Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heng long King Tiger problem

Hi
    i have had my Heng long King Tiger professional addition since early April. Its had about 6 batteries through it. Today about 2 mins into a run it stopped. I had to disconnect the battery and then it started up. But it only ran for about 10 seconds. I checked the charge and it was at 72%. I topped up the charge and again it ran for about 10 seconds. Now when i switch on the light on the front flashes when i press the start button the light goes off until i release it then it comes back on flashing but nothing from the tank. Battery is at 92%. Any ideas?

Originally posted by andywynn View Post
    Hi
    i have had my Heng long King Tiger professional addition since early April. Its had about 6 batteries through it. Today about 2 mins into a run it stopped. I had to disconnect the battery and then it started up. But it only ran for about 10 seconds. I checked the charge and it was at 72%. I topped up the charge and again it ran for about 10 seconds. Now when i switch on the light on the front flashes when i press the start button the light goes off until i release it then it comes back on flashing but nothing from the tank. Battery is at 92%. Any ideas?
    Is this a 6.0 version? Is the battery the stock one that came with the tank? Are the TX batteries fresh?

Comment

Thanks for the reply. The battery is the standard one that comes with the tank the 7.4v 1800 lipo. The TX batts we fresh 6 runs ago and i think its the 6.0 version it has the stickers underneath as per pic.
      thanks

Comment

I had a similar issue with my King Tiger. It would shut itself off after a short period of use. It turned out to be a faulty main power switch. If anything even lightly brushed against the switch while it was running, like contacting some grass or a leaf, it would shut off. Try turning your tank on, and touching the switch lightly, and see if it shuts off. I replaced the switch, and had no further trouble out of it.

Comment

Its not a switch issue as power is getting to the tank as the light on the front flashes. When you press engine start this goes out the comes back on flashing when you release it.

Comment

Its not a switch issue as power is getting to the tank as the light on the front flashes. When you press engine start this goes out the comes back on flashing when you release it.
            Try a different battery. The stock battery is junk and even though it may read as fully charged it often is not or it it producing to little volts. The start up takes a lot of power because the smoke system is a power hog and it fires up when you press the “start” button. You have the 6.0S which is the “higher power” smoke system so it can be a worse power drain.

If the MFU does not see enough volts it will shut down the tank at start up or while running.

Give another battery a try and see what happens.

Comment

Ok great. Many thanks. I ll rig up a lead as the only other 7.4 batt has a XT60 connector. Jesus these things are nearly as complicated as my comp arf euro !!!!

Comment

Ok great. Many thanks. I ll rig up a lead as the only other 7.4 batt has a XT60 connector. Jesus these things are nearly as complicated as my comp arf euro !!!!
                They really are not to complicated once you tinker with them a little. They only seem that way at first....

Comment

Really impressed with Motion RC. E-mail them with the problem. Couple of questions me with answers new battery on its way FOC. Hope it cures the issue but cant fault the response. Well done Mition RC 👍👍👍

Comment

Is there a recognised battery replacement that can be charged with a standard hi end lipo charger that fits the tank? Would love 3 or 4 of them so i can take away and charge in the field.

Comment

Is there a recognised battery replacement that can be charged with a standard hi end lipo charger that fits the tank? Would love 3 or 4 of them so i can take away and charge in the field.
                      This is the 7000 mAh badboy we're waiting on,,,hopefully it's arriving in the next couple days!
                      https://www.motionrc.com/collections...miya-connector

The Admiral 3500mAh is also a huge upgrade from the stock battery.
                      https://www.motionrc.com/collections...ry_type=Li-ion

Comment

andywynn We produce two "Upgrade" batteries, the Admiral 2s 3500mAh and the Admiral 2s 7000mAh, which are made from high end Japanese cells. They both fit the King Tiger's stock battery bay without modification, and provide a significant increase in capacity compared to the stock Heng Long 2s 1800mAh battery.

We should be receiving more soon; in the meantime please consider submitting your email to the Restock Notification list on the product page.

