Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• im going gas fg90r3 radial

Comment

• Thank you for your help Dennis! Can’t wait to build this beast. I’ve got the FG 73, just waiting for the keleo exhaust. Dennis, where did you get the spinner?

tom

Comment

• Gents - just confirmed Motion R/C James is flying this airframe via Admiral GP60 160Kv motor 10s Lipo package with an XOAR Beechwood 22x10 prop.

TwistedGrin
        Black Horse DO335 - Ready for Maiden
        Hanger 9 87inch Fokker DVII - Ready for Maiden
        Phoenix 1900mm Lysander - Ready for Maiden
        Hanger 9 81inch P-47 - 10 year restoration in progress
        Blackhorse BA Eagle - fly's on rails
        Nexus OV-10 Bronco - fun to toss around super cool
        Dynaflite 89 inch Chipmunk - 10year old Trainer
        Hanger 9 90inch Carbon Cub - Sport Trainer
        Hanger 9 69inch Valiant - Sport Trainer
        Sig Kadet 78 inch Sr Sport - Fun Trainer
        SeaGull 337/6 76.8inch Skymaster - Tricky Beast
        Hobby King 60inch Sopwith Camel - very tender trainer
        Hanger 9 80 inch Piper J3 Cub - Flies like a Cub
        VQ 69inch Beechcraft Baron - Psudo Sport plane
        Great Planes 80inch Escape - Lazy Sport plane
        Eflite 46inch 450 Taylorcraft - Lazy Sport mini plane
        Extreme Flight 72inch Legacy Muscle Coup - Sport plane
        Extreme Flight 62inch FW-190 - Very Good Sport Plane
        Seagull 80inch Mosquito - RIP Stay away from this model

Comment

• Trying to see when Blackhorse inventory might hit the docks....seems like Motion probably received birds in 2020 September perhaps.......That's a long time from today to be camping out on the keyboards hawking for the purchase...but I will.

TwistedGrin

Comment

• I pinged Motion to see if they could provide ANY forecast of Blackhorse product.....MotionRC stated they could not provide any ETA.

TwistedGrin
            Jonesin' for the 93inch Blackhorse A6M Zero

Comment

• I’m waiting on this model any updates when it will be available

Comment

• My model is still going well. The only thing of note so far, lower parts of the gear doors fatigue failed. They are ABS. Haven't made replacements yet.
                Flew with a H9 Oscar on the weekend.

Comment

• I could use some advice. I bought a never flown Zero with BH electric retracts from someone. For the first 4-5 flights, the gear won't retract. I have to cycle it at least once, sometimes multiple times. On my last flight, one gear didn't come down. It took many tricks and a few minutes before luck prevailed and I got both down. Testing on the ground (with radio or button on retract module), there are never issues. When retracted, I can run my finger around the tire in the well. The tire spins freely. The gear is not touching the top of the wells. I've wiggled connections and nothing happens. I don't understand why this is happening. I have a spare module so I'm going to install it and see if it continues. I don't have the manpower to test the gear, on the ground, while the engine is running. Maybe engine vibration is doing something? Can gasoline engines create electrical interference?

Comment

• What voltage are you applying? I think it needs 7.2 to 8.4 V. Clean and put some lube on the cam slots, drive pins and threads.

Comment

• Using 7.2 V. It's about a year old and been sitting til about a month ago so lube is a good idea. They work flawlessly on ground tests.

Has anyone experienced the BH covering not adhering to the carbon wing roots?

Comment

• Regarding power supply, fresh battery or an old partly puffed high internal resistance Lipo? Is it only supplying the gear or is shared? I would have a dedicated battery, at least until you confirm the system operates OK. If the gear works on the ground and not in the air, then air load can be a factor. That is where lube is important and a very clean gear installation. No burrs or anything that can foul movement. If the gear leg is loaded up in the direction of air flow, with the usual amount of freeplay retracts exhibit, that may cause the wheel or door to bind on the cutout. Also confirming it occurs for extension and retraction?

