• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like some great battles.
    You should come down to San Diego and try out larger field
    RC tank parts and accessories I make
    www.RichardSJohnson.net/id28.html

Comment

We had 2 new families visiting the museum and were really excited when watching us battling. This morning, I brought 3 tanks. I let one father and his sons played my other 2 tanks. They were very happy and ask me for more info. He also went to the museum and bought his son a tank. After that he thanked me. I said:" When I first came here, a couple wonderful members helped me and let me played with their tanks....now is my turn to help you." His son (about 11 years old) was quite knowledgeable. He saw my tank and said:" Whoa, you have a nice T34." I whoa myself about him too.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidN View Post
        We had 2 new families visiting the museum and were really excited when watching us battling. This morning, I brought 3 tanks. I let one father and his sons played my other 2 tanks. They were very happy and ask me for more info. He also went to the museum and bought his son a tank. After that he thanked me. I said:" When I first came here, a couple wonderful members helped me and let me played with their tanks....now is my turn to help you." His son (about 11 years old) was quite knowledgeable. He saw my tank and said:" Whoa, you have a nice T34." I whoa myself about him too.
        It looks like it was a good battle battle day in LA and that there was a lot of combat action!!!

Really wonderful to read you are paying it forward and helping others experience the hobby. That is sometimes half the fun of a battle day.

Comment

Can a senior member in our LA tank club share with me the rule about using tank destroyer in the battle? I notice there was a disadvantage for tank destroyers. The way I see, without a turret, it cannot run out to shoot and run back in hiding. But then one member mentioned to me that it is considered IFA (invulnerable front armor). He stated that I can place a black tape on the front 1/4 of my receiver. Is this true? Is there any other rules I need to know about tank destroyers? I would like to install an IR in one of my Jagds so I can battle :-) Thank you!

Comment

The accepted rule at LA Tank and Phoenix is to have the front 1/4 of the IR receiver blocked with electrical tape. At a couple foot distance the IR actually goes through the tape but further back it is filtered out.

Comment

Originally posted by RichJohnson View Post
              The accepted rule at LA Tank and Phoenix is to have the front 1/4 of the IR receiver blocked with electrical tape. At a couple foot distance the IR actually goes through the tape but further back it is filtered out.
              Why did you answer my question so quick :-)? Now I have to put aside my other project and work on installing a LegoDEI IR into my jagdpanther. I am excited. Thank you Rich!

Comment

Can a senior member in our LA tank club share with me the rule about using tank destroyer in the battle? I notice there was a disadvantage for tank destroyers. The way I see, without a turret, it cannot run out to shoot and run back in hiding. But then one member mentioned to me that it is considered IFA (invulnerable front armor). He stated that I can place a black tape on the front 1/4 of my receiver. Is this true? Is there any other rules I need to know about tank destroyers? I would like to install an IR in one of my Jagds so I can battle :-) Thank you!
                If you are using a LegoDEI receiver simply turn the receiver so the receiving bulbs are at a 45 degree angle to the front of the tank or “X” and use the 45 degree sunshade option offered by LegoDEI. This will mimic the Tamiya IR receiver with a taped front. Do NOT block the forward receiver bulb with tape it creates to wide of an invulnerable hit field.

SocalBob has done this with his IFA tank and the working results are actually much more fair then the Tamiya with a taped front. Personally I feel the tape method gives to much advantage to the Tamiya equipped IFA tank and ifs far to easy to cheat with.

Another option if you use the Tamiya IR receiver is to install it so the hit parameters are also in the “X” format vs the + format. This can be done by turning the receiver base or by turning the mirror inside the receiver.

I would caution you though not to use either the LegoDEI or Tamiya IR receiver set to the “X” hit parameters on any other tank other than your IFA because it would be considered cheating and upset folks really fast.

Comment

Thanks Rubicon for your recommendation in the way that I don't need taping! I personally don't like tapping on a tank :-) Also I don't have any Tamiya that I plan to use for battle. I only have a HL jagdpanther. I will order a 45 degree sunshade and install the LegoDEI reciever.

