First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just can't make up my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Kloverzero View Post
      While I am not a fan of HobbyKing, I do love the C-47. I have the old Royal kit, but it got a little banged up. I had thought of buying the Dynam kit, and replacing the fixed gear with the retracts from the Freewing Mosquito. It would be pretty close to correct, and I can do some minor modification to make them even closer to scale. I was going to get the white DC-3 version, and do my own paint job on it. I think I like the looks of this one better, so now I am on the fence again....decisions decisions...LOL
      So far this kit is working out fine for me.I was pleasantly surprised with the detail. I loved the fact that it came with all the hardware. I put my Dynam C-47 into the trees on its maiden and just finished up a complete rebuild with some mods. Looking forward to getting her back up.

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
        Nice workshop, SfC Wade. I may have missed it, but what livery do you plan on depicting? I recommend Callie Graphics; she collaborated with Hobbyking on this plane's release and she has a variety of decals to choose from. A tip would be to apply a coat of clear Varathane over the decals to help lock them in. Other than that they look great.
        Thank you. I am still debating the livery issue. I’m thinking maybe going with Pan American with some added details i.e. curtains and passengers. But I’m on the fence because I do love this legend Airways scheme. Yes I will be contacting Callie Graphics. (She does great work) I am experimenting with Testors Model Master Spray Clear High Gloss lacquer Finish. I want to get a very high shine. I am not familiar with Varathane is it safe on EPA?

Comment

Does anyone out there (that has successfully flew this one) have any recommendations what the throws should be set for?

Comment

Does anyone out there (that has successfully flew this one) have any recommendations what the throws should be set for?

Comment

Hey there SfC Wade, I maxed out my throws on the maiden of my HK 1600mm C-47. Personally I preferred having all the throw I could get to maneuver the aircraft.
              Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

I'm with Alpha on this. Max out throws (100%) for high rates, 75% on mid and 50% on low if you have 3-position switches for these. You need max rate on rudder for ground turning, max rate for elevator for ground operations on rough ground. I fly in an unconventional way in that I like to do rolls and loops. You'll high rates for rolling. However, I suggest you start with mid rates and adjust to taste after your first flight. Don't forget lots of airspeed before cranking on the sticks, especially taking off - don't try to climb to steep, use lots of power until it's up. Use more power when banking in a turn.

Comment

Alpha, I can understand that one but with me, I have a tendency to over correct.

Comment

Originally posted by SfC Wade View Post
                    Alpha, I can understand that one but with me, I have a tendency to over correct.
                    Just use a bunch of expo to calm it down.
                    TiredIron Aviation
                    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Tirediron, expo and calm.

Comment

Looking forward to your maiden flight Wade! Mine is still on the bench behind a few other projects right now. Planning on ordering the same power system as well depending on how you like it.

Comment

Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
                          Looking forward to your maiden flight Wade! Mine is still on the bench behind a few other projects right now. Planning on ordering the same power system as well depending on how you like it.
                          I am just now starting the work on the Fuse. (A lot of inside detail work). The wing is in a hold pattern for now. I need to make up my mind on how to run some more switches.

Comment

Originally posted by xviper2 View Post
                            I'm with Alpha on this. Max out throws (100%) for high rates, 75% on mid and 50% on low if you have 3-position switches for these. You need max rate on rudder for ground turning, max rate for elevator for ground operations on rough ground. I fly in an unconventional way in that I like to do rolls and loops. You'll high rates for rolling. However, I suggest you start with mid rates and adjust to taste after your first flight. Don't forget lots of airspeed before cranking on the sticks, especially taking off - don't try to climb to steep, use lots of power until it's up. Use more power when banking in a turn.
                            Thanks Viper for the info.

Comment

Subscribed!
                              My YouTube RC videos:
                              https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

The Build is comming along fine. I am starting on the paint job now. I am useing painters blue tape but afraid it may pull up the paint when I remove it. Any help/ sugestions would be appreacated.
                                This is the critcal point.

Comment

Originally posted by SfC Wade View Post
                                  The Build is comming along fine. I am starting on the paint job now. I am useing painters blue tape but afraid it may pull up the paint when I remove it. Any help/ sugestions would be appreacated.
                                  This is the critcal point.
                                  Ryan gave a really good hint on one of his "how to" videos as to how to avoid pulling up paint. Take a sharp razor blade or X-acto blade and lightly score along the edge of the tape. Don't go very deep, only about the thickness of the paint. This way, when you pull the tape, it won't lift the paint that it's next to.

Comment

Another thing to do is rub the tape along your pants a little bit before applying. It helps soften the amount of tackiness while still providing enough to stick. In the end, I always have matching paint and detail brushes on standby, knowing inevitably there will be some bleeds or peel ups that need attending to.
                                    My YouTube RC videos:
                                    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Originally posted by xviper2 View Post
                                      Ryan gave a really good hint on one of his "how to" videos as to how to avoid pulling up paint. Take a sharp razor blade or X-acto blade and lightly score along the edge of the tape. Don't go very deep, only about the thickness of the paint. This way, when you pull the tape, it won't lift the paint that it's next to.
                                      Thank you for the info. will give it a try. Do you have the link for that?

Comment

Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                                        Another thing to do is rub the tape along your pants a little bit before applying. It helps soften the amount of tackiness while still providing enough to stick. In the end, I always have matching paint and detail brushes on standby, knowing inevitably there will be some bleeds or peel ups that need attending to.
                                        Yes i have done that few times. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Here is the build so far in a slide show.

Comment

Working...
                                          X