Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Clark TK80 board arrived. Can any member, who owns one, kindly post a picture of the inside connections of your tank for me? I don't want to hook up mine wrongly. I am quite confused with the diagram from Clark website. And the board is too expensive to mess up :-)

Comment

While waiting for the heading to SD tomorrow, I decided to work on converting another HL tank with the Clark board. Everything went well.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1145A.jpg
Views:	284
Size:	222.6 KB
ID:	351853

Comment

Name:	IMG_1154A.JPG
Views:	271
Size:	314.1 KB
ID:	351855Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1151A.jpg
Views:	259
Size:	272.3 KB
ID:	351856

Comment

Name:	IMG_1149A.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	324.8 KB
ID:	351858

Comment

Make the conversation over slowly because Clark’s have a rather high issue and/or failure rate when used in battling. HL even with their battling limitations are far more reliable (trouble free).

Comment

Thanks! I have already ordered 7 more Clark's boards. I have decided not to convert the HL tanks to Clark's anymore except the King Tigers since they are in the heavy tank category. It is not much fun driving the KT with only 6 hits available :-) The rest of my future conversion with Clarks will be on those Taigen tanks with the BB versions.

Comment

I like the idea of Clark in my HL. How involved would that be and what board are you using?

Comment

Originally posted by 761st View Post
                  I like the idea of Clark in my HL. How involved would that be and what board are you using?
                  You can browse thru this same thread at the beginning to have a bit of an idea about Clark. For me, it is quite complicate to explain. I am using the TK40 and TK80 boards at this time for my non-Sbus Spektrum transmitter. But I have stored 30 tanks in it. I would like to switch about 5 tanks into the Flysky transmitter using the Sbus board so my daughter could play.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidN View Post

You can browse thru this same thread at the beginning to have a bit of an idea about Clark. For me, it is quite complicate to explain. I am using the TK40 and TK80 boards at this time for my non-Sbus Spektrum transmitter. But I have stored 30 tanks in it. I would like to switch about 5 tanks into the Flysky transmitter using the Sbus board so my daughter could play.
                    I use only the SBUS models and put 2-3 tanks on each Flysky transmitter I have. I have like 6 transmitters. I do run all my TCBs and Tamiya tanks off my Frsky transmitter though.

Comment

My understanding on Clark's board with S-bus continue to expand. I have installed it on a limited function Taigen BB airsolf JS-2. It is now an IR battle tank with very nice sounds. The barrel recoils and the muzzle brake flashes. It also has the functional MG at the rear of the turret. The recoil kits from Clark was also easy to install once I knew how to reverse the direction of the servo. It was also quite simple and that leaves plenty of spaces inside the turret. I like the easy functions on the FlySky Tx more than the complicated functions on my Spektrum Tx. This tank is so heavy :-) I will lower the IR receiver 1/4 inch later.

Name:	IMG_6930.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	144.1 KB
ID:	364922

Name:	IMG_6934.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	135.5 KB
ID:	364921

Name:	IMG_6937.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	115.3 KB
ID:	364923

Comment

Another BB Taigen that now has the Clark's board inside for IR battle.

Name:	IMG_6956.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	113.2 KB
ID:	364941Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6958.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	189.4 KB
ID:	364942

Comment

Name:	IMG_6965.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	128.0 KB
ID:	364944Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6962.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	160.8 KB
ID:	364945

Comment

Name:	IMG_6966.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	151.1 KB
ID:	364947Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6967.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	151.4 KB
ID:	364948

Comment

Now you're getting them dirty! Spray the tracks too, then let it wear off from driving.

Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

Bob! The Taigen tank came out of the box that way. I didn't spray the dirt paint on. I did not paint these two tanks the JS-2 and the M4/75. I repainted this next one though.

Before...

Name:	Screenshot 2021-09-10 at 23-43-23 TAG13050-1_1024x1024 2x webp (WEBP Image, 1208 × 1208 pixels) — Scaled (75%).png
Views:	182
Size:	633.0 KB
ID:	364964

Comment

After.... Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6971.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	154.8 KB
ID:	364966

Comment

I also install the Clark's board in this one.

Name:	IMG_6941.jpg
Size:	173.6 KB
ID:	364968Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6949.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	163.7 KB
ID:	364969

Comment

Name:	IMG_6968.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	166.2 KB
ID:	364971Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6951.jpg
Size:	171.2 KB
ID:	364972

Comment

Originally posted by DavidN View Post
                                        My understanding on Clark's board with S-bus continue to expand. I have installed it on a limited function Taigen BB airsolf JS-2. It is now an IR battle tank with very nice sounds. The barrel recoils and the muzzle brake flashes. It also has the functional MG at the rear of the turret. The recoil kits from Clark was also easy to install once I knew how to reverse the direction of the servo. It was also quite simple and that leaves plenty of spaces inside the turret. I like the easy functions on the FlySky Tx more than the complicated functions on my Spektrum Tx. This tank is so heavy :-) I will lower the IR receiver 1/4 inch later.
                                        I actually ground the little hatch stopper tab off the loader's hatch on my IS-2 so that the hatch can lay more flat when opened. I'm using a Tamiya apple since it clears the commander's hatch.
                                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by tank_me View Post

I actually ground the little hatch stopper tab off the loader's hatch on my IS-2 so that the hatch can lay more flat when opened. I'm using a Tamiya apple since it clears the commander's hatch.
                                          Thank you for your post. I fixed it. Looks much better now.

Name:	IMG_6987.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	122.0 KB
ID:	365127

Comment

Working...
                                          X