X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hellcat 7 View Post
    Could not wait any longer and purchased an M1A2 on Amazon from Toucan. The battery was DOA and could not be charged. Contacted Toucan and they are sending me a new Battery.
    Often the stock battery is so low the charger won't recognize it. the last time this happened for me I set the charger for "charge", not balance, at 0.1Amps. After about 5 minutes it accepted enough electrons for the charger to see it as a Li Ion. Give it a try, couldn't hurt!
    Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalBobS View Post

Often the stock battery is so low the charger won't recognize it. the last time this happened for me I set the charger for "charge", not balance, at 0.1Amps. After about 5 minutes it accepted enough electrons for the charger to see it as a Li Ion. Give it a try, couldn't hurt!
      Thanks for the tip, I will try it out.

Comment

Hellcat 7 yah it’s been so long I’ve pretty much lost interest but now I’m looking at some of motions rc construction the one excavators stock seems cool at this rate motion should have tanks by the next 3 decades there taking so long

Comment

I bought my heng long tank direct from the heng long factory. My custom tank just shipped. Should be here in about a week to Canada.

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalBobS View Post

It worked! Thanks

Comment

All I can say is to stay away from Toucan Hobby. They sent me a heng long king tiger with all metal upgrades. They must have two year olds putting everything together because I had to take everything apart and redo it all. Wheels falling off. Wires wrapped up in turret, wires disconnected and smoke machine not working track pins falling out after two feet driving tank. They would call me at 3am after asking not to more than once. Bottom line is I rebuilt the entire tank and still do not have. A fully operational tank as wires are misssing and they tell me that it is my Job to fix everything as it is a hobby grade vehicle and they need maintenance I bought ready to run. They ingnoe me and then respond to tell me how I’m wrong and they will not do a thing about this lemon they sold me snd are on my boycott list forever. TOUCAN HOBBY PRODUCES A GARBAGE PRODUCT AND DOESN'T CARE ABOUT THEIR CUSTOMERS IN THE LEAST

Comment

Im sorry you feel that way, Ive never had a lick of trouble with Toucan, that being said, Toucan Hobbies arnt manufacturing or putting the tanks together, they are just a third party reseller/distributor Henglong is the manufacture that your taking issue with. The smoke machines are finnicky at best, most people just yank them out and save themselves some trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by Vaseline View Post
                  Im sorry you feel that way, Ive never had a lick of trouble with Toucan, that being said, Toucan Hobbies arnt manufacturing or putting the tanks together, they are just a third party reseller/distributor Henglong is the manufacture that your taking issue with. The smoke machines are finnicky at best, most people just yank them out and save themselves some trouble.
                  This ^^^^^^ X 1000 !!!!!!!

Toucan has been an excellent supplier and their CS is some of the best in the tank hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by JRGreenwood View Post
                    All I can say is to stay away from Toucan Hobby. They sent me a heng long king tiger with all metal upgrades. They must have two year olds putting everything together because I had to take everything apart and redo it all. Wheels falling off. Wires wrapped up in turret, wires disconnected and smoke machine not working track pins falling out after two feet driving tank. They would call me at 3am after asking not to more than once. Bottom line is I rebuilt the entire tank and still do not have. A fully operational tank as wires are misssing and they tell me that it is my Job to fix everything as it is a hobby grade vehicle and they need maintenance I bought ready to run. They ingnoe me and then respond to tell me how I’m wrong and they will not do a thing about this lemon they sold me snd are on my boycott list forever. TOUCAN HOBBY PRODUCES A GARBAGE PRODUCT AND DOESN'T CARE ABOUT THEIR CUSTOMERS IN THE LEAST
                    Hard to say what you were expecting as some of what you wrote is normal for HL tanks. What tank did you buy? Maybe we can give you some advice on how to get your tank set up and running reliability. HL tanks are super easy to work on and almost any issue can be solved rather quickly and simply.