Comment

Here's what R is talking about. LegoDEI sells the shade separately. They're removable with two screws. Lights to the front, sensors at an angle.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1919.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	113.9 KB
ID:	330078
                    Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

Yeah David, sorry that blocked apple rule only works for a Tamiya apple.
                      the Tamiya has a different geometric design for the IR receiver than the legdei design.
                      For the Legodei Ir receivers use the method Rubicon described

Comment

WARNING! There will be a new beast coming to the battle next month in LA. Beware, lol. I took the IR receiver off my KV-1 and put it on this one to tryout. I will detach the hatches, install the emitter, and order the 45 degree sunshade. Many thanks folks!

Name:	IMG_8286.JPG
Views:	272
Size:	175.9 KB
ID:	330082

Comment

WARNING! There will be a new beast coming to the battle next month in LA. Beware, lol. I took the IR receiver off my KV-1 and put it on this one to tryout. I will detach the hatches, install the emitter, and order the 45 degree sunshade. Many thanks folks!

Name:	IMG_8286.JPG
Views:	272
Size:	175.9 KB
ID:	330082
                          That will make a wonderful target for my M26 “Kitty Killer” to shot at.

”Kitty Killer” Click image for larger version

Name:	A00DA108-A2A0-43BD-9F16-782EA46423E1.jpeg
Views:	251
Size:	465.8 KB
ID:	330086

Comment

Originally posted by Rubicon99 View Post

Thank you for the photo on Kitty Killer. I will show it to my panzer crews and add extra times into their trainings :-)

Comment

Battling a turretless tank is a challenge all its own and unless you really figure it out, blocked or twisted apple, your at a disadvantage unless you really know how to battle it.

Comment

Originally posted by RichJohnson View Post
                                Battling a turretless tank is a challenge all its own and unless you really figure it out, blocked or twisted apple, your at a disadvantage unless you really know how to battle it.
                                Agreed, if the IFA opponent knows the tactics for fighting with an IFA in order not become a sitting duck for those that do know how to fight against an IFA tank. There are only a handful of these folks, but one in particular is extremely dangerous and really knows her (yes) her stuff😉😉.

I my opinion there is no substitute for a fast turret and ability to shoot in all directions while on the moving.

Comment

Great opinion. I was impressed two months ago at the LA battle when I saw a new kid who went to battle with and a loaner Stug III. He was very good for a first timer player and with that stug III. I just want to bring varieties to the battleground :-)

Comment

Great opinion. I was impressed two months ago at the LA battle when I saw a new kid who went to battle with and a loaner Stug III. He was very good for a first timer player and with that stug III. I just want to bring varieties to the battleground :-)
                                    Variety in trying new tanks and tactics is what makes it fun to battle. No two tanks are the same and each has their pros and cons. Finding those is the challenge.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubicon99 View Post

”Kitty Killer” Click image for larger version

Name:	A00DA108-A2A0-43BD-9F16-782EA46423E1.jpeg
Views:	251
Size:	465.8 KB
ID:	330086
                                      And if my Jagdpanther could not perform his duty, those generals at my headquarter already planed to send in his bigger cousin to somehow handle the 90mm gun of that Pershing :-)

Name:	IMG_8283.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	169.4 KB
ID:	330147

Comment

And if my Jagdpanther could not perform his duty, those generals at my headquarter already planed to send in his bigger cousin to somehow handle the 90mm gun of that Pershing :-)

Name:	IMG_8283.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	169.4 KB
ID:	330147
                                        You know the weakness of those huge heavy tanks is a small light super maneuverable tank firing every three seconds, shooting and scooting. The light tanks are especially deadly to heavy tank in close combat like that in LA. Where the big cats have a hard time maneuvering. San Diegos open county fighting though they are not effective against heavy tanks. There heavy tanks have all the advantages and must be teamed up against.

Comment

Thanks for those useful info. For the sake of chatting for fun, I just roll the big jagdtiger over all the buildings in the city of LA and crush those light tanks. Anyway, if Bob comes to LA, I will have Bob's King Tiger and Jeff's King Tiger by my side to protect me, lol.

Comment

Working...
                                          X