X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comparison CSTK16 and WH.T16Z

In this thread I'll be comparing some of the lesser known MFCBs available for RC tanks. This thread will document debugging, testing, and an eventual assessment of the advantages and disadvantages of each system. If any of you have experience with the Can Shuo CSTK16 or the Weiheng WH.T16Z, please also post your thoughts!

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC00261.JPG Views:	5 Size:	89.9 KB ID:	221348

Both of these MFCBs are used to replace the stock MFCB in an RTR tank such as that from Heng Long, Hooben/Ark, Taigen, Torro, etc. Users then bind their own radio of choice to their receiver of choice, such as a Futaba 8J, then set about programming mixes and assigning switches where they choose.

Both of these MFCBs have unique features, but also several common functions, including:

1) Dual speaker output up to 12W
    2) Barrel Recoil and Elevation
    3) Barrel Elevate-To-Reload (such as Leopard 2A6)
    4) Many LED output ports, including barrel flash LED (the Weiheng can power a 10W xenon flashbulb)
    5) Ability to control either conventional double motor or transmission-based dual motor drive systems
    6) Input voltage 2s-3s
    7) Wider sound set selection (CanShuo has five onboard sound sets, whereas the Weiheng can only be flashed with one at a time)
    8) Higher amp ESCs and mosfets
    9) Aluminum case
    10) Comprehensive owner manuals and setup guides (if you can read Chinese like I can)

Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Reserved
    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Looking forward to all the possible upgrades available for these.

Comment

Hey Alpha, just found this site and your post on the CS-TK16 mfu, I know it`s old, but any chance you have a copy of the user manual for this unit, or at the very least, instructions of how to change it from Chinese to English voice-prompts?..............any chance?.........Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Chris-R View Post
          Hey Alpha, just found this site and your post on the CS-TK16 mfu, I know it`s old, but any chance you have a copy of the user manual for this unit, or at the very least, instructions of how to change it from Chinese to English voice-prompts?..............any chance?.........Thanks
          I may have the manual at home in English. I'll see if I can find it when I get home tonight.

Comment

Here`s hoping then! Thanks soooo much for helping out with this issue tank_me, it`s quietly driving me It`s i,m,h,o, a very good board so I can`t believe the lack of info on it? Its way cheaper, for it spec, than the IBU`s I have in my other tanks, 1/2 track/s etc! PS. I`ve just had, this AM, an e-mail from Hooben admitting to thier `mistake` in sending me (in UK) my `Master Edition` Merkava 4M, RTR tank, with ALL the supplied RC gear, FS-i6s (TX) and the CS-TK (mfu) all set up in Chinese!.........you think! Don`t, yet, know what they are going to do about it? Thanks, in anticipation, Chris-R.

Comment

All I found was the wiring diagram I have. I found a video with the settings. If you skip to 4:45 in the video, that's when the settings part starts. Looks like you hold the right stick up for a few seconds and it enters the setting menu. First setting is engine sound, second is shooting sound, third is MG1, fourth is MG2, fifth is turret rotation sound, sixth barrel elevation sound, and seventh is language.

Comment

Many thanks `tank_me` for this info. I already have the wiring diagram image, which was useful for connecting-up and pin-outs etc. I also had sent to me, yesterday, the Hooben `Oliver` FS-i6S TX aux. and stick function assignments video. This was VERY useful and interesting as it appears to confirm that my brand-new FS-i6S TX is missing several control-stick (both LH & RH) multi-function assignmnts! Ie, the LH stick selection for smoker/s on/off is defo not working ( so not triggering the RC on/off switchs at the TK16) AND ALL the RH stick muti-functions for the TK16 set-up menu etc do not work either! Ha.....f,y,i all the Chinese voice-prompts still work!......just can understand em! I`ve been asked to send a video to Hooben, now done, to " show their engineers" to help get a `speedy` fix for all of this, we`ll see eh! Once again, thanks so much for your help. Chris-R

Comment

Many thanks `tank_me` for this info. I already have the wiring diagram image, which was useful for connecting-up and pin-outs etc. I also had sent to me, yesterday, the Hooben `Oliver` FS-i6S TX aux. and stick function assignments video. This was VERY useful and interesting as it appears to confirm that my brand-new FS-i6S TX is missing several control-stick (both LH & RH) multi-function assignmnts! Ie, the LH stick selection for smoker/s on/off is defo not working ( so not triggering the RC on/off switchs at the TK16) AND ALL the RH stick muti-functions for the TK16 set-up menu etc do not work either! Ha.....f,y,i all the Chinese voice-prompts still work!......just can understand em! I`ve been asked to send a video to Hooben, now done, to " show their engineers" to help get a `speedy` fix for all of this, we`ll see eh! Once again, thanks so much for your help. Chris-R
                  Contact RichJohnson here on this forum. He has both the Hooben Merkava and new Leopard 1. I know for sure his Leopard 1 came with the same radio as you received. He might have some more insight into its operations.

He also has a lot of insight and experience with the many issues you will find with the Hooben Merkava and I sure he would be very willing to walk you through correcting the issues.

