Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got it! Thank you! They sent me their invoice through Paypal. I will wait for a week. If they don't respond by then, I will probably open my case with Paypal.

Comment

They responded. The rep who helped me made a mistake on pricing and they could not honor that quote in the invoice about the metal road wheels. I have to buy them for $75. I let them off the hook this time

Comment

Ok, now the Torro tanks are in. Is Torro's IR compatible with HengLongs ?

And when will the HengLong tanks be available, It has been 4 months since the "new business model" was sprung upon us.

Comment

Originally posted by GregH View Post
          Ok, now the Torro tanks are in. Is Torro's IR compatible with HengLongs ?

And when will the HengLong tanks be available, It has been 4 months since the "new business model" was sprung upon us.
          Torro and HL are not IR compatible as they come “out of the box”.

Comment

Hello Gent's! Bought my M1A2 in February 2021 from Toucan and When it arrived my battery was DOA, this was prior to posting on MRC and by the way Mr. SoCal gave me a tip and it worked. Anyhow Toucan emailed me back and sent me a new battery. Jut a couple of days ago I decided to give my M1A2 a new paint job to match OIF color scheme. After removing the front idler wheels, I noticed that one wheel was missing a flange bearing, so I contacted Toucan and they are sending me 2 flange bearing free of charge with no issues. Great customer service......

Comment

Hellcat7 - sorry to bother you. How long did it take for Toucan to reply to your emails ?
              I sent them and email about 10 days ago and still have not had a reply.

Comment

Originally posted by GregH View Post
                Hellcat7 - sorry to bother you. How long did it take for Toucan to reply to your emails ?
                I sent them and email about 10 days ago and still have not had a reply.
                It took them about 2 days to reply.

Comment

Thank you for the reply. I guess it is time to resend.

Comment

I’ve purchased 6 henglong tanks, 2matotoy tanks and 5 taigen/Torro tanks
                    The henglong long and taigen tanks are great…. With henglong being more affordable… toucans customer service is good but as was said there’s a language problem
                    matotoy was for me a nightmare….. communication between the tank and its remote is weird , tank responds only if the remote toggle are exactly on both at same time ..frustrating
                    ​​​​​​ taigen tanks are like the HL are great …. More expensive but the customer service is great…. Taigen is right there in Florida…..I’ve had parts problems but taigen handled it quickly…..with free shipping (MRC) …..I believe the taigen has more metal……
                    Bob

Comment

Sorry to read your post about the Mato tanks. You should have spent a little more time reading some of the posts our members typed about Mato. Which tanks from Mato did you buy? I bought only 1 which was the King Tiger. I liked it though. But from the advice in the forum, I stopped.

Comment

I didn’t know about this site….. I was lured in by the “all metal” tank!….. I bought a tiger and a PanzerIII…good looking on the shelf…. And it’s probably my lack of experience but compared to HL and TAIGEN/TORRO….. both of them are a nightmare to run….. I tried emailing them they replied with questions regarding the problem …I replied with a “laundry list” of problems…… Mayo didn’t reply!?!?…..but they will look real good on a diorama
                        ​​​​​​ Thanks
                        Bob

Comment

I think that it is because the HL and Torro?taigen are so easy to handle that we are quite unhappy with the Mato. It has many cons than pros. We just have to enjoy the pros and learn to adapt with the cons. It is like having two different cars in the house :-)

Comment

Originally posted by bobassetto@me.com View Post
                            I didn’t know about this site….. I was lured in by the “all metal” tank!….. I bought a tiger and a PanzerIII…good looking on the shelf…. And it’s probably my lack of experience but compared to HL and TAIGEN/TORRO….. both of them are a nightmare to run….. I tried emailing them they replied with questions regarding the problem …I replied with a “laundry list” of problems…… Mayo didn’t reply!?!?…..but they will look real good on a diorama
                            ​​​​​​ Thanks
                            Bob
                            If possible...kindly post a picture of your 2 metal tanks on your shelf please. I would like to see them :-)

Comment

Ok

Comment

I owned an all-metal PzKpfw III from Mato six years ago. The turret, engine and crew hatches were supposed to open. They did, but at the expense of bending and finally breaking the hinges - pot metal. The MFB was defective - the turret would turn left as soon as power was on, took me five emails and a video for them to admit the defect. It finally tipped over climbing a slope, fell on the barrel and bent it - pot metal. Sense a trend? Not a fan, jes' sayin.
                                Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

I -almost- bought a Mato tank, but when I saw it in person I kindly refused to seal the deal. It was a Panzer III, and indeed, all the hinges were already cracking. Which was a shame, when you see what they go for in stores. For sofar none of the HL tanks I have have disappointed. The one Torro Leopard 2A6 I have (which is basically a pimped HL) has a few issues. Main one is the wheels coming off because the grub screws that attach them to the arms are trying to grab a round axle. That will soon be mended when I mill a flat side to those axles and replace the grub screws with a slightly longer one with a point and s dab of Loctite.
                                  Sherman M4A3 105mm Houwitser / Sherman Firefly IC *under construction* / Panzer IV *awaiting side-grade from TK7.0S to TK6.0S* / Stug III / King Tiger / KV-1 *awaiting upgrade to TK6.0S* / Tiger I / T34-85 / Leopard 2A6 *waiting upgrade to TK7.0*... No, I do not have a problem....

Comment

Yeah….. similar to my experience….. the tiger ran fine out of the box…. Once I learned how sensitive the toggles on the remote are…the second time I turned on the tank and switched on the remote…… the tiger started moving on its own….I tried to use the remote but the tank started going in circles…. Right track would move then it would stop and the left track would move …..then the turret started moving turning independently of the remote….could that be communication between remote and motherboard?…..I emailed mato and they replied asking for a description of tanks behavior……they haven’t replied and I’m afraid to turn the tank…i tried to rebound the remote to the tank but.. the manual s print is so small it’s difficult to read……PanzerIII acts sporadically…..these tanks scare me….. I took out the batteries….. for safety…but they both are handsome tanks …. Seems to be well made and all metal…that’s what attracted me …
                                    Bob

Comment

So sad to read about those Mato panzer IIIs. I like my Mato Kjng Tiger because it is so metallically, impressively and solidly big :-). It runs just fine and the sound is so unique when turning it on and when firing. In the future, if it turns wacko on me, I will probably convert it with the HL 6.0S system.

Comment

A group of panzers that were selected for Germany's space program, lol:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7413.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	114.7 KB
ID:	323354Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7412.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	132.4 KB
ID:	323355Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7414.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	157.6 KB