X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post

They are completely different models. The flightline is Mk9 vs the Eflite is a MK14. The eflite has a 5 blade prop and AS3X, and is more expensive. Both are pretty good in terms of scale detail. You might be referring to speculation that the eflight was designed by FMS. There has been a lot of speculation of this over on the "other" forum, but was not confirmed.
    Where have you been. FMS does make the 1.2 E-flite series of planes for Horizon Hobby, However, FMS does use the Z-foam that is the standard foam formula used exclusively by Horizon Hobby.

Comment

I am interested in acquiring one of the E-flite 1.2 warbirds, However, I am not a fan of the tires used on the E-flite 1.2 warbirds, they seem too bouncy to me, from what I have seen at the local flying club.

What low bounce tires would be best suited to the E-flite series of 1.2 warbirds and what size tires are recommended.

Comment

Everybody I've read about and use my self are Davie Browns. You can get them in a variety of sizes. Recommend them highly.
        Dewey l

Comment

Yes, DB's rock!! I had a wheel break on the Pitts at Nefi, the center shaft broke clean off the rest of the wheel. Ryan had a set of DB's that were the right size and gave them to me, the difference was immediate!! I have DB's on both Pandoras and the Waco, now the Pitts, all the others will eventually get them as well.

Grossman56
          Team Gross!

Comment

Dang guys, I had her out again today and she's such a well behaved little airplane! We were flying in a, wait for it, no wind situation here in Cody. Such a rarity!!!
            So, with full flaps and gear down (of course) she still hated to give up the sky. The beauty of this plane is that she gives you a lot of time to decide what you want to do. I did a few touch and goes with her, which were so easy, then settled down to land. I'm finding that my conclusions from the last flight are accurate, I hold off planting the tail a few seconds and when the tail comes down, correct to the left as she likes to turn right and plant the left wing tip. She flew like a dream today.
            Now, my question is whether the Flightline Spitfire's motor/ESC combination would work on her. The wingspan is the same, I'm just more concerned that the AR636, being programmed for that particular plane might not like it, any thoughts?
            This is something to consider for next year as I really like the way she's performing right now, just a bit more speed would be nice, unfortunately, you can't do the zip tie mod on the prop as she's a one piece.

Grossman56
            Team Gross!

Comment

Dan they are so close I think that I would try it. My friend went from a gull wing to a straight wing and I'm not sure but in the overview it talks about adjustable. When he flew it coming out of a corsair to a t28 it was a handful but I think in your case you can do some programming. My friends was locked for his corsair. I think it would be worth the price of a cable and besides you will need one if you buy a 636 receiver anyhow. So buy the cable first and maybe save the cost for a receiver. Kinda of a win either way.
              Dewey l

Comment

BTW when she's down on the runway have you tried dumping the flaps to see if she will settle a little quicker. Man if Weedsnagger had got back a little quicker I wouldn't have bought the snoots sniper and bought one of those instead. But that's okay. Have a nitro P51,a 1450 P51 and hopefully a 1700 P51. I Know the flaps keep trying to give you lift.
                Dewey l

Comment

Yes, I'm dumping full flaps on her, she's just light. I've got some 2600's on the way, hoping to add a little weight, but yeah, I should try giving it maybe half flaps, dang thing is so light that she probably doesn't really need any, I'll experiment around with her, half the fun!

Grossman56
                  Team Gross!

Comment

There you go you got that right. My HH corsair with safe is a floater also. No flaps but in the wind you have a heck of a time setting it down. Even with the ax636 with safe it helps keep you straight and level but she still has trouble going all the way to the ground. I almost dumping the whole throttle to get it down.
                    Dewey l

Comment

I'll be taking her to Riverton on the weekend along with the Pitts and Old Crow. Hoping for one decent night for flying in the meantime.
                      I was trying to win the Flightline Spitfire that Motion so generously donated to Nefi for a raffle draw, but missed it. Would love to do a side by side comparison.

Grossman56
                      Team Gross!

Comment

I hear you Dan. I remember somewhere you posting a picture of a pvc rigg you made for transporting planes you had together and for the life of me I can't remember where it's at. I was just wondering if you would put on where it was or post the picture again. It looks like it would be something to slide in the back of the truck and go to the field without having to take the wings off. Especially on the dynam.
                        Dewey l

Comment

Ok we were 106 here today with 100+ degrees for the next couple of weeks. I see where it may snow in parts of Montana and Wyoming this weekend. Gman will that be anywhere near you?

Comment

Hey Farmflyer it's been 95 to 100 here and even this past weekend at the field it was so hot the planes I took with me had to cool from the index being so high. Everything that didn't normally heat up during a flight got warmer than usual that's crazy for NC. How was it in your area Pauly.
                            Dewey l

Comment

Originally posted by farmflyer View Post
                              Ok we were 106 here today with 100+ degrees for the next couple of weeks. I see where it may snow in parts of Montana and Wyoming this weekend. Gman will that be anywhere near you?
                              Crap, I hope not, I'm heading for Riverton this weekend for a fly in. We in the NW corner of Wyoming, just outside of Yellowstone Nat. Park.
                              It wouldn't surprise me though. We've had days when its 70 degrees and it snowed the next day.
                              There'd be a lot of choked tourists though!!

Grossman56
                              Team Gross!

Comment

Has anyone tried this on 4s? I have some admiral 2500 4s batteries and am planning on getting one in the future and wondering if they'd fit.

Comment

Farm, the 2500 is 44mm wide, so is the compartment width, +/- 2mm. I think you are golden.

Comment

Couldn't get my head in there, but it's as wide as a standard sized matchbook cover.

Comment

I was watching a demonstration video and the guy mentioned trying 4s. Then it posted a note on the video that you'd have to upgrade the ESC, so beware. I've thought the same thing. I bought some 2600 3s in the meantime with the EC 3 connectors.
                                      Admiral 2600mAh 3S 11.1V 30C LiPo Battery with EC3 Connector - EPR26003E Power you can trust! Admiral batteries are globally renowned for delivering superior power-to-weight ratio, reliable safety, and long lifespan. Produced in a world-class facility with an all-new formula that optimizes high performance across more

They are great and give her a little more time in the air. Still have a wack of 2200 3s that I just use an adapter with.
                                      One thing, besides performance, a 4s would add a little more weight, when you consider that yo can fly the FLightLine Spitfire with a 4000 4s and its the same dimensions, can't see why you couldn't with the E Flite.

Grossman56
                                      Team Gross!

Comment

I seem to have a real problem programming my safe select switch on my DX9. I am using the G-switch on Aux 2. I am not getting the chirp and twitch that was discussed above. Can anyone help me with this?

Comment

First of all, Welcome to the Forum crhannay!!
                                          I have a DX 8 so this might not be the same, but I followed the binding steps as described in the manual. When it came to setting the switch, I had to use a three way switch, but the trick is that you only click it back and forth to the next position. For instance, the settings on a three way switch are 0, 1, 2.
                                          You can either move the switch times as described in the manual like this...1,0,1,0,1 with the switch in position 0 to start
                                          Or 2,1,2,1,2 with the switch in position 1 to start.
                                          It won't work, at least in my experience, if you switch from 0 to 2.
                                          Also remember that you bind differently as well.

Grossman56
                                          Team Gross!

Comment

Working...
                                          X