen the cowl slots for the stub exhausts to get prop clearance. The ignition sits on top of the mount behind the engine.
                What I really like about the access to the fuselage and this mount is that you can reach in and prime the engine with your finger, rotate the prop until your finger is just wet, then put the top/canopy back on. This engine starts every time hot or cold within 2 flicks that way.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20200422_095234_copy_1024x740_copy_740x1024_copy_1280x925.jpg Views:	0 Size:	114.9 KB ID:	257681
                Attached Files

Comment

Almost finished...

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4785(1).JPG
Views:	1248
Size:	160.3 KB
ID:	258514

Name:	IMG_4780.JPG
Views:	1320
Size:	145.1 KB
ID:	258515

Comment

looks incredible luv the look of the radial saito?? i think

Comment

We yesterday test the FG-73R5 with a Biela Semiscale 3 Blade 22x12. 5411 RPM on the ground.

German noise measurement 71 db(a) at 25 meter distance to the plane.

We did the weigh out and i need 160g lead in the tail. I look now for a light spinner to reduce the lead.

I will now make the tail unscrewable.

Name:	507B243B-D775-48DF-A9F1-0978E8FD5631.jpeg
Views:	1221
Size:	347.3 KB
ID:	259506

Viele Grüße
                      Dennis

Comment

I have got my model now and will start building it. My model is not exactly the same as yours. My motor mount is fixed and for the electric version is there some standoffs to use from the gas version of it.

I will use a custom ring exhaust so I can get the exhaust pipe on the side instead of down and with some smoke on top of that I think it will be really cool!

I will post pictures when I have something to show you!

/N

Comment

Hello Nocco,

you will have many fun with this great plane.

Here is an idea for a removal tail.

Mini wing fix like Multiplex Multilock:

Name:	89FE2299-563C-470A-9176-D0451427845B.jpeg
Views:	1119
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	260649

Viele Grüße
                          Dennis
                          Attached Files

Comment

Sunday was maiden flight. The Zero fly wonderful. It looks tail heavy but it is not.
                            I had two problems: First the left wheel gets stuck on the first start of the plane. Propeller demage on the ground an i had to fly without a spinner and with a smaller Biela propeller.

Second the electric gear doesn't extend in the pre flight check. The gear cover hooked somewhere so we screwed it off.

Very much luck on the first flight day.

Name:	IMG_4871(1).JPG
Views:	1175
Size:	345.9 KB
ID:	261619

viele Grüße
                            Dennis

Comment

Got all parts for the plane after some delays and have started to build.

Are you guys using the flaps when you are landing?

/N

Comment

I do unless its very windy, you can some landings see here. I flew it again today.

Made a holder for it, luckily I have a car it fits in.

Name:	20200628_164502_copy_882x1190.jpg
Views:	1145
Size:	124.2 KB
ID:	261801Click image for larger version

Name:	20200628_164954_copy_600x1234.jpg
Views:	1067
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	261802Click image for larger version

Name:	20200628_165154.jpg
Views:	1089
Size:	150.0 KB
ID:	261803

Attached Files

Comment

I do unless its very windy, you can some landings see here. I flew it again today.

Made a holder for it, luckily I have a car it fits in.

Name:	20200628_164502_copy_882x1190.jpg
Views:	1145
Size:	124.2 KB
ID:	261801Click image for larger version

Name:	20200628_164954_copy_600x1234.jpg
Views:	1067
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	261802Click image for larger version

Name:	20200628_165154.jpg
Views:	1089
Size:	150.0 KB
ID:	261803
                                  Looks awesome!

I long will the fuel tank last?

I am thinking of getting a smoke system and then I need a second tank and if I use one size smaller I can put them side by side.

/N

Comment

I didn't know how thirsty the Saito would be, so went larger, the tank I have installed is 700ml, I am looking for 15mins duration, it seems to be very good on fuel so I'm going to change down to 500ml. I can't say exactly how long it flies on a tank as I didn't time my flights. I fly Jeti and probably rely to much on its cleverness, I forgot to setup auto logging. Yesterday due rain and low light, the available flying time was shortened to three flights, the first roughly 10mins, the next about 5 and the last was two fast circuits and a landing. I used about 1/3 of the tank. I will probably have the smaller tank installed for a warbird meet in two weeks. Sorry it isn't a definitive answer to your question.

Dennis, on the first flight yesterday I did have the right hand gear not fully retract. It came out OK for landing and worked without a problem on the ground and a later flight. It did the same on its second ever flight. Can't see what might be causing it. Might be air load, so speed related? I'll be monitoring it on future flights, until I'm confident I won't fit the belly tank. Glad your model is OK, they do fly very nicely.

Comment

Hey Banana man great model caddy and video ! I was wondering if you would share more info on the caddy and any info on the CMP Zero ?
                                      I am bashing the large CMP Zero into an electric conversion and would love any tips possible on CG ect . The original owner of the CMP has been a great asset but love to hear other opinions on the model .
                                      Attached Files

Comment

Hi Joe, thanks, the carrier comes from this Sketchup drawing I did. It was inspired from a background shot in a German YouTube video about an r/c Warbird display from 15yrs ago.
                                        Its good for plug in wings, but can be altered for other types. I got tired of wrapping wings in bubble wrap and blankets and having them move around and get damaged. I also have the unfortunate habit of forgetting wing joiners, so have a spot to velcro it on the stand. Not very visible in the image posted above are foam covers for the stab tips.

The cross pieces are lap joints. Everything is glued except the harness supports, they have single bolts. The foam is lagging for hot water pipes. The wing supports are blue foam.

I've asked my friend for his CMP Zero's CG and any relevant info.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Zero stand.jpg Views:	0 Size:	127.5 KB ID:	261938
                                        Attached Files

Comment

• I have a 1000ml tank and it is too much. 500ml i thing is the best size. Low wight is importent for me to land an a 100m (0,0621371 mile ) runnway.

Viele Grüße
                                          Dennis

Comment

Working...
                                          X