X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Freewing 64mm High Performance Stinger Thread

Motion RC is pleased to announce the release of the Freewing 64mm High Performance Stinger. This is the official message thread to post photos, videos, flight reviews and any questions about this aircraft.
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Haven't maidened mine yet. I went for the 98.00 3 cell. Just need a battery an reciever. In the assembly phase. I'm using 2200 man batteries. It's a nice fast looking set. I enjoy the economy of the 3 cell
    setups. . It may be me . But she's real tail heavy. I learned to make
    edfs a tad nose heavy. I've set up meteors an twisters. So in my case I've modified the nose , to get her to balance . Be nice to hear from other stinger jocks

Comment

A great little jet. Members at our club began flying and racing them last year. A lot of bang for the buck. They were pretty zippy with the 5 blade fan they came with last year. They seemed to sell out as fast as MRC could get them in. I finally ordered mine last month and was pleasantly surprized to find out they now come stock with the 12 blade set-up:).

I do have one question for those that are flying them...What are the recommended control throws, D/R, and expos? Nothing mentioned for starting points in the manual.

Comment

Yes this is a fantastic jet and the 12 bladed does make it more pleasant on the ears. I have my dual rates as the following for all surfaces low 50% med 72% and high 100% with 30-50% expo your choice this seems to work very nice for me. I go by percentage and not by measurements never had an issue doing this yet. Happy flying and yes racing them would be cool to do.

Comment

Thanks Brad. That's right where I have mine set up. The racing is a blast to watch. You get 5 - 7 of these little firecrackers blasting around at WOT. Sometimes 2 or 3 try to occupy the exact same airspace at the same time. Makes a heck of a noise. Results are new airframes or spare parts ordered from MRC. Too much fun to give up.

Comment

There is a half the wing and a chunk of the fuselage in a tree at my flying field from where my buddy decided to see if the tree was stronger than the foam. The tree won. If you need half a wing tj, I will run up there and grab it!! LOL Great flying little jet, I had one a few years ago. Total blast to fly.

Comment

Is this jet faster than the 70mm Super Scorpion?
              Thanks

Comment

I bought one a couple of weeks ago. Installed an AS3X in her. Maiden flight, the main gear fell off. Flew for a few mins and landed it with nose wheel only. Second flight was hand launch. All was well except for the receiver coming unstuck from the fuselage resulting in some insane oscillating and convulsing followed by the plane augering in.

I haven't had it back out yet. Still need to straighten the nose. Hope to give it another run this weekend.

Any idea what the stock speed it on a 4s? Been flying my Blade Theory race wing and it's running 90+ on a 4S. Soooo much fun.

Comment

Hey guys, if anyone needs any Blue Stinger PNP spare parts I have some for sale here:

Thanks! :)

Comment

I just purchased the 12 blade upgrade for my 3s stinger. Will be using a 80amp esc. ill let you guys know how it fly's when the edf motor arrives.

22 Oct 17

Update put two flights on the stinger with the 12 Blade upgrade motor and a Lipo 2200 4 cell 50c. My stinger will go vertical non stop. Wow and fast.
                    Last edited by DFJETFLYER; Oct 22, 2017, 03:18 PM.

Comment

Welcome to Hobby Squawk DFJETFLYER. The 12 blade set-up sounds way better, it is quicker. The only down side is that it seems to go through the battery a little faster. I'm assuming that you are stepping up to 4S packs as well. These are a lot of fun in a small package.

Comment

Received mine today and got 3 flights in, WOW what a blast !! I noted quite a gap between to fan and the housing has anyone tried to tighten that up. Maybe a .020 CF strip and some zap???? Used Floureon 2800 4S 30C fit great, stuck with 3 min they are new put 1800 back in took it easy on the throttle

Comment

Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post
                          A great little jet. Members at our club began flying and racing them last year. A lot of bang for the buck. They were pretty zippy with the 5 blade fan they came with last year. They seemed to sell out as fast as MRC could get them in. I finally ordered mine last month and was pleasantly surprized to find out they now come stock with the 12 blade set-up:).

I do have one question for those that are flying them...What are the recommended control throws, D/R, and expos? Nothing mentioned for starting points in the manual.
                          They have the throw rates listed on motion rc. Just look at the stinger and you will find them in the text area.

Comment

Originally posted by DFJETFLYER View Post

They have the throw rates listed on motion rc. Just look at the stinger and you will find them in the text area.
                            Welcome to the Squawk DFJETFLYER. Found them a while ago, but thanks for responding. Got many flights on this little beast now. Loads of fun for a little $.

Comment

Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post

Welcome to the Squawk DFJETFLYER. Found them a while ago, but thanks for responding. Got many flights on this little beast now. Loads of fun for a little $.
                              I am assuming you're using a Spectrum radio? If so, can you tell me your dual rate setup? I want to duplicate and like you, I don't go by MM like the site mentions.

Comment

Originally posted by willwillwill718 View Post

I am assuming you're using a Spectrum radio? If so, can you tell me your dual rate setup? I want to duplicate and like you, I don't go by MM like the site mentions.
                                Welcome to Hobby Squawk will. I use a Spektrum DX9. I have mine set-up on a single 3 position switch. For my flying style, I use mainly the low and mid rates. I use low rates for launch. IMHO the ailerons are too effective at Motion's recommended rate. You may find different rates work for you.

Low: Ail = 49% 50% expo, elev = 55% 45% expo, Rud = 70% 45% expo

Mid: Ail = 72% 60% expo, elev = 70% 45% expo, Rud = 80% 55% expo

High: Ail = 100% 78% expo, elev = 90% 59% expo, Rud = 100% 60% expo

Comment

So I just madianed my 4s Stinger 64 tonight and the paint came off part of one wing panel. Is that normal? Other than that it was awesome!

Comment

EPO is the next best thing to Teflon for non-stick. then add the mold release agent from when they formed the EPO. If they missed getting some mold release off, the paint/deals are doomed.
                                    FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

Just received mine for Fathers day. Hoping to get out and maiden it today if the weather will hold out. I opted for the 4s version. Hope it flies well and I don't bring it back in pieces.

Comment

Welcome to Hobby Squawk rcflyer23! Congrats on the Stinger. It is a great flyer if you've got a good deal of experience. It's a quick little bird and can get "small" really fast if you let it get too far away from you. The throws in the manual are pretty good. Do dial the ailerons down quite a bit. They are VERY effective. Good luck with you maiden.

Comment

Working...
                                        X