You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Discussion Thread: Bancroft 1/150 scale 1800mm (71") USS Missouri -RTR (Ready to Run)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unboxing review video??

Comment

Enjoy the UNBOXING.

Comment

Hi all,

I am really interested to know if there is any issues with the electronics? I hate to lose in it the middle of the lake! Dai

Comment

Awesome video and truly beautiful model ship. My immediate thought were it would make a great display model in a fancy office or business. It's a bit large to launch and sail for the average RC sailor, but outstanding just the same!

Comment

Great video, loved history lesson that came with it.
            This is the "modern" version correct?....on pics posted above WWII version seems to have rudder access hatch I did not see it in this one, but she is a beauty regardless.

Comment

Originally posted by OSMD View Post
              Great video, loved history lesson that came with it.
              This is the "modern" version correct?....on pics posted above WWII version seems to have rudder access hatch I did not see it in this one, but she is a beauty regardless.
              That video and current available one is not the modern version. It is the WWII version.

Comment

Originally posted by PanzerBoxb View Post

The 1/200th definitely does not have it and Paulh is probably right, but with the price jumping up so much, I need to be sure before I could consider it.
                No hatch on the 1/150 but servo is accessible as shown in unboxing video.

Comment

Originally posted by dai phan View Post
                  Hello all,

I just bought the 1/150 MO and I do not know what version it is. I have the Graupner 1/150 Bismark, 1/00 San Diego, 1/150 Belfast, Bancroft 1/200 Yamato, 1/72 Fletcher, 1/40 Coast Guard Cutter. I can tell you 1/150 is the way yo go as 1/200 is way too fragile. All of these are built by Ky's Model in China. I would like to if anyone has bought this model recently and has any issues with electronics? Chinese RTR is notorious for having cheap poor quality electronics. I also fly RC models so I know this issue too well. Dai
                  It should be the WWII version. Not sure if or when the modern version is coming. Anybody know?

Comment

Thanks for clarification Paulh, yes I saw in unboxing vid servo is perfectly accessibly, I wish rudders were, the same issue with Scharnhorst.

Comment

Alas, I shall do a hard pass on this and the Scharnhorst then. Bancroft continues to cut corners and these have gotten too expensive to overlook the flaws.

Comment

Alas, I shall do a hard pass on this and the Scharnhorst then. Bancroft continues to cut corners and these have gotten too expensive to overlook the flaws.
                        It is an awesome/impressive beast and worth every penny in my opinion. Blows the 1/72 Fletcher away in awesomeness factor.

Comment

Check the Scharnhorst thread I posted on how I think the rudder may actually be accessible. Can't afford the Missouri but I wouldn't be surprised if she has the same thing.

Comment

Let me check your Scharnhorst thread, I'm tempted to get it but no access to rudder is a problem for me.

Comment

Originally posted by OSMD View Post
                              Let me check your Scharnhorst thread, I'm tempted to get it but no access to rudder is a problem for me.
                              May I ask why rudder access is a must? Dai

Comment

I am still very interested on how the ship fares with the electronics. Dai

Comment

Dai I think that eventually one would have to adjust, clean or change rudder so having an easy way to do it like small camouflaged hatch will save time and work. I got Nimitz and there is good size hatch in deck to access rudders which is perfectly camouflaged and makes easy to work, straightforward access.

Comment

Another example is Grand Captain, I got 2 of these and I assumed there was a hatch to get to rudders but there isn't and it is a pain-in-the-neck to reach/service servo arms.

Comment

I can see why many would not want to cut the wood in order to get to the hatch. Very well there could be a layer of fiberglass underneath. Dai

Comment

I very much would like Alpha to comment on this concern. Dai

Comment

Hi all,

My ship has arrived. Since Covid, the prices have increased of 50-80% but at 1650 USD, I still think it is a fair deal consider of all the details. I will not run the ship until I have some positive feedbacks on the electronics. Still the old substandard or new ESC? Dai
                                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X