Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rob1970
    replied
    So, you have fun outside in the sun and fresh air, -and- you end up with a healthy salad. I call that a win-win situation!

Leave a comment:

• oldwolf
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	B66192D6-4E21-4E38-8A85-DECEDD2BFD1E.jpeg
Views:	498
Size:	165.8 KB
ID:	318055 Fifteen minutes playing in the grass and ground cover followed by 30 minutes on the work bench cleaning yields the above harvest from my Challenger 2's tracks, sprockets, idlers and road wheels!

Leave a comment:

• SoCalBobS
    replied
    Soane, an easy way to do tracks is to spray them with a matte light brown paint, like ModelMasters Light Earth. Any similar paint will do, even hardware store paint if it’s matte. Advantage over mud is permanance. After you’ve painted, step two is as you noted, run it around asphalt or concrete. Of course, you can run into mud later anyway, that’s a tanks “happy place”. Here’s that method on metal PzKpfw IV and plastic M4 Sherman tracks. The black M4 tracks were sprayed silver first, then brown.

Name:	E1522E8F-2B1E-4FA2-8D5C-9BE645D067D4.jpeg
Views:	570
Size:	148.8 KB
ID:	317623

Leave a comment:

• SoCalBobS
    replied
    Originally posted by DavidN View Post
    So cool looking, even thought it is the desert :-) Nice palm trees! Are they decals or you painted them on?
    Thanks! The markings are decals from “Star Decals”, from Sweden.

Leave a comment:

• Soane
    replied
    Just a couple of my Heng Long Tiger 1 coming along nicely, slight dry brushing using Tamiya Weathering Master kits, once I’m happy I’ll probably go over those areas again using paint, then a sealing layer of Matt lacquer. The next item on my list are the tracks, I was planning on running the tank through a layer of mud, back onto asphalt to clean the high spots and then just leave them.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• DavidN
    replied
    So cool looking, even thought it is the desert :-) Nice palm trees! Are they decals or you painted them on?

Leave a comment:

• Rob1970
    replied
    Originally posted by SoCalBobS View Post
    Finished my DAK Panzer 1A, the Takom kit motorized and radio controlled with Heng Long 1:30 components. I wish I had a Kubelwagen to pose next to it, it’s tiny!
    Woah, that's nice!!!

Leave a comment:

• SoCalBobS
    replied
    Finished my DAK Panzer 1A, the Takom kit motorized and radio controlled with Heng Long 1:30 components. I wish I had a Kubelwagen to pose next to it, it’s tiny!

Name:	0723D050-53CB-4602-82DA-FE17B63DAE15.jpeg
Views:	870
Size:	217.7 KB
ID:	317373

Name:	0268EF17-5885-4050-B34C-B54BEE820D16.jpeg
Views:	837
Size:	276.7 KB
ID:	317374

Name:	7985046E-2AAC-4A89-9A93-84A149D30AEF.jpeg
Views:	846
Size:	210.4 KB
ID:	317377

Name:	393C2BDE-E291-4E70-A480-EAD50DC316ED.jpeg
Views:	863
Size:	258.9 KB
ID:	317376

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• BluesDragon
    replied
    Nothin special... just playin with the Abrams in the back yard..

Leave a comment:

• Rob1970
    replied
    SWMBO; "Uhm... is it me, or did your -one- tank slowly turn into about one-and-a-halve tank over the course of a week?"

Me; "Must be you, sweetie..."

Click image for larger version  Name:	TankStuffPocalypse.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	130.9 KB ID:	317276

Back on the left a .50cal ammo box that will become my charger box/LiPo safe. Awesome deal from Varusteleka . Ordered on a sunday, delivered on a Teusday. From FINLAND TO THE NETHERLANDS!!!! That delivery guy must have taken ALL the meth...

Next to that some ammo... should last me a while. Next to that a nice bunch of chemicals to glue ABS, assorted connectors, wire and tools. My trusty soldering schtick. Next row; "Suspect #1", my Sherman. Next to that my spare hull, and a spare turret (Thank you, Forgebear!) and a load of ABS stock for alterations. And in front of it all the armoury. .30cal, .50cal barrel, metal engine grills, my Voltage Alarm thingamabob, a metal horn with cover, various plastic spare covers, and a metal .50cal...

Think I have enough stuff for now? You'd think so, but I still have some stuff coming in. The complete plastic accessory set for starters. And still looking for a Firefly barrel and eying some metal commander and loader hatches.... Yeah.... this is gonna be fun.

