X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DavidN View Post
    Thanks for those useful info. For the sake of chatting for fun, I just roll the big jagdtiger over all the buildings in the city of LA and crush those light tanks. Anyway, if Bob comes to LA, I will have Bob's King Tiger and Jeff's King Tiger by my side to protect me, lol.
    Yes this chat is all for fun sake and makes for a good build up to the battle day.

That said you will need all the help you can get. Jeff in his KT is no real threat. His wife though in any tank IS! Bob? He can be deadly.

But thats ok, I will have my son with me and he is a holy terror few can match. And should Rich go and is on my side.....well than we would have an epic battle on our hands.

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalBobS View Post
      Here's what R is talking about. LegoDEI sells the shade separately. They're removable with two screws. Lights to the front, sensors at an angle.
      Hi Bob! Can you kindly check the picture and let me know if that is the correct item for me to put on the IR receiver of my tank destroyer? Is it the "cross" type? And if I want to get the whole IR receiver, do I pick the "cross" only or do I pick "both"? Thank you!

Click image for larger version

Name:	SUNSHADE.png
Views:	278
Size:	359.0 KB
ID:	330263

Comment

Hi Bob! Can you kindly check the picture and let me know if that is the correct item for me to put on the IR receiver of my tank destroyer? Is it the "cross" type? And if I want to get the whole IR receiver, do I pick the "cross" only or do I pick "both"? Thank you!

Name:	SUNSHADE.png
Views:	278
Size:	359.0 KB
ID:	330263
        That is the old style for the 1st generation HL receivers. The new receiver with the high output LED “hit” lights that face outward require a different shade.

You would be best served to buy a completely new receiver with the 45 shade. That will ensure everything is correct.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubicon99 View Post

That is the old style for the 1st generation HL receivers. The new receiver with the high output LED “hit” lights that face outward require a different shade.

You would be best served to buy a completely new receiver with the 45 shade. That will ensure everything is correct.
          I think he did not update his picture. I ordered from him before. Even the picture wss like that, but I got the new generation IR. I went to the complete new receiver selection page as you advised. It has three selections: circle, cross or both. So for my tank destroyer, do I pick "cross" only? Does cross mean 45 degree? Or do I select "both"? And why does "blue" cheaper than "red"? Thank you!

Comment

Yeah, the picture is old. He should update it. I ordered cross. (Reds use brighter LED's.)
            Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

1. But don’t we turn the light off anyway when we battle? So does blue or red matter? I ask because blue is cheaper :-)

Comment

1. But don’t we turn the light off anyway when we battle? So does blue or red matter? I ask because blue is cheaper :-)
                The lights are off yes, but they flash when a hit is registered. The brighter LEDs are easier to see when they light up from a hit for both you and your opponent. Especially in direct sunlight or from a distance.

Either color works but red is more dramatic and more fun to watch during a battle for everyone involved. See below photos.

Name:	8384BFC3-FE6E-4EDE-80F1-2101AD05D2CE.jpeg
Views:	257
Size:	117.5 KB
ID:	330276

Click image for larger version  Name:	8C4B5737-8967-44CD-A8FA-C74081E6A8E2.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	144.0 KB ID:	330274

Comment

Ok! I will spend $4 more just to be dramatic.lol.

Comment

LegoDei also reoriented the LEDs to point outward for greater visibility. His Etsy photo is of a rendering of the 3D file of his earlier version.
                    Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

The new red LEDs are much brighter than any you have seen elsewhere even over the blue which are quite bright.
                      RC tank parts and accessories I make
                      www.RichardSJohnson.net/id28.html

Comment

I am ready for IR battle with my Jagdpanther. The aiming light and the launch flashing light at the muzzle barrel were installed. The LegoDEI system was added. The IR emitter was installed above the main gun with a 10mm plastic tube in front. The two front wheels were raised up to make the front of the tank higher A new brass muzzle brake was screwed in. Somehow the 45 degree shade doesn't work. It still got shot at from the front. I can just put a tape on 90 degree at the front if I don't figure it out by battle time on next Saturday.

Name:	IMG_8417.PNG
Views:	239
Size:	1.33 MB
ID:	331076

Comment

Name:	IMG_8418.JPG
Views:	258
Size:	265.8 KB
ID:	331081

Name:	IMG_8421.JPG
Views:	234
Size:	285.7 KB
ID:	331079

Name:	IMG_8419.JPG
Views:	240
Size:	301.0 KB
ID:	331080

Comment

Ok..that's just...cool.

Now I gotta go look at tanks..

(The wife is gonna shoot me)

Comment

Name:	IMG_8418.JPG
Views:	258
Size:	265.8 KB
ID:	331081

Name:	IMG_8421.JPG
Views:	234
Size:	285.7 KB
ID:	331079

Name:	IMG_8419.JPG
Views:	240
Size:	301.0 KB
ID:	331080
                              Looks really good. Now it just needs to get all dusty and field use grimy from actual use.!!

Can’t wait to fight against it with my new M4 “Russian” Firefly.

Comment

Yeap! After next week, it will be "dustily" blended in with the rest of those tanks in our club :-)

Comment

Well...Head quarter concerned about the jagdpanther's safety and decided to release a Porsche KT to protect its flank when entering the battle. Similar to the Jagdpanther, I installed the launch flashing light at the muzzle brake, the IR emitter at the right side of the gun on the front of the turret with 10mm plastic tube and LegoDEI IR system. I am getting the pretty good at this now :-)

Name:	IMG_8428.PNG
Views:	207
Size:	1.43 MB
ID:	331135

Name:	IMG_8433.JPG
Views:	225
Size:	160.8 KB
ID:	331134

Comment

Name:	IMG_8434.JPG
Views:	220
Size:	157.5 KB
ID:	331137

Name:	IMG_8432.JPG
Views:	214
Size:	158.9 KB
ID:	331138

Comment

Well...Head quarter concerned about the jagdpanther's safety and decided to release a Porsche KT to protect its flank when entering the battle. Similar to the Jagdpanther, I installed the launch flashing light at the muzzle brake, the IR emitter at the right side of the gun on the front of the turret with 10mm plastic tube and LegoDEI IR system. I am getting the pretty good at this now :-)

Name:	IMG_8428.PNG
Views:	207
Size:	1.43 MB
ID:	331135

Name:	IMG_8433.JPG
Views:	225
Size:	160.8 KB
ID:	331134
                                      EXCELLENT looking tank and another target to take out this time a much easier one. KTs at LA battles are one of the easiest tanks to put out of action. They are BIG, SLOW with a LONG barrel making them cumbersome to maneuver in the tight “cityscape”. Team America and our Russian friends with our fast Sherman’s, T34s and cat killer Pershings and KVs will make short work of your KT and thus leave your Jag defenseless.

I can’t wait for the carnage to being.......

Comment

I might switch side after lunch when we have our afternoon battles, lol.

Name:	IMG_8435.JPG
Views:	220
Size:	193.6 KB
ID:	331145

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	movie-time-movie.gif
Views:	236
Size:	754.7 KB
ID:	331148https://tenor.com/view/movie-time-mo...on-gif-3579864
                                          RC tank parts and accessories I make