Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Dewey, I have considered that as well, it would be nice to access the receiver but they want an arm and a leg for the cable to do it with. Good to know that there may be a problem. Meanwhile we have the Cody 'breeze' here and its not letting up. I know that if its 10 mph here at the house, its usually 20 mph at the field, which is enough to make the planes take off by themselves.
    I wonder if they include the cable when you buy an AR636, sounds to me that it would be difficult without one??

Grossman56
    Team Gross!

Comment

No lm sorry to tell you Dan unless they have changed things you have to buy it separate. Checked on motions site and it listed it separately. The one I bought came from HH and had to get the cable separately.
      Dewey l

Comment

YYYYAAAAAYYYYY!!!!!
        The wind was down this morning so I burned up the sky!!!!
        First things first, Mike, Ryan, Charlie and Lon, thanks so much for the sage advice on landing warbirds!!!!
        I've spent hours in the last few days practicing on the Sim with the virtual BBD to get my landings corrected, using the information you guys gave me. Some of my best landings happened today!! I'm still hoping that Mike and Ryan do a video on this subject, namely, landing warbirds, guys???
        Anyway, shot some landings with BBD in real time and they were so much better!! Had the Spitfire up as well and what a joy to fly! I have it set so that I can flip between SAFE mode and regular flight with AS3X.
        This plane is absolutely what I was looking for!
        I seriously thought of putting the AS3X receiver in a Flightline Spitty, and probably will at some time, but what I was looking for was something that would fit between the Pandoras and the FMS/Freewing 1400mm warbirds and this is that very plane.
        If your expecting a plane that's going to haul ass across the field, you might be a bit disappointed, her speed is very scale, but if you're looking to find a warbird that can do all the maneuvers easily and have a bunch of 2200 3s batteries like I do, then this is the one!
        It flies as advertised, the one thing they don't mention, but I think is a positive for those transitioning from an Apprentice, say, to a warbird, is that it lands like an Apprentice, speed wise. Drop your gear and flaps and the thing almost hovers in a breeze, with the motor at idle. This translates to, "I can read a chapter in my book, have a cup of coffee and take some pictures of her, all in the time she takes to land."
        Which further translates to lots of time to build that mental program for landing warbirds.
        Tip: two wheel landings!
        One thing I found about her is that the camo is very effective!! Against a blue sky, you better keep an eye on her, because she's quite capable of doing what her big sisters did, disappearing! It's a good thing they have the invasion stripes on her undersides, you can see those which helps for orientation. I've thought about maybe painting the grey an earth brown like the earlier Marks, but for now, ol' Eagle eye will have to keep her in close.
        As you could see from the build pic I posted, its a very simple plane to assemble. I also went back and touched up the paint and took the minor wrinkles out of the one wing tip and filled in some of the mold 'holes', then coated it with a satin Minwax, sorry, it was all I had! Besides, Minwax is still a good product where Varathane is a great product.
        Bottom line, don't pass this bird off as another trainer, she's got a lot of personality for the price!!

Grossman56
        Team Gross!

Comment

Very good info Gman can you compare the speed to the eflite p47 or dallas doll. I have those as others may that would give us an idea on speed. I would also like to see a video from Ryan and Mike like you suggested where they talk us thru the process. I'm sure it wouldn't be like a one on one lesson but might help some of us. It might even become its own segment addressing other things like they've done in the past.

Comment

Thanks Farm, I'm hoping they will too!

Grossman56
            Team Gross!

Comment

Hey Dan and Farmflyer
              We'll after today I think I'm going to order the spitfire. First time flying in over 6 months. Wanted to maiden hellcat and Pandora but could only get Pandora and my HH corsair in the truck this trip. Got to get my camper Shell back on so I can haul planes. Maiden failed. Put it on the Pandora post I started. Was going to order 1450 BLUE NOSE FMs p51b or a p38 but I just don't know. After today and not flying for so long and being in the hospital I feel like I need to practice back up. My little corsairs still great but I need something newer I think. It's got alot of flights on it and the screws are starting to listen due to foam compression from where it removed the wing so much to get it in the cab of the truck. I was wondering if you was able to use the code foam at checkout for the 20 off on your spitfire. Got one in the cart with some other stuff but hadn't hit checkout yet. Still trying to make up my mind.
              Dewey l

Comment

I'm not sure about the discount code but I think the Spitfire sounds like a definite winner I'd go for it.