The batteries can be found near the bottom of the tank's spare parts tab, EDIT that Beeg listed above a second ago!
                        ​​

Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

I just received my Admiral 3500mah battery and HL T-72, with the tiny battery compartment. I can confirm it fits, even with the monster Tamiya connectors. Once I'm confident in the tank I will probably replace the connectors with either T or XT-60's. I'm charging them as I type with a SkyRC charger, bought here at Motion!

As an aside, I can also confirm the included battery came dead out of the box, I'm charging that one too on my charger to see if it holds a charge.
                          Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha View Post
                            andywynn We produce two "Upgrade" batteries, the Admiral 2s 3500mAh and the Admiral 2s 7000mAh, which are made from high end Japanese cells. They both fit the King Tiger's stock battery bay without modification, and provide a significant increase in capacity compared to the stock Heng Long 2s 1800mAh battery.

We should be receiving more soon; in the meantime please consider submitting your email to the Restock Notification list on the product page.

The batteries can be found near the bottom of the tank's spare parts tab, EDIT that Beeg listed above a second ago!
                            ​​
                            HI Alpha can you supply to the UK? Sounds perfect to me if they can be charged off a normal 12v lipo charger 👍

Comment

HI Alpha can you supply to the UK? Sounds perfect to me if they can be charged off a normal 12v lipo charger 👍
                              I think MotionRC EU would be able to fix you up.
                              At Motion RC Europe we carry the largest selection of electric and gas powered radio control (RC) planes, boats, cars, helicopters, tanks, trucks, and much more. We also offer a huge selection of lipo batteries, chargers, ESCs, gas engines, motors, radios, and servos. Shop our lowest prices with free shipping.

Comment

Well I received my battery replacement from Motion RC and it hasn't fixed the problem. Are there any suggestions? I charged it using the supplied charger and the capacity went from 54% on arrival to 97% after charge yesterday. I got chance to try it today and it dropped to 80% but the result is exactly the same.

Thanks

Andy

Comment

Andy, I had the same problem you did when pushing the start button. The Sherman tank I bought from other than MotionRC wouldn't start the third time I wanted to run it since new. When turning it on the headlights flash like they are supposed to but when I pushed the start button it wouldn't start but the headlights would just continue to flash.
                                  I just bought a new transmitter (pretty cheap at $26USD), from MotionRC this time and that fixed the problem. It was just a broken transmitter and it was only used twice.. Not saying this is what's wrong with your tank but it solved my issue.

Comment

On my HL king tiger, I noticed that the metal tracks on both sides were wearing into the "skirting" on the fenders at the rear. The damage was becoming quite heavy, almost wearing right through the lower edge of the plastic skirting. The only thing I could think of to fix the problem was to trim away a bit of the lower edge of the skirting to give some clearance for the tracks. I trimmed away about two and a half inches of plastic forward of the idlers removing about a quarter inch of material from the lower edge. I doesn't hurt the appearance of the fenders too badly, considering that many of the real King Tigers had some of the skirting completely removed. Has anybody else experienced this problem ?

Comment

Originally posted by Cascabel View Post
                                      On my HL king tiger, I noticed that the metal tracks on both sides were wearing into the "skirting" on the fenders at the rear. The damage was becoming quite heavy, almost wearing right through the lower edge of the plastic skirting. The only thing I could think of to fix the problem was to trim away a bit of the lower edge of the skirting to give some clearance for the tracks. I trimmed away about two and a half inches of plastic forward of the idlers removing about a quarter inch of material from the lower edge. I doesn't hurt the appearance of the fenders too badly, considering that many of the real King Tigers had some of the skirting completely removed. Has anybody else experienced this problem ?
                                      Yes. But it was that the Idler wheel was not on the correct part of the track. There should be only a small gap between the lower hull and the track.

Comment

Originally posted by karltrek View Post

Yes. But it was that the Idler wheel was not on the correct part of the track. There should be only a small gap between the lower hull and the track.
                                        I dunno......It was the original Idler that came from the factory on the brand new tank.

Comment

Working...
                                        X