Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tiger 1 tank

Hello,

I have a tiger 1 tank that looks like it's wired up properly, the fan on the mother board turns on but nothing else works.

Can anyone help with with why its not working?

The loose wires are only the LED lights at the front. No idea how to attach them as there isn't any soldering point on the sister board to solder them too.

Sorry I can't help with Taigen wiring. However....

I googled Taigen Tiger Wiring; dozens of images, looks like they were from of their manual. Couldn't tell from your photos, but you might do a comparison. I've had many instances of plugging in the wrong wires in my r/c planes. Sometimes they don't work, sometimes they fly into the ground! Doh! 😢
    Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

First of all, is this a kit you are assembling? Otherwise, did it ever run ok? Is the battery fully charged? The LED loose wiring from the upper hull won't prevent the tank from turning its tracks. The assembly manual is http://www.imex-model.com/TANK%20MAN...index.html#p=1

BTW, is the MFU v3?

Comment

Originally posted by sclui56 View Post
        First of all, is this a kit you are assembling? Otherwise, did it ever run ok? Is the battery fully charged? The LED loose wiring from the upper hull won't prevent the tank from turning its tracks. The assembly manual is http://www.imex-model.com/TANK%20MAN...index.html#p=1

BTW, is the MFU v3?
        It is a kit and I haven't managed to get it working yet, the battery is fully charged and the batteries in the remote are new.

The fan on motherboard works when turned on and the light on the remote but nothing else

Comment

Originally posted by Chricolv View Post

It is a kit and I haven't managed to get it working yet, the battery is fully charged and the batteries in the remote are new.

The fan on motherboard works when turned on and the light on the remote but nothing else
          Fan on the MFU always runs when it is switched on, trying binding the Tx to the MFU. If this is a kit, the Tx may not have been setup at the factory.

Comment

Agree....I would attempt to rebind. However the V2 and V3 versions with either the V2 Transmitter or the T5 Transmitter have different binding procedures. If you have the V3 with the T5 transmitter than you can proceed as follows: 1.) Make sure you power up the tank first. 2.) Within 5 seconds turn on the transmitter while holding down the machine gun button on the right side of the transmitter. The transmitter LED status light will start to blink fast for a few seconds 3.) once the LED is solid flip the left toggle switch and start the tank. That's it.

Hopefully this helps.

Comment

Thank you very much for your help, it was the binding and a missing wire. I have got it working and it's going to be great trying it out.

Comment

Great, now the virgin shell needs a splash of color....

Comment

I got the Mako board and the IR Tiger-ring from a good buddy. It took me quite some times to figure things out. I finally have a Toro/Taigen IR tank to battle without the bulky IR receiver on top.
                  And I control it with me hobby grade Spektrum DX9 too :-) No MG though :-(

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9855A.jpg
Views:	303
Size:	184.7 KB
ID:	340784

Comment

Another Tiger I was successfully set up for IR battle today. I installed the Clark TK80 into this HL Tiger I. It ran well. Then I got the LegoDEI IR receiver to set it on top of the cupola. I used the same HL IR bulb that was inside the hull of the tank. I just changed the other end to the correct sized pin to fit it with the port on the board. It worked. And I can also control this HL tank with my Spektrum DX9. As a heavy tank, it will absorb 9 hits. But the program in the board set it to delay the time for reload to almost 10 second :-(

Oh well.... anyway, no more HL black transmitter for this tank :-)

Now I know what to do with those extra HL IR bulbs that I have. I don't think I need to buy anymore IR bulbs in the future.

Name:	IMG_9874A.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	156.2 KB
ID:	340865

Comment

Originally posted by DavidN View Post
                      Another Tiger I was successfully set up for IR battle today. I installed the Clark TK80 into this HL Tiger I. It ran well. Then I got the LegoDEI IR receiver to set it on top of the cupola. I used the same HL IR bulb that was inside the hull of the tank. I just changed the other end to the correct sized pin to fit it with the port on the board. It worked. And I can also control this HL tank with my Spektrum DX9. As a heavy tank, it will absorb 9 hits. But the program in the board set it to delay the time for reload to almost 10 second :-(

Oh well.... anyway, no more HL black transmitter for this tank :-)

Now I know what to do with those extra HL IR bulbs that I have. I don't think I need to buy anymore IR bulbs in the future.

Name:	IMG_9874A.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	156.2 KB
ID:	340865
                      Happy to see you went ahead and used the HL bulb. It’s more then adequate for the LA “close in” battles. Like you said you have a bunch of them so now you can save the time and expense of buying others.

Also happy to see you installed the IR receiver much lower. Makes for a clearer more finished look.

Comment

Working...
                      X