TTFN
    Rob

Leave a comment:

• SoCalBobS
    replied
    I put up a youtube clip of my collection of WW2 German tanks, from the PzKpfw 1A to the PzKpfw Tiger 2.

Leave a comment:

• Rubicon99
    replied
    Finished weathering one of my Tamiya M26 Pershing tanks.

Name:	AF835954-5F58-414A-89C8-7F73C5B4E968.jpeg
Views:	556
Size:	358.5 KB
ID:	313789Click image for larger version

Name:	CC6D39C4-CB9A-4ACD-8EA7-2242B6ED769F.jpeg
Views:	541
Size:	352.1 KB
ID:	313790

Leave a comment:

• SoCalBobS
    replied
    My recent project, details in my panzer 1B thread. 1:16 Panzer 1 B by Takom, running gear from a Heng Long 1:30 M4 Sherman.

Name:	IMG_E1464.JPG
Views:	595
Size:	336.3 KB
ID:	312901

Name:	IMG_E1465.JPG
Views:	552
Size:	370.5 KB
ID:	312902

Name:	IMG_E1463.JPG
Views:	547
Size:	390.0 KB
ID:	312903

Name:	IMG_E1466.JPG
Views:	557
Size:	369.5 KB
ID:	312904

Leave a comment:

• Delta_19
    replied
    Oh hey look the tiger has a friend now.

Leave a comment:

• Zippersnapper
    replied
    Originally posted by RichJohnson View Post
    Both Henglong and Taigne make VVSS suspension which is the narrow track. But I’m sure you meant HVSS which is the wide track ala an EZ8.
    I would not hold my breath. Neither cares to produce hvss as their current products sell quite well.
    Finding an old Tamiya Sherman and overhauling it is still a viable option, and the hooben is not a totally bad tank, it just can’t be driven hard as is.
    Thank you sir, yes I meant HVSS...All I want to do is build a Fury...Crap

Leave a comment:

• UltraVargen
    replied
    Originally posted by Delta_19 View Post
    Well I'm gonna say this tigers done
    Digging it! And the zimmerit really turned out great!

Leave a comment:

• Delta_19
    replied
    Well I'm gonna say this tigers done

Leave a comment:

• RichJohnson
    replied
    Both Henglong and Taigne make VVSS suspension which is the narrow track. But I’m sure you meant HVSS which is the wide track ala an EZ8.
    I would not hold my breath. Neither cares to produce hvss as their current products sell quite well.
    Finding an old Tamiya Sherman and overhauling it is still a viable option, and the hooben is not a totally bad tank, it just can’t be driven hard as is.

Leave a comment:

• Zippersnapper
    replied
    Originally posted by RichJohnson View Post

It’s not a matter of being wealthy, which I am not. I focus almost entirely on Sherman tanks. I have owned every Sherman made in 1/16 and tried nearly every aftermarket option. I just do it slowly on a budget. I like to build more than anything. I have no out of the box tanks save a stock Tamiya Sherman my son drives, my first completed build. I just kept a few hundred bucks in hand and bought used tanks wherever I could and fixed them up for my projects because I never needed the whole tank, just the chassis and occasionally the turret. Of all my tanks, I think I have only bought 3 new and two were used as builds to sell lol.
    Didn't mean any disrespect for sure.
    It's quite alright to be "Rich"...my last name is Rich, and I'm far from it. I merely said that because I know the 2 brands fetch top dollar....and I applaud you sir. I only wish: 1. I could afford either one or 2. Henglong or Tiegen would make a VVSS suspension on one of thier Sherman's for obvious reasons.

Leave a comment:

• RichJohnson
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippersnapper View Post

Damn. You really are "Rich" Johnson....

Sweet tanks for sure...
    It’s not a matter of being wealthy, which I am not. I focus almost entirely on Sherman tanks. I have owned every Sherman made in 1/16 and tried nearly every aftermarket option. I just do it slowly on a budget. I like to build more than anything. I have no out of the box tanks save a stock Tamiya Sherman my son drives, my first completed build. I just kept a few hundred bucks in hand and bought used tanks wherever I could and fixed them up for my projects because I never needed the whole tank, just the chassis and occasionally the turret. Of all my tanks, I think I have only bought 3 new and two were used as builds to sell lol.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X