Comment

I received the TK26 as well in my Hooben leopard 1a5. It is better than the really crappy system they included in my Merkava a couple years ago, it every time the track jammed and stalled the leopard would go into a full speed right and reverse turn out of control until I chased it down and shut it off. The leopard had a design issue where the track jammed and locked up easily.

I suggest you go read my saga with the hooben Merkava before you start driving yours and breaking it. And they break very easily.
                    I have been making many repairs and changes over the last year and a half I have owned it.

first take it completely apart gently and add braces in the hull like I did with bondo.
                    then do it to the turret, I did not and it sagged and deformed and I regretted it. Use brass or plexiglass cut to fit and bondo to adhere it and make it strong. If you don’t the turret will deform.
                    Nextt remove all the wheel screws and put expoxy resin in the cavity where the axle nut is it’s not needed and a weak point where the axle breaks off. Every one of mine did and the first one did in the first 15 feet of driving.
                    then you can add bearings to all the wheels.
                    then split the idler wheels apart and put a 2mm spacer in between them to stop detracting issues.
                    Teh take the transmissions out and replace all the ball bearings with quality ones. Both my merkava and my hooben leopard 1a5 many bearings just fell apart resulting in gear tooth chipping and gear shaft shearing and breaking off.
                    Also, take RTV black automotive gasket maker and smear it into the back side of all the side skirts inbetween the top edge of the armor plate and the mounded hinge and the mounting pins. This will save you later as the connection is very small and they break easily as all of mine have. I have also had to drill and screw mine to the hull because they just kept falling off out of the mount holes.
                    Also make sure you keep your track tensioned. Once it stretches and gets loose it will detract turning and it will wrap around the sprocket and jam when trying to back up.
                    the hooben merk4m is a beautifull tank but is very fragile. However with my modifications I can drive it and I drive it hard now.
                    Oh also, there is a flap of flat armor on the back of the top of the main gun, cut it off at its mounded seam and then put tape under it to hold it on so it can move which the gun and it makes taking the turret apart easy. Otherwise it causes binding when elevating the gun and it makes getting the turret apart impossible.
                    That is everything off the top of my head from memory. I was just working on metal idler arms last night infact.
                    Here is my hooben Merkava saga. I suggest you read it all and take my modifications and do them or your tank will likely not survive long operationally.
                    RC Tanks - Hooben Merkeva 4M has arrived - Honestly Rich, sounds like reinventing the wheel, basically scratch build the model correctly and add the 'models' detail skin and bits over it The initial release T55A from Hooben that I modeled almost went that way for sure
                    RC tank parts and accessories I make
                    www.RichardSJohnson.net/id28.html

Comment

So the beginning part of the video should help you with the radio setup. On the FS-i6S radio, only channels 1-4 are programmed from the factory. Channels 5-10 usually have to be set by the user. Those 5-10 channels are the "Aux channels" and need to be setup in that menu according to what the guy in the vid showed. It may be that yours are not setup properly. If you look closely at the radio face by the buttons, there are little embossed letters next to each switch. The are hard to see.

Radio settings:

Channel 5 should be set to SWD (switch D)
                      Channel 6 should be set to SWA (switch A)
                      Channel 7 should be set to VRB (variable resistor B)
                      Channel 8 should be set to SWB (switch B)
                      Channel 9 is not assigned
                      Channel 10 is not assigned

Also, verify that turret controls are on the left and motor control on the right. If it is not set up that way, then the mode may need to be changed.

Comment

Hi, Rubicon99,Richjohnson, tank_me, many thanks for all your input and advice (it also helps to sound off with other folk with similar issues!)
                        #1 - Rubicon99, thanks for the direction to Richjohnsons post/s, but he ended up messaging me, with giga-list of what to look out for! Jeez, I`ve only had it 2-3 weeks, not even put the accessories on it yet, so not worrying at all, HA! (I`ll post about its fragility etc later, when I`ve got it to run/function first!) #2 - tank_me, I have had no probs with re-assigning all the AUX switches and they work fine now ;)

Breaking news.....I have now, with a lot of messing with the Chinese voice prompts and RH stick controller managed to set it to, wiat for it........ENGLISH!!! Yay, Oh joy, just to understand it all now :0 Great fun playing with all the sounds etc.
                        NOW, to sort out the, ONE remaining RC-Controler issue........ getting the LH RX stick-function to opperate the, currently in-op, tank smoker on/off function?? F,Y,I the `responce` from Hooben, to the 5 min. video I was asked to send them yesterday, amounted to, would beleive it, a single photo, with a one-liner text, of the cammanders turret hatch, open, showing the turret smoker switch, in the ON, asking me was mine ON?..........you think! (B,T,W, I always have it to ON, to me, when the gun fires it always smokes)

So, despite Hoobens, lack-luster `assistance` so far, I`ll just have to carry on with control-stick settings etc, now that I can UNDERSTAND all the voice promts, and see where it leads me!

I`m thinking now, that it`s maybe a smoker wiring/connection issue from the TK16 board and/or the installed TX controlled RC on/off switches? (If so, that`ll be Hoobens cock-up, me thinks!)

Perhaps, A photo of the TK16 wiring output connections (a-la-Hooben) could help in a number of ways?

Once again, thanks guys, much appreciated, Chris-R.

Comment

Working...
                        X