X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KV-1 Track Adjustment??

Does anyone have an idea how to adjust tracks on a H/L KV-1? I thought there was an adjustment similar to the M1A1 but its only for show. I can't figure out how to tighten the metal tracks. I don't recall them being that loose so they seemed to have stretched some but there metal, so I might be crazy. I tried taking a link out but then it's so tight I'm afraid of busting something trying to put them back on. I looked into maybe buying a Henntec setup but they don't make one for the KV-1. Anyway, does someone have an idea. Several of my other tanks there are tension adjustments, I just can't find one on my beautiful KV-1.

Originally posted by Olddowl53 View Post
    Does anyone have an idea how to adjust tracks on a H/L KV-1? I thought there was an adjustment similar to the M1A1 but its only for show. I can't figure out how to tighten the metal tracks. I don't recall them being that loose so they seemed to have stretched some but there metal, so I might be crazy. I tried taking a link out but then it's so tight I'm afraid of busting something trying to put them back on. I looked into maybe buying a Henntec setup but they don't make one for the KV-1. Anyway, does someone have an idea. Several of my other tanks there are tension adjustments, I just can't find one on my beautiful KV-1.
    The HL KV1 does not have a track tensioner. You should be able to pull one link from each side and easily re-install the tracks. This will tighten the track just a bit yet it will still have some slack. Just like the real KV1 which ran with rather loose tracks so should the HL KV1.

Just so you are aware there is a technique to putting the tracks on the HL KV1. The KV upper hull should be removed and the sprocket halves separated with the inner half remaining on the axel. Once done this makes getting the tracks on much easier. You will need to maneuver the track around the sprocket half that is still attached to the tank and then while the track is on that half re-install the outer sprocket half.

Its not hard, but it is a more time consuming process then some other tanks.

Comment

Olddowl, you are not unreasonable not wanting to tighten the tracks too much. I took a link out each side on a first generation KV-1 because the tracks kept coming off the rear sprocket. One day the front idler wheel axle mount (plastic) on one side just broke off - it's a "d.i.y.d., d.i.y.d" situation!
      Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

Basic trick for heng long that run with metal track. Reinforce gear base ,tie bar for idlers wheel and made bearing shaft support.
        It's a 5 years old version 5.2. And second rebuilt to version 5.3. Now go to newest version tk 6.0S.
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X