Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rubicon: Have you standardized your IR emitters? I use a 1/4" OD brass tube and make it 16mm long and have set the emitter back 8mm, I think that is what was mentioned for the other clubs battling, then I also cut a plug for the emitter end and drilled a #40 hole in the plug which is what the HL emitter hole is. Was wondering what you did when you tested the new IR set ups and if you messed with the HL emitter set up? I haven't had a chance to test this outside we still have a few inches of snow. Brrrrrrrr
    Thanks for your input!

Comment

Originally posted by Vaseline View Post
      Rubicon: Have you standardized your IR emitters? I use a 1/4" OD brass tube and make it 16mm long and have set the emitter back 8mm, I think that is what was mentioned for the other clubs battling, then I also cut a plug for the emitter end and drilled a #40 hole in the plug which is what the HL emitter hole is. Was wondering what you did when you tested the new IR set ups and if you messed with the HL emitter set up? I haven't had a chance to test this outside we still have a few inches of snow. Brrrrrrrr
      Thanks for your input!
      All testing was done with a combination of tank bulb set ups from stock 6.0 Heng Long and Tamiya to club “modified” 8mm bulb “set backs”. We used stock 6.0 Heng Long, Tamiya and high output bulbs to ensure the widest range of test results and I only officially published the lowest result numbers which exceeded the basic expectations of 75ft in bright sunlight.

The set back required by the “big clubs” is to reduce the “shotgun/cone” effect of the IR bulbs. Adding a tube of the ~ diameter of the bulb also further helps reduce the effect.

To answer if I standardize mine? Yes and No. I have some that are set up to meet the “big club” requirements, some that mostly meet the requirements, and some bone stock. I use all of them in our local club (LA and San Diego) battling and find none to have an advantage over others players.

More IMPORTANT for others playing in a battle with you is that your tank receive hits on par with those equipped with Tamiya IR receivers. Nothing will upset others faster then a tank that does not receive hits on an even level with theirs.

Comment

Bumping this to the top. I'm doing this mode now.

Comment

Working...
        X