I think you will find that most here would find your experience with Toucan odd as they are well known for reasonably good CS considering the language and distance barriers.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubicon99 View Post

Hard to say what you were expecting as some of what you wrote is normal for HL tanks. What tank did you buy? Maybe we can give you some advice on how to get your tank set up and running reliability. HL tanks are super easy to work on and almost any issue can be solved rather quickly and simply.

I think you will find that most here would find your experience with Toucan odd as they are well known for reasonably good CS considering the language and distance barriers.
                      Looks like hes got a King Tiger missing some wires, which case Youve got a couple options available JRG, You can buy the wire and JST plugs and crimp them yourself, or if your not comfortable doing the crimping yourself, you can buy ready to go jumper extensions off amazon with the JST plugs already crimped for you, which is literally plug& play. OR you can find complete wiring harnesses on Ebay or AlliExpress. (maybe Amazon too but ive never looked on there for them)

Comment

That’s actually incorrect that toucan doesn’t assemble the tanks.

thats exactly what they do. They take a RTR heng long tank and take it apart and put on the metal gearbox snd rhe metal wheels and metal tracks. The disassyhe turret and reinstalled the metal barrel with barrel recoil. They did the set up for a 360 degree weed e min my s hi

Comment

Oops hit the post button. Lol. So when I received my tank that toucan tore apart and reassemble with the new parts. They messed up everything that heng long did. I get where you loyalist are coming from but it is fact that’s toucan doesn’t this upgrading in house. I know this because if the walk through and explanation they gave me. ...... so the smoke machine is a crappy design that a two year old lcould do better but it works fine. The wires were a rats next snd were caught up in the turret gear and ripped out a bunch of wire connections snd I cannot even find two of the wires needed as they magically done not exist. No that’s not even close to all of the issues at this lemon of a tank had but every single one of the issues stemmed from Tucan installation of the aftermarket additions everything wrong was working just fine and Tucan solution to this what’s the tell me too bad it’s a hobby you fix it it’s a scam artists and that’s all there is to it you buy something ready to run it needs to run needs to work the wheels should stay on for more than a foot of driving the motor should actually drive the barrels actually turn the smoke machine should actually work and if it doesn’tYou sure as hell don’t tell the customer that it’s their job to fix it because that’s how Hobby things are and too bad so sad by the time I realized that these guys were scam artist I was past my 30 days to buy get a refund from eBay but it’s been escalated way far past eBay right now because right is right wrong is wrong these assholes are wrong. There’s scam is it tell you oh please don’t write a bad review will give you whatever you want yes yes yes by the time the first delivery of one part shows up and they screw you and I’m always too bad we don’t have help anymore and they ghost ya

Comment

That’s actually incorrect that toucan doesn’t assemble the tanks.

thats exactly what they do. They take a RTR heng long tank and take it apart and put on the metal gearbox snd rhe metal wheels and metal tracks. The disassyhe turret and reinstalled the metal barrel with barrel recoil. They did the set up for a 360 degree weed e min my s hi
                            Actually you are incorrect. Toucan orders them from HL to the build specs they want (menu build orders) and then states these tanks “upgraded” by them which is misleading but not inaccurate. The menu tanks Toucan offers are not sold by others. Motion RC does the same thing with their tanks and orders them to the specs they want....that is when they actually have tanks.

Comment

Lol
                              it’s very interesting seeing as Tucan put me online with their head technician who is in charge of the people that he says that me but he says they are the ones that take the parts and upgrade the tanks they take them apart and put the metal and everything and as I stated before I’m only putting the man that works there so sorry for any confusion but can only go by what they tell you from Toucan hobbies head technician. But I found them to be liars and so many other things like what is surprise it would be if that was a lie also

Comment

I can vouch for Toucan as well....6+ orders in the last 3 weeks, 2 from China..All delivered without issue. They even produced a Video showing the disassembly of the Abrams track and sent it to me. Not to mention they sold me a tank for $90 off they were asking for on Ebay. Superb customer service in every way. A++ I did have one issue When I ordered the Tank, but I can't really blame Toucan...the shipment was delayed 2 days do to warehouse staffing...

