X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HDMM View Post

And yours plug right into the HL plug in the turret?
    The stock Heng Long "turret" plug is a 3 wire JST-XH. This "Heng Long compatible" unit requires 2 extra wires for power and by using a 5 pin JST-XH plug is one way to do the install but using other methods would work as well.

This is the main thread that describes the unit and initial testing. My install for the HL Sherman is shown on post #51 of this thread.
    https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/rc...r-test-results

Comment

Sorry slightly off topic but can any of the experienced IR battlers give me an idea of the best place to have the IR emitter. My first thoughts was to fit in the end of the barrel but that will stop me having a flash LED in it, I can use the redundant LED holder in the mantle but not sure if that’s the next best place?

Comment

Originally posted by Arcright View Post
        Sorry slightly off topic but can any of the experienced IR battlers give me an idea of the best place to have the IR emitter. My first thoughts was to fit in the end of the barrel but that will stop me having a flash LED in it, I can use the redundant LED holder in the mantle but not sure if that’s the next best place?
        There is no one “best place” for the emitter. Like many others I have some of mine in the barrels and some in the mantle. I prefer the barrel for my more heavily used battling tanks as it has a the sole advantage of be able to poke through brush or window/whole while enabling the receiver to be covered and thus making the tank very hard to hit (yes it is a fair “sniper like” tactic used by many). Other then this occasionally used tactic there is no huge advantage for a barrel emitter over a mantle emitter.

The one MUST is to ensure that the emitter can move up and down. Quite often it is necessary to adjust aim for different terrain and types of tanks because the location of their receivers could require aiming higher or lower to score hits on them.

Comment

Ok thanks better give it some thought as where we intend to run has a lot of soft cover

Comment

Originally posted by HDMM View Post

And yours plug right into the HL plug in the turret?
            It is plug and play electronics wise. I have now included 5 Dupont connectors that are already separated and plug directly into the control board, so from an electronics perspective you don't have to mess with any wire splicing or connector crimping yourself as the earlier orders did. The physical mounting is up to the user and requires enlarging the 3 pin connector hole to accommodate 5 pins.

Comment

Originally posted by LegoDEI View Post

It is plug and play electronics wise. I have now included 5 Dupont connectors that are already separated and plug directly into the control board, so from an electronics perspective you don't have to mess with any wire splicing or connector crimping yourself as the earlier orders did. The physical mounting is up to the user and requires enlarging the 3 pin connector hole to accommodate 5 pins.
              Good to know you're always improving this sensor. I'm going to need a few more when the next tank shipment arrives.

Comment

Bump because I have been receiving a few question about this topic now that the next tank shipment is due in any day now.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubicon99 View Post
                  Bump because I have been receiving a few question about this topic now that the next tank shipment is due in any day now.
                  NEW TANK SHIPMENT!!!

Comment

Originally posted by LegoDEI View Post

Sent you a PM regarding these.....

Comment

Bump

Comment

Does anyone make the shades for the Heng Long recievers? Would like to order one.

Comment

I can print a set for you. They'd be the ones alpha designed. $10+shipping. The improvement however isn't very impressive, with dodgy reception at even only 35 feet. Rubicon did some testing if you haven't already seen this thread: https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/rc...r-test-results . The aftermarket receiver that's now available works out to 75 feet as tested - perhaps a more worthwhile upgrade.

Comment

Bump

Comment

Yes I would like two. I did get the other one but the picture showed a 5 plug and I got six individual plugs with know idea on how to install. Have HL pro T34.

Comment

I would suggest looking at the tutorial and reference pictures posted in the other thread, and if you still have questions about wiring, then please ask away.

Comment

Is there a specific height the reciever has to be on the tanks Measured from the turret to the top of the reciever . Not talking about stock Heng Long reciever but the one mentioned earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by William Fraden View Post
                                    Is there a specific height the reciever has to be on the tanks Measured from the turret to the top of the reciever . Not talking about stock Heng Long reciever but the one mentioned earlier.
                                    Just high enough that it is not overly obscured or hidden behind turret obstructions. Unlike other IR receivers the LegoDEI uses four IR receiver bulbs not just one. This enables them to receive hits more reliably then the stock HL or in some case event the higher priced Tamiya IR receivers.

Comment

Lego that really does not help me. the picture I've seen has a 5 plug holder and it was a fairly simple set-up. But what I recieved for a wiring harness is nothing like what I've seen in pictures anywhere on HobbySquawk. I guess I have something I can't use . I'll just use the stock HL unit.

Comment

Originally posted by William Fraden View Post
                                        Lego that really does not help me. the picture I've seen has a 5 plug holder and it was a fairly simple set-up. But what I recieved for a wiring harness is nothing like what I've seen in pictures anywhere on HobbySquawk. I guess I have something I can't use . I'll just use the stock HL unit.
                                        Please post some photos so we can see what you are talking about. Installing the LegoDEI receiver is not hard and if we could see your issue we can all help.

Comment

These are pictures of the 5 pin 5 wire harness I received with my LegoDEI receiver. I didn't use the 5wire harness that came with my receiver as I had made my own but this is how you would use it for hooking up your receiver.
                                          Doesn't matter what the colors are other than to use them to make sure the polarity is correct between the receiver and the sockets in the MFU.

Click image for larger version  Name:	LegoDEI_Wiring_01.jpg Views:	0 Size:	77.6 KB ID:	257993

Click image for larger version  Name:	LegoDEI_Wiring_02.jpg Views:	0 Size:	143.0 KB ID:	257994

Click image for larger version  Name:	LegoDEI_Wiring_03.jpg Views:	0 Size:	99.3 KB ID:	257995

Comment

Working...
                                          X