X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with wiring.......

I'm still in the process of upgrading my King Tiger to 6.0, and I am having trouble getting some of the wiring hooked up properly. Can somebody offer assistance ? In the wiring diagram, one plug location (CN6) is marked "trigger". Can somebody tell me which wires are to be plugged into that location ? I think it may have to do with track recoil from experimenting a bit. I also cannot get the airsoft gun to fire. When I push the buttons, the motor in the airsoft unit spins, but the gun does not fire. Is something not connected properly ? The tank has the slip ring unit for the wires not to get twisted, and I still have a couple of them that I can't figure out where they go. I have a male and female plug that look like they can plug together. They both have a yellow and a green wire, but I can't figure out what to do with them. There are also a couple of three wire plugs that I don't know what to do with. Everything is working properly except for the airsoft gun. Somebody on this forum must be a wiring Guru that has done this conversion in the past and may be able to enlighten me. I don't have any friends that know about these tanks that can help me.
    Last edited by Cascabel; Sep 9, 2020, 02:07 PM. Reason: spelling error

It turns out that lots of parts for doing the 6.0 upgrades are available, but unfortunately very little useful information about how to actually do it is out there, so I have been stumbling around in the dark trying to learn what goes where as I go. So far, I have made good progress and have not fried any circuits, but I wish some experienced electronic guys would chime in. The parts sellers on ebay are not much help because of the language barrier. I got lucky and found out a little bit on another forum.

Comment

CN6 is your recoil switch on the back of the airsoft unit. When the firing mechanism pulls all the way back, the plunger will "trigger" the switch creating the gun sound and track recoil. Plug the recoil switch into CN6, with the tank running try closing the switch manually with your finger/pencil/ stick/etc. It should make all the right sounds and the tracks will recoil. If the unit spins but does not fire, it could be that the airsoft unit has stripped or the motor has pulled out of the unit and the gears are not meshing. Could the spare wires be for the IR receiver and emitter, (found on the the 6.0/6.1 but not on the the 5.3 or earlier)? 2 wires for the emitter, 3 for the receiver.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3567.JPG
Views:	164
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	274176

Comment

Thanks for your reply !! After many attempts to resolve this, I finally determined that the firing mechanism is not moving the plunger and is most likely stripped, and that is why the motor is spinning but the gun is not firing. I ordered a replacement unit. I wish I had known earlier how this unit is supposed to work, but could find no good info online. As for the extra wires, I found out from another source that the slip ring unit for the 6.o version is different, and is wired differently, so I ordered a replacement slip ring. Things should get resolved when the parts arrive. This may be a common modification, and I wish better info was available before I got into this. It would have made things a lot easier !! Perhaps a good tutorial on doing the upgrade to 6.0/6.1 could be posted on this site as a "sticky" to help others that want to upgrade their tanks. The parts sellers don't seem to offer complete upgrade kits at the moment, so its all guess work about exactly what parts to order.

Comment

I was in the middle of trying to put a 360 turret in a M26 v5.3. Right before I started to take it apart I took it for a test drive.What a junker!! I have dozen tanks all v6.0 except my Stug3. After taking it for a spin I decided it was worth adding the 360. So I think it would be a fun idea to upgrade to v6.0.

I think you idea of a tutorial or at least a post on upgrade do's & don'ts would be a great idea. I hope this thread could get some traction. I heard somewhere on another tank forum that Forgebear hobby in the UK would possibly oh put a complete version upgrade kit together if you just let them know what you have and what you want to do. I think they said the costs was around 100euros and it comes with instructions. I might look into that if I decide to upgrade the M26.

Comment

Working...
          X