X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jjskier View Post
    Wish someone would write a super clear idiot proof detailed set of directions for the Dynam Tiger Moth -- anyone out there from MotionRC listening?? Could be called "Idiots Guide to Putting Together the Dynam Tiger Moth" with larger easy to understand diagrams showing STEP-BY-STEP detailed how to put it together for all us older (and newer) rc enthusiasts.... I am 74 years old and just got interested in RC and first bought a Sport Cub (and crashed it a few times) then got a Radian motorglider (and crashed it twice) and totally rebuilt it... and now have the neatest Tiger Moth that I am looking forward to flying for a long time..... thanks Motion RC!!!
    We are working on writing better manuals but it is a slow process and there are so many that need updating. We would like to see them go all digital that way when they make changes to the plane the manual can be easily corrected. Manufacturers now print off a ton of these and if there are errors or changes they will not amend them as they will not throw away the old ones so we live with outdated and unclear assembly instructions. That's why we have this wonderful community here on HobbySquawk. Thanks for helping out everyone!

Comment

:Cool::Silly:LOLWE ARE THANKS FOR USING BEST PRACTICE TO ADJUST POINT OF READING FOR MAXIMUM HAPPINESS!!!!! WETTNESS WILL BREAK!!!!

Comment

Great attempt of the Chinglish vernacular Hardway LOL (wettness DID break)
        Warbird Charlie
        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

I thought it was a little funny!!! It made my wife laugh...

Comment

I'm still trying to figure out how it works with the cg X mm forward of the leading edge. Doc

Comment

Ignore the instructions on CG. All Tiger Moths balance at where the rear cabane struts meet the upper wing to just a bit forward of there. (1/2 inch range on the Dynam)
              FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

Does anybody have problems with their T.M. nosing over on landing. And how would I modify the rake on the landing gear to help alleviate this?

Comment

If you search the web you can find instructions. Basically you put the wheel mount in a vice and bend it forward about an inch. Most recommend taking off all the plastic parts before doing this because it is easy to break them, but I didn't. Be careful not to end up with excessive toe in. You want the wheels to end up entirely in front of the leading edge of the wing.

Comment

The Tiger Moth LOVES to nose over.

The newer cowl is much more resistant t shattering than they used to be. They used to go to pieces at the gentlest nose over.

Practice and holding full up while applying power slowly, reducing elevator as speed increases, will let you get up to speed where you can get off the ground without nosing over.

Landing on anything but nice smooth pavement its hard to keep the tail down. It can be done with the OEM gear without bending though. Eventually you can do grass landing and not nose over with the help of a bit of headwind.

If you really want to know how to deal with a tail dragger... leave the gear stock. It will help train you for other models.
                    FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

Hi Guy

I am going to maidening my tigger this weekend any advice on CofG and rates would be greatly appreciated. I’m going to be using Admiral 4s 2200mah

I have repainted her to a Royal Navy then nexa copied me lol

many thanks Click image for larger version  Name:	07153990-5558-4B98-B971-C36FF0638F22.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	58.3 KB ID:	263004Click image for larger version  Name:	BB850CDC-D702-40A0-8DF5-C0B2BCCA6E4E.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	131.4 KB ID:	263005Click image for larger version  Name:	172D8800-0C07-4207-A90A-645CE8C1885C.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	74.7 KB ID:	263006Click image for larger version  Name:	7116C243-6369-4488-AF72-90E989DDEE5B.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	262.1 KB ID:	263007Click image for larger version  Name:	33CEEB71-FB71-4267-A03D-5FC7914109B0.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	223.2 KB ID:	263008

Comment

Beautiful job. I fly mine with either a 4S 2200 or a 3S2400. Performance is fine with either. Just get longer flight times with the 4S.

Comment

On the CG question, I have my battery as far forward as it will go and I had to add about .5 ounces of lead in the nose on the firewall. It balances just forward of where the rear cabane strut meets the wing.

Comment

Originally posted by bob_stan View Post
                            On the CG question, I have my battery as far forward as it will go and I had to add about .5 ounces of lead in the nose on the firewall. It balances just forward of where the rear cabane strut meets the wing.
                            Thanks

Comment

Thanks for the help guys. I got to fly her for the first time on saturday.

She flew very well except I felt she looked a touch tail heavy. I did as you can see mess up the landing but no harm done. I will have took into a mod I have heard about.

Please enjoy the video and if you have any suggestion of observations I will be very happy to hear them .

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC08764.JPG
Views:	220
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	263730Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC08766.JPG
Views:	208
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	263731Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC08760.JPG
Views:	195
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	263732Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC08765.JPG
Views:	180
Size:	118.3 KB
ID:	263733Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC08752.JPG
Views:	185
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	263734Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC08762.JPG
Views:	187
Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	263735Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC08767.JPG
Views:	197
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	263736Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC08761.JPG
Views:	189
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	263737Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC08756.JPG
Views:	198
Size:	31.0 KB
ID:	263738Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC08751.JPG
Views:	192
Size:	208.2 KB
ID:	263739

Comment

I did the landing gear mod where you bend the gear so it is just forward of the leading edge of the wind. It is difficult to do without breaking something if you don't remove all the plastic pieces first. I also put slightly larger wheels on mine to cope with the rough grass on our field. But it is fine to fly in a scale fashion.

Comment

Working...
                                X