X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Collapsed DSB

Disaster has struck, running the Abrams today started hearing a grinding sound, had a look and found the motor pinion gear had started stripping. ​ Pulled the sprocket and found this mess

My main problem is how are the gears held onto the motor shaft. I have a few spare gears but I am not sure how they are held on

Comment

Originally posted by saunderspeter071@gmail.com View Post
      Disaster has struck, running the Abrams today started hearing a grinding sound, had a look and found the motor pinion gear had started stripping. ​ Pulled the sprocket and found this mess
      OK, I give up......What do you mean by "DSB" ??

Comment

Sorry driveshaft bearing.

Comment

Hello, I am purchasing my first R/C and waiting for the HL Pro-Edition M1A2 to come in. Besides the DSB shredding, is there any other issues you've experienced with the M1? Is this a normal thing to happen and is there anything to prevent this or any other show stoppers?

Comment

Originally posted by Hellcat 7 View Post
            Hello, I am purchasing my first R/C and waiting for the HL Pro-Edition M1A2 to come in. Besides the DSB shredding, is there any other issues you've experienced with the M1? Is this a normal thing to happen and is there anything to prevent this or any other show stoppers?
            Driveshaft bearings are actually an upgrade item (and a great one to look into, at that! on some of my bone-stock tanks it's the only non-stock item I have).

This is an unfortunate happening that Sappo experienced, but given some others have seen it the general consensus is that maybe better grease application is the ticket. Otherwise, you probably don't have to worry about this just happening - it usually seems to occur after the tank is run rough through especially challenging terrains. Just keep an eye on it.

And also remember that these are larger RC vehicles with lots of modular internal parts - there's no single failure that will decommission your vehicle permanently (any catastrophic events like this are so rare as to be nearly unheard of), but because of their complexity things do break! Replacing them is easy though, as there's a healthy spare / upgrade parts market and a lot of community knowledge about maintaining our miniature beasts. Try not to stress too much ^^

Comment

Tango Mike for the reply to my post. Much appreciative.

Comment

Hellcat 7 apart from that one big failure I don't have any issues with the Abrams, it's just a 5.3 version so it's not as good as the 6.o or 6.1 is but it has handled everything that I've thrown at it and I don't really drive it nicely. The main conversion I've done is replacing the motors and gearboxes and waterproofed the mfu,and modified top hull to the magnet system.

Comment

Originally posted by Sappo View Post
                  Hellcat 7 apart from that one big failure I don't have any issues with the Abrams, it's just a 5.3 version so it's not as good as the 6.o or 6.1 is but it has handled everything that I've thrown at it and I don't really drive it nicely. The main conversion I've done is replacing the motors and gearboxes and waterproofed the mfu,and modified top hull to the magnet system.
                  Thanks for the input. When waterproofing the MFU did you DIY or bought a waterproof housing for it?

Comment

DIY, used nail polish, just pulled the mfu apart and coated it with the nail polish, have had the hull submerged with no problems. However please don't take this as an infallible technique cause there is always the chance of the polish breaking down over time.

Comment

Working...
                    X