X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kv1 question

Where the heck does the unditching log mount on the kv1?looked at so many images my eyes are bleeding but I can't see where it goes

Originally posted by Sappo View Post
    Where the heck does the unditching log mount on the kv1?looked at so many images my eyes are bleeding but I can't see where it goes
    Its a WWII Russian tank. There really is no right or wrong place to put a recovery log. Find a spot that looks good to you and is feasible for what a crew might have done. Its what I would do and have done when accessories a Russian tank from that era.

Comment

I thought so,so its on the rack at the back

Comment

On another note, Has anybody modified one of these tanks to get the smoke to actually come out of the correct place, instead of the tail light ?? The exhaust pipes are on top of the rear deck !!

Comment

If you attach the hoses to the top hull, it'll be more difficult to remove and reattach the top and bottom hulls. If you can find a way to mount the hoses so they meet the exhausts without leaking glycerin smoke throughout the interior, that'd be good.
          Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

Been looking at that as well, the only way I can see how to do that is mounting the smoke unit on the hull and use rigid pipes from the smoker up to near the upper hull and fixed pipes down from the upper hull to fit over the lower pipes. Look at the way the exhaust stacks on a cab over truck are mounted

Comment

Attach the pipes to the upper deck exhausts and make a bracket to mount and hold the smoker from underneath the upper deck. Torro used to do this for their KV-2.

Comment

That's another way to do it

Comment

Working...
                X