X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T34 problem

Well I finally broke something on my t34, and of course it was a part that I couldn't repair. Just doing some hard running and bam, the track flies off and the idler goes rolling off into the distance. Broken metal tensioner, does this happen very often, is it a design flaw?I should mention this is the upgrade 6.0 version with metal running gear Click image for larger version

Name:	20210220_082336.jpg
Views:	413
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	300002

Aww crap, time to get a replacement part

Comment

My most recent (11/20 purchase) T34 broke both sides off before it was even finished being built. The first two T34 that were purchased when the new 6.0 versions was released in 2019 have been bulletproof.

I think HL got a bad batch T34 idlers. Fortunately I had ordered a spare set when they became available and they seem as strong as the early ones.

You should be able to “fix” it by using a longer wheel screw. I was able to on the ones that broke on me until I replaced them.

I have since went ahead and replaced all the short HL idler wheel screws with longer ones to help reduce the likelihood of the idler axles snapping off in the future.

Comment

Gonna order another 4 sets from Toucan

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191225_180438.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	111.7 KB
ID:	300346Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191225_175245.jpg
Views:	280
Size:	174.3 KB
ID:	300345Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191225_172232.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	132.1 KB
ID:	300344

Comment

Repair option.

Comment

Very nice job

Comment

Originally posted by Rubicon99 View Post
                My most recent (11/20 purchase) T34 broke both sides off before it was even finished being built. The first two T34 that were purchased when the new 6.0 versions was released in 2019 have been bulletproof.

I think HL got a bad batch T34 idlers. Fortunately I had ordered a spare set when they became available and they seem as strong as the early ones.

You should be able to “fix” it by using a longer wheel screw. I was able to on the ones that broke on me until I replaced them.

I have since went ahead and replaced all the short HL idler wheel screws with longer ones to help reduce the likelihood of the idler axles snapping off in the future.
                Where do you get the longer screws ? Are they an odd metric size or a standard size ?

Comment

Originally posted by Cascabel View Post

Where do you get the longer screws ? Are they an odd metric size or a standard size ?
                  They are nothing special just common simple metric screws. Any hobby shop, hardware or auto parts store should have a selection.

Comment

Working...
                  X