Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This isn't misleading because 3.3V as a standard will trigger 5V high signals which logic HIGH is thresholded at 2V, so 3.3 is more than sufficient. I suspect the issue you're running into is whatever controller you're plugging this into doesn't run at 3.3V, so you should only connect the ground and sig lines, and power the external board with it's own power source.

Comment

I have to think about what you said. Makes sense, but I always do better with schematics. Usually you have to share grounds correct?
      Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

I have been experimenting some more with Legodei's tank mine. Using it as more of an anti tank gun than a mine. Putting it in a styrofoam bunker, facing out a firing port works well but it is still too easily knocked out by the tank's IR gunfire. Given the fairly short range at which it can detect a tank, the advantage is still overwhelmingly in favor of the tank. Today I tried something different. I gave the tank mine a gun barrel, in keeping with my using it as an anti tank gun. Actually, it just looks like a gun barrel. What it is, is an incoming fire barrel. I attached a black plastic tube, about 2.5 inches long with an inside diameter of about a quarter inch, over the IR receiver on the tank mine. Now the tank mine is a hard target! The tank has to get within about ten feet and fire straight down the tank mines new "gun barrel" to get a hit. I think that by varying the length of the tube protecting the tank mine's IR sensor it can be nicely adjusted for different tactical situations. When the weather gets better I will try it outside. I suspect that environmental motion caused by wind may cause the tank mine to fire randomly. This would be an advantage as it would partly off set the mines short detection range. Having to close in on the tank mine out doors, using all possible cover, while it fires shots off randomly, at the whim of the breeze, will make a nice challenge.

Comment

Pictures please!!! I am determined to get mine to set off an air cannon explosion.Click image for larger version

Name:	Air cannon.JPG
Views:	174
Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	295094

Comment

Here are the requested pics. The plastic tube is being fastened on with blue-tac, normally used for cleanly posting notes, signs, etc. I find it holds well and comes off cleanly if not left on too long.

Comment

Hi oldwolf,
              I just got one of these tank mines a couple of days ago and I'm having a little trouble figuring it out.
              Did yours come with the jumpers to set the functions?
              Mine came with nothing. Some simple instructions would be nice.
              I made a jumper to get the fire function to work OK but the biggest problem I have is after the mine takes enough hits to have the red light stay on, the only way to reset it is to manually cycle the switch.
              It should reset with the next hit, right?
              ​​​​​​Would appreciate any help,
              Steve

Comment

the pillbox targets will reset upon being hit again, the mines do not, since in IR battles it would be undesirable for a stray shot to reset the mine again, potentially wiping out allied tanks around it. the jumpers are usually included in the packaging, but if you're unable to locate them I can mail you some more. function setting instructions are found on the product listing, and to be environmentally friendly a printout is not included with orders physically.

Comment

I think the solution to getting my air cannon to get triggered by the box is a level connector. I can step up the power or step down. Basically a $2 bec.

Comment

Working...
                  X