Comment

The code Foam is good until 7/26/16 enter it at checkout.

Comment

Bad when you get the bug for a new plane and you've saved so you can get what you want and then can't make your mind up. Then after today I thought maybe the spitty would help me get back on my feet since the old corsairs getting so loose. She sure does still fly good though. I'd recommend that plane to anyone.
                    Dewey l

Comment

Originally posted by Dewey H Lee View Post
                      Bad when you get the bug for a new plane and you've saved so you can get what you want and then can't make your mind up. Then after today I thought maybe the spitty would help me get back on my feet since the old corsairs getting so loose. She sure does still fly good though. I'd recommend that plane to anyone.
                      Which Corsair Dewey? The Dynam?
                      Lauren

Comment

No it's the HobbyZone F4U with safe as3x. Has the 3 flight modes and a panic button. Never used the panic button except to see it work. Bought it as my first Foamie a little over 2 years ago. Flew a couple times in intermediate and switched to experience and have never looked back. GREAT FLYER.
                        Dewey l

Comment

I think the Spitfire is a great choice, if you are a little on the nervous side, just hit safe mode until you relax. When you bind the plane, bind it in SAFE mode, which is easy. The bind plug comes on an extension that's connected to the bind plug on the receiver, you plug the battery in, let the receiver beep, then unplug the bind plug and turn on the radio while holding the bind button. When it binds, you'll be in SAFE mode. Then, all you do is hold the two sticks down and in, towards the middle of the radio (5 and 7 o'clock ) then click you selected switch 5 times, the airplane will chirp and twitch to let you know that it now has a switch that turns the SAFE mode off and on.
                          With a three position switch, you go from position 0 to position 1 only. 0,1,0,1,0 So now, you have SAFE mode in position 0 and normal flight mode with AS3X in position 1
                          It's all in the manual, and for someone who always has a challenge in binding airplanes, this was a snap.

Grossman56
                          Team Gross!

Comment

Hey guys, slightly off topic, but still about Spitfires and building airplanes, this is amazing!!
                            Like many of us, Bob DeFord of Prescott, Arizona, dreamed of owning a Spitfire. Like most of us, he couldn’t afford one. Unlike just about any of us, however...

This fellow should be commended, he has done what we dream about!!

Grossman56
                            Team Gross!

Comment

That's just too cool. Wouldn't it be great to say I think I'll build me a WWII airplane and do it.

Comment

Yeah, can you believe that? Goes to show, if you can dream it, you can do it.
                                Of course a bit of cash and a friend who can build anything must help a lot!!

Grossman56
                                Team Gross!

Comment

Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                                  Hey guys, slightly off topic, but still about Spitfires and building airplanes, this is amazing!!
                                  Like many of us, Bob DeFord of Prescott, Arizona, dreamed of owning a Spitfire. Like most of us, he couldn’t afford one. Unlike just about any of us, however...

Grossman56
                                  That plane is based out of Prescott Airport, around a half mile from where I spent the past 4 years in school. It certainly made your day to see a Spitfire roar over campus at the end of a class!

Comment

Also, despite the excellent reviews on this plane, I have put it on the "maybe later" list. Bought an LX Wildcat instead. Mostly because of the folding wings and cool retracts. I still want to get this one for sure though, I just might have to let something go from the hangar first..

Comment

Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
                                      Also, despite the excellent reviews on this plane, I have put it on the "maybe later" list. Bought an LX Wildcat instead. Mostly because of the folding wings and cool retracts. I still want to get this one for sure though, I just might have to let something go from the hangar first..
                                      That Wildcat looks interesting! The folding wings would make it soooo easy to transport!
                                      Lauren

Comment

Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post

Grossman56
                                        Holy crap! That's incredible!!! He made it sound like he was assembling an ARF instead of completely fabricating a whole plane. LOL!!!
                                        Lauren

Comment

Don't you love some of the insights, like a soup ladle for a rear view mirror!! I love his resourcefulness!

Grossman56
                                          Team Gross!

Comment

Working...
                                          X