Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank You! I did read all that and bound it with the safe method removing the bind plug before you turn on the transmitter. I have the cables and have the programming in my computer as well and it still shows the flight mode switch as unassigned. I did test fly it and it want to climb as others have said. It was a windy raw day so did not get a real good feel for it. I use to fly with a guy at NWA on the B747-400 that lived in Cody. I can't remember his name right now.

My wife and I have been thinking of moving to Star Valley Ranch north of Afton.

Comment

Cool!
      I found that the safe switch was interesting but did nothing for me as I've been flying for a while now. I rebound it and just fly it as a regular plane with A3SX. It's a sweetheart to fly anyway, a little under powered compared to my 4s warbirds, but then its only 3s. One thing I found was that it just doesn't like to land. I've got the flaps set down as far as they'll go now, but a good landing is usually with no flaps.
      Then, she does like to tip on one wing as well, so I'm working on that.
      I have the FMS 1400mm P51D. P51B, P40 and Pitts as well as two Freewing P51's and the Flightline Bearcat that I fly on a regular basis, so I really didn't need the Safe mode, but I was interested in its value as a transition airplane to get up into bigger warbirds.
      I think its an ideal plane for that purpose and if you've come from a Pandora and want a Warbird, its ideal as you can use the same batteries.
      A more experienced pilot would, in my opinion, be better off going the FlightLine Spitfire, but still its a great plane for the price.

Grossman56
      Team Gross!

Comment

I actually do have a FlightLine Spitfire as well that I just finished. I did also bind it with out safe and flew it once with no problem, but the weather was deteriorating so only did one flight that way. I do have a RocHobbpy P-39, Freewing AT6, and Dynam Hawker Hurricane that I have flown quite a bit so I probably don't need the Safe mode either, but would like the option. I have a Timber with Safe and I feel like I am fighting the airplane all the time so don't use it.

Comment

Oh, there you go, so you are experienced enough not to really need it so much as having at an option, that's like me. I just found that when I switched from one to the other, the elevator trim would go into a nose up config, not much, but a PITA, so I just rebound it so that it is a regular plane with AS3X.
          The last flight with Big Beautiful Doll, I was having the same issue with the A3L, I'd plug in the battery and let her sit, let the gyro stabilize then I'd turn it off and you could see a fair amount of elevator movement. I noticed this in flight at first, and was trimming the heck out of the nose to get it down to level, landed it and checked it out. Don't know what that is but I've never had that before and I have A3L's in all my planes, hmmmm

Grossman56
          Team Gross!

Comment

I have never used an A3L I have one Lemon RX stabilized receiver in my Hawker Hurricane and it flys fine. All my other stabilized receivers are Spektrum AR636s and AR7350s.

Comment

Hello, I am thinking about ordering the Eflite Spitfire 1.2 and was wondering if my 4s 4000 Admiral lipos will fit in this plane. I will be upgrading to a larger Amp ESC also..Anybody figured out how to go with a 2 blade prop/spinner.

Thanks,:)

Comment

I have flown a 4000 pack in mine but it is a little heavy for the plane. I don't like the way it behaves so I tend to just use 3200's in it instead. It will do it but...

Comment

This is a great plane and I've thought of upgrading the ESC to go with a 4s setup. I tried, as a matter of interest, to see how well a 3600 would fit in, it's very tight!
                  I usually fly mine with a 2600 3s and she's pretty 'scale' like (as they say for birds without a screamingly fast stop speed).
                  She's a pretty bird, but seriously, if you have some warbird time under your belt and are looking for a good Spitfire with a 4s setup, go with the Flightline Spitty. Already setup with what you want and I've seen one fly, its an excellent bird.
                  If you are looking to get into a warbird, having flown you trainers until you can execute takeoffs and landings with no problem (as Lon once said, you know you're ready for warbirds when you can land your Pandora fifty times in a row with no problems), then the E-Flite Spitty is a great way to go.