All my models have electric gears of various types. The current sensing controller ones are the best, but you must be very careful to ensure free travel throughout the travel range. Think about whatever can cause an increase of current to trip it while it operates. While a wheel may not be fouling, a gear door can overload the system. Take them off and fly it, the model will fly fine. If it works OK than shim them out when you reinstall. Also check the strut isn't fouling at the bottom of the cutout. Retracting onto a strip of paper and checking it will move freely is a quick way to do that.

Also does it work flawlessly using the test button or using via the radio? From the gear manual "1. Set retract channel end point travels to -100% and +100% from your radio transmitter"

​Not sure what you mean by "the carbon wing roots". Mine, like these, are ply.
                        Perhaps you mean the filler used on the fuselage to wing fairing? I used some rubber toughened Zap where it didn't stick too well.

Click image for larger version

Name:	fetch?photoid=244923.jpg
Views:	543
Size:	177.5 KB
ID:	359982
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Has anyone ran a DLE 61 on the Zero? How does it perform.

Comment

• Originally posted by bananaman View Post
                            Regarding power supply, fresh battery or an old partly puffed high internal resistance Lipo?
                            New LiFe battery, not puffed, used only for gear. Gear was flawless on the ground via radio and test button. I tried tripping the gear immediately after takeoff (for slow speed airflow) but it didn't work. Several minutes later, they went up. The plane and gear were brand new, they had just sat for a year. Gear doors weren't installed. Upgraded aluminum wheels were installed though. They didn't catch on anything. There was ample space around the wheels and gear in the wells.

My B.H. Zero and FW-190 has all the wood laminated with carbon. So, my wing roots have braided carbon I don't see in your pics. At an event this week, someone looked at my FW-190 and thought I added the carbon because his didn't have it. I guess B.H. is doing an upgrade now. That person has trouble with his FW-190 gear where he has to switch it immediately after takeoff for it to work.

I had a spare retract controller for the Corsair, NIB. I tried installing it and it seemed DOA as the power lights would turn on but the gear didn't do anything via radio or test button.

It's a moot point now as the zero went in at the event and it's a total loss.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stuka View Post
                              Has anyone ran a DLE 61 on the Zero? How does it perform.
                              My DLE 65 made it fly scale, imo, and it wasn't a speed demon. I can't remember which prop I used.

Comment

• Has anyone used a gas G62 in this yet. If so any mods have to be done to it

Comment

• Has anyone put a DA85 in this model?

Comment

• I have about 4 flights on mine. Plane flies well with a DLE 61. My only issue is the landing gear. I have one the does not go up all the way up. Running a 2 cell lipo on the controller. Gear work perfect on the ground. Does it wether the gear doors are on or off. Anybody have the same issue? Any fixes out there? Thanks.

Comment

• Anyone have the worm gear block strip out on the retracts?

Comment

• After reading this thread I've gained a lot of useful information to be used on my Zero build. I've also gleaned what I can from YouTube. I'll be flying with an Xpwr 60cc electric motor, CC 160A esc, 24x10(12?) Biela three blade prop and 12s 6000mAH. I deviated a bit from the instructions in that I modified the tailcone and tailwheel bulkhead with magnets to allow for a removable tailcone. As much as I'd like to believe the tailwheel and cable system is maintenance-free I just can't. I'm an aircraft mechanic by trade and I feel better having access to that area. The Xpwr 60cc motor was purchased from a friend who was flying a TopRC P-51 with it using a Biela four blade prop. It pulled it around just fine (scale) but he wanted more speed and like me just couldn't stand not using a scale prop. He replaced the Xpwr with an electric belt drive setup that suits his purpose. I've been powering an Extreme Flight 87" MXS with an Xpwr 60cc, 12s and a 24x10 BadAss prop. It'll produce 7200 watts all day (well, at least until the lipos are drained, which doesn't take long at 7200w!). I plan to try my setup on both 10s and 12s before making a final decision.

Comment

• Is anyone using the included spinner with a gas engine on this plane? I noticed the backplate of the spinner is aluminum, but I am not sure about using this spinner with the EME 70 I am installing in my Zero.

Comment

Working...
                                          X