X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swing arm maintenance

Would anyone recommend wd40 or crc 5.56 to lubricate the springs in the swing arms to stop the corrosion Click image for larger version

Name:	20200523_100335.jpg
Views:	299
Size:	33.5 KB
ID:	256068

My personal favorite anti corrosion liquid is Corrosion-X. Lasts a lot longer than WD40. I use it on my tools, guns, electronics, outside padlocks, etc...

Comment

I wouldnt, you have to be very careful with lubricant compatability with plastic, WD-40 and most firearm lubricants have petroleum distillates that will destroy plastic. a dry lube like graphite, or 100% silicone would be a better alternative. make sure to paint before the silicone though otherwise youll get fisheye.

Comment

Originally posted by saunderspeter071@gmail.com View Post
        Would anyone recommend wd40 or crc 5.56 to lubricate the springs in the swing arms to stop the corrosion Click image for larger version  Name:	20200523_100335.jpg Views:	11 Size:	33.5 KB ID:	256068

The hulls are a rather tough polymer plastic similar to PVC and I have used all types of synthetic motor oils like Mobile 1 on them for years with no ill effects. Just use a light weight oil on the springs and call it good.

Comment

Really?! Thank you for that info Rubicon, I was operating under the assumption that they were ABS, which is adversely effected by petrolem products.

Comment

Originally posted by Vaseline View Post
            Really?! Thank you for that info Rubicon, I was operating under the assumption that they were ABS, which is adversely effected by petrolem products.
            I posted this in another thread after looking into "petroleum" based lubes on plastic and the webpage it references mainly just cautions against esters and polyalkylene glycol, whatever that is..

Hi guys should professional versions tanks with metal road wheels with bearings and suspension springs .i used my tank alot then it has sat for 14 days while i was on vacation and springs creeks a bit. Wheels them self turn very well but just creek when you depress the road wheels .it was very dry and bit dusty down Australia

Comment

Looks like it would be safer to just buy some spare springs and replace em when they corrode.

Comment

Working...
              X