Grossman56
                  Team Gross!

Comment

Hi Folks. I'm new to the forum and was wondering if anyone has had an issue with the spitfire's retracts? Specifically, my bird has a "waddle" when taxying on pavement. The tires have a bit of toe in and hang up when going in and out of the wheel wells too. Called Horizon Hobby and the PS person I spoke to was a bit perplexed, but surmised that the wing may not be formed properly, so he sent me a new one. Will know more when I swap everything to the new wing. Kudos to HH for stepping up to help fix the problem.

Comment

Interesting, I've had the strut get too far inside the retract mechanism and the latest trouble with it was that one was intermittently hanging up. Got that solved and she seems fine now, of course after I had to belly her in. No damage though,the plane is capable of flying so slow that I brought her in gear up and settled her down on a sage brush patch. Fixed the gear and she's good as new.

Grossman56
                      Team Gross!

Comment

I have noticed on a couple my E-flite 1.2 planes the retracts hanging up brand new out of the box, I did resolve the problems by loosing up the 4 screws that hold the retracts in there mounts just a little problem solved ....:)

Comment

that's what I ended up doing as well, Charlie was telling me that it's not unusual.

Grossman56
                          Team Gross!

Comment

I'm thinking, these 4 screws are not tighten very evenly from the factory and this somewhat binds the retracts..they are mostly made of plastic.:)

Comment

When I was having trouble with one retract on my Spitfire, my good buddy Warbird Charlie gave me that answer, here's a quote of the message originally posted in 'All
                              Us Intermediates, Lets Share' thread
                              "Dan,
                              Usually one of the sides that the etract mounts to is not in parallel with the other side which is confirmed by you loosening screws as you mentioned which takes the twist out of the side frame of the retract. That twisting action is enough to trip the stall current sensor on the circuit in the etract. It really happens quite a bit on Dynam and occasionally with Freewing(FlightLine)
                              Warbird Charlie

ScaleTech OV-10 Bronco; HSD A1 Skyraider; FlightLine: F7F-2D, P-38 Allied Green, Sea Fury; FMS 1400: P-40B, Stuka, P-51 Marie, F4U Olathe, F6F, T-28, P-40E and a Fox glider; Freewing: A6, P-51; VQ: P-39, JU-52; LX PBJ-1(B-25); Dynam: ME-262, FW-190, Waco, Catalina; Phoenix: Spitfire, Dauntless; Maxford Antonov AN-2; Starmax L-4 Grasshopper; Eflite 1100 T-28 float; Tech1 P40; DTFB DR-1; Sonic Modell Pitts Python"
                              Team Gross!

Comment

I got one of these in from Mrc today when I tried to bolt the main wing on one of the brass inserts was not threaded. Does anyone know what the tap size and thread is for these. I opened a ticket with Mrc I just hate to go to the trouble of sending it back and getting a new one. By the way this would be the first time I might have to return something.

Comment

For anyone interested the wing bolts are 3mmx0.50 thread.

Comment

Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
                                    I have flown a 4000 pack in mine but it is a little heavy for the plane. I don't like the way it behaves so I tend to just use 3200's in it instead. It will do it but...
                                    I recently got one of these and am also going to use 4s in it. The Admiral 4000 balances it perfectly. Are you using any extra weight with the 3200's?

Comment

Originally posted by farmflyer View Post
                                      I recently got one of these and am also going to use 4s in it. The Admiral 4000 balances it perfectly. Are you using any extra weight with the 3200's?
                                      To be clear, I use 3S not 4S packs and it will balance fine with no additional weight using the 3200's. I think that using 2200's like it recommends would leave it tail heavy based on what I could tell.

Comment

Just took the receiver out of mine and replaced it with a Lemon receiver I had. I wasn't a big fan of the stock receiver, so. Now, did you guys change out the ESC in order to run 4s in this plane??

Grossman56
                                        Team Gross!

Comment

• I have not modified mine.

Comment

Working...
                                          X