Comment

Oops hit the post button. Lol. So when I received my tank that toucan tore apart and reassemble with the new parts. They messed up everything that heng long did. I get where you loyalist are coming from but it is fact that’s toucan doesn’t this upgrading in house. I know this because if the walk through and explanation they gave me. ...... so the smoke machine is a crappy design that a two year old lcould do better but it works fine. The wires were a rats next snd were caught up in the turret gear and ripped out a bunch of wire connections snd I cannot even find two of the wires needed as they magically done not exist. No that’s not even close to all of the issues at this lemon of a tank had but every single one of the issues stemmed from Tucan installation of the aftermarket additions everything wrong was working just fine and Tucan solution to this what’s the tell me too bad it’s a hobby you fix it it’s a scam artists and that’s all there is to it you buy something ready to run it needs to run needs to work the wheels should stay on for more than a foot of driving the motor should actually drive the barrels actually turn the smoke machine should actually work and if it doesn’tYou sure as hell don’t tell the customer that it’s their job to fix it because that’s how Hobby things are and too bad so sad by the time I realized that these guys were scam artist I was past my 30 days to buy get a refund from eBay but it’s been escalated way far past eBay right now because right is right wrong is wrong these assholes are wrong. There’s scam is it tell you oh please don’t write a bad review will give you whatever you want yes yes yes by the time the first delivery of one part shows up and they screw you and I’m always too bad we don’t have help anymore and they ghost ya
                                  Hasn't been my experience at all. They sent a replacement for small part I lost, my fault, for free. Are you sure you haven't been dealing with a phony seller masquerading as Toucan? Also wondering why you are beginning to use profanity and denigrating forum members who have had different experiences.

Comment

Toucan has sold me my last 4 tanks and I have never had a issue with them, they have always given me great after sale service, even though all my issues were caused by me

Comment

Bob I’m happy that you have had such a great experience with toucan. I truly am. But see how this world works is that people have different experiences in life and we all have different opinions. Now I’m sorry if I used foul language but that does not constitute denigrating someone. Just because your opinion and experience differs from mine and the way I talk differs from you does not make you right. It does not mean that I’m denigrating anything or anyone except a company that screwed me over. Once again I’m glad your experience was a different experience than mine and i truly wish I had a sunshine a rainbows experience too. But see sometimes in life people do bad things. Even good people do bad things. I really have no idea why you love them because they give you parts you loose. But don’t tell me I’m denigrating anyone. I still have freedom of speech contrary to popular belief and if I have been wronged and i decide to state that to give others the information to be cautious with a shady company. Guess what, I get to do that. So mind your business and enjoy shopping with toucan hobby. I for one will be boycotting them and voicing it. And if you don’t like that, well **** Bob, that’s to damn bad! Have a wonderful day.

Comment

• Elbee
                                        Elbee commented
                                        Editing a comment
                                        Hey JR, Your opinion is noted; however, *asterisks* not withstanding, please refrain from anything that could be taken as personal. You know what I am saying and what in your comment is suspect. Enjoy the camaraderie here and be a integral part of Hobby Squawk and not 'that guy'. Glad to have you here, welcome aboard, Sir. Respectfully, LB

[QUOTE=. And if you don’t like that, well **** Bob, that’s to damn bad! [/QUOTE]

Hmm.

Comment

JRG please don't take this the wrong way but to me you are putting down the opinions of others who are simply giving you their opinions, they are not in any way putting down yours. The fact that you have had a bad experience with your purchase of course not good, but as has been stated it sounds like a isolated incidence and by no means a common occurrence. Just my personal opinion.

Comment

Working...
                                        X