X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to eliminate airsoft shooting

I have noted many tankers saying they eliminated airsoft shooting capacity in favor of solely IR function. In some cases the IR emitter was relocated into the barrel. I’m interested in how these modifications were done in Heng Long tanks.

The physical airsoft unit has to remain, to retain the capability to elevate the barrel. That I understand. It also seems that the cocking and firing system - the cocking motor and firing trigger - needs to be kept in order to allow a “shot” that activates the IR emitter, gun shot noise and recoil.

I would love to hear how others have accomplished this modification!

Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Originally posted by SoCalBobS View Post
    I have noted many tankers saying they eliminated airsoft shooting capacity in favor of solely IR function. In some cases the IR emitter was relocated into the barrel. I’m interested in how these modifications were done in Heng Long tanks.

The physical airsoft unit has to remain, to retain the capability to elevate the barrel. That I understand. It also seems that the cocking and firing system - the cocking motor and firing trigger - needs to be kept in order to allow a “shot” that activates the IR emitter, gun shot noise and recoil.

I would love to hear how others have accomplished this modification!
    All though I am very new to RC Tanks I have watched a lot of ideas on youtube and read a lot of forums. Stanley Legion has an example on youtube on how to install cannon smoke and light flash for HL v6.0/6.1. I'm pretty sure you can put the IR emitter in lieu of the light.

Comment

All of my tanks are converted to IR. Our club, FRAG RC Tank Club, has specific rules about how to place the emitter in the barrel. So, all airsoft units are gutted. Some people even cut the motor housing from the bottom to create more room in the hull. You do not need to keep the recoil switch. You need to short the existing wires for the recoil or build a small jumper, (see the photos below: one is in my M36 build (green jumper), the other is in a Pershing (yellow jumper): I also shorted the new on/off switch because I was too lazy to rewire the inline switch on the battery).
      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2565.jpeg
Views:	471
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	276594Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3678.JPG
Views:	415
Size:	89.1 KB
ID:	276595

Comment

BcuriousR, thanks for responding! To clarify my cloudy mind, on the 6.0 board (I'm using a 6.0S, I think the relevant circuits are the same):

1: You disconnected the recoil motor (CN10 BB Launch System) circuit.
        2: You jumped the CN6 Trigger circuit.
        3: You placed the IR Emitter in the barrel.

Anything else?

So, when you take a shot:

4. Is there no delay since the the recoil motor doesn't run?
        5. Is there still a gun shot noise? Is it immediate, since the trigger circuit is jumped?
        6. Is there still a tank recoil?

Thanks in advance!

Comment

BcuriousR; Never mind! In the true tradition of "what's this big red button do", with a wince and a cringe, I jumped the circuit. Works like a charm! To others reading this thread, the answers to 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 & 6 are all yes.

Comment

Yup. I usually just gut them and bag the parts. So, if in some distant future I decide to re-BB them, I can.

Comment

Just tried this mod on my StuG III. Works great!

Comment

Working...
              X