X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• King Tiger cracks

got King Tiger Torro from Motion RC Tuesday. discovered 2 cracks in rear exhaust panel near bottom on each side. I have another KT2 that had the same problem I got from IMEX. decided to glue the 1st one from IMEX using thick superglue. seems to be holding up. 2nd KT2 from Motion looks a little worse. don't know if repairing is a good idea. would ABS glue do the job? thinking these cracks come about during manufacture parts being forced together. don't know if think weakens the drive idler etc. got pictures if I can figure out how to attach them.

That sucks! Did you talk to Erik @ IMEX about this? You literally stop me cold in ordering one, I barely got past the bouncing barrel on KT, but the cracks in the tub is something else. My other Taigens are with full metal tubs so I haven't seen cracks such as this.

Hope this can be resolved even though cracks can be fixed, but no one wants to see cracks after just receiving the toy.

Comment

this new KT2 is from Motion RC today. haven't contacted anyone at Motion until I see what others think about this. smart move might be to return instead of repairing it, assuming it can be repaired. I got the bb version a long time ago & glued it. seems to be ok but might not be so smart. don't know that I want another replacement because this seems to be a common problem with this Torro KT2.

Comment

Granted this is 3 years old, but this sample appeared to be free of cracks in the backplate https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDQF0W3QQ58

and the unpainted product shot on Motion's site seems ok as well.

Comment

Just curious, is the King Tiger you got from MotionRC the desert sand camo like in the pictures or is it a two tone camo like this one below?

https://www.torro-shop.de/1-16-RC-Ki...-camo-IR-Servo

Also, do you have any pictures of the whole tank?

Comment

xargsgrep We are selling the desert sand colorway, as shown on the website. We might add other colorways eventually, but details are currently undecided. As requested, here is a full view of the tank:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210721_160756.jpg
Views:	329
Size:	176.9 KB
ID:	319536

tanks for us I had the US Warehouse team open up a King Tiger off the shelf, and it doesn't have cracks. I recommend you contact the CS Team.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20210721_154134_HDR.jpg Views:	0 Size:	123.2 KB ID:	319534
            Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

from talking to Motion, et al, I'm going to glue the seams onthe KT2 cause I feel it's. more cosmetic than a functional problem

Comment

if it does get worse I'll just replace the rear plate & be done with it. ironically these 1/16 German tanks have some of the same quirks as the real ones did & have to be dealt with. tanks everyone. also the new PanzerIV is impressive. I was never a big fan of the PZIV until this one. I got the camo version, it's the best looking tank I have.

Comment

to sclui56 a little late to respond but don't be put off by my KT2 problem cause it's not such a big deal. I wondered about the bouncing barrel myself but read somewhere that this was true of the real tanks as they had some kind of floating setup. the IR sand colored version (did the Afrika Korps have these?) is cool especially the barrel recoil which matches firing timing unlike HL. even better the track recoil (ugh!) can be switched off.

Comment

The cracks actually gave me some pause. The bouncing barrel can probably be corrected if it is indeed a problem, as for the color, I am fine with that as I view these as toys and can always respray. Heck, I have accepted the HL Abrams with a much darker shade, so I am not that precise. BTW, am about to respray a Leo 2 from NATO camo into desert yellow. Thanks for the feedback though as I do want to have a KT, and I prefer the Taigens/Torros over HL.

Comment

tanks for us A friend of mine showed me the main gun bounce on his over the weekend, along with a bunch of references from different forums about how to eliminate the bounce, between bracing and geometry change. He said it is partly the flex from the top hull, and when I felt it, I was surprised by the amount of flex. While the KT's turret is quite heavy on the Torro/Taigen, it is not much different than my Leo 2's turret, yet, I haven't seen this kind of excessive bouncing on the Leo. Then again, the top hull of the Leo also didn't flex like the KT.

BYW, I also looked at his backplate, it looked perfectly fine. Must be the luck of the draw.

Comment

sclui56 probably luck of the draw (suspect rough handling--I glued it like the other--not that noticeable & works well) . The Leo2 is a much bigger and stiffer chassis. I also noticed that the desert version KT2 has the built in charger jack under the engine hatch but of course, no compatible charger came with. Like having horns on a tiger! The PanzerIV is heavier & stiff for it's size because of it's all metal chassis. No bouncing of it's gun.

Comment

Have to agree the PZ4 is one solid piece, the only issue I have is with the "leaf springs", they tend to slip off the slots every now and then, especially from backward movement on grass.

Comment

Working...
                          X