You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Henglong tiger 1 3818 6.0S aiming light for main gun.

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Henglong tiger 1 3818 6.0S aiming light for main gun.

I need info on how to hook up wiring and/or install an aiming light on my tank with 360 degrees turret rotation. There is already a light next to main gun on the inside, but it isn't doing anything. Thanks.

Regarding the light in the mantlet that doesn't do anything, that's the IR bulb, the emitter. It lights when a shot is made, but you can't see it. is that the one you're talking about?

Regarding the aiming light, are you wanting to install a laser bulb? If so, there are folks on this forum that have done so, perhaps they'll speak up. Once you get one, it'll plug into a socket on the main board. Check your manual for which socket it uses.

Earlier versions of Heng Long tanks used to have a light that went on when you fired the main gun but those were eliminated in 6.0 and maybe earlier.
    Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

There are small lasers which fit neatly into the back of the mantlet of the HL Tiger 1, shining through the hole beside the IR LED. They can be found on eBay (6mm 5V Red Laser Dot Diode Copper Head 650nm) for about £1 STG and elswhere. It's as well to order a few, as the focus can be a bit iffy, and you can choose the best one. The HL 6.0 and 6.1 MFUs do still have the 'Aiming light' (LED2 if I recall) output. The laser I fitted is now redundant as I binned the BB on my Tiger for recoil and smoke, but it still makes a nice red dot!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Laser.jpg
Views:	751
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	320556

Comment

Originally posted by Timbo68 View Post
        There are small lasers which fit neatly into the back of the mantlet of the HL Tiger 1, shining through the hole beside the IR LED. They can be found on eBay (6mm 5V Red Laser Dot Diode Copper Head 650nm) for about £1 STG and elswhere. It's as well to order a few, as the focus can be a bit iffy, and you can choose the best one. The HL 6.0 and 6.1 MFUs do still have the 'Aiming light' (LED2 if I recall) output. The laser I fitted is now redundant as I binned the BB on my Tiger for recoil and smoke, but it still makes a nice red dot!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Laser.jpg
Views:	751
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	320556
        Those can actually be focused. The front half is threaded and turns to adjust the focus. However, some batches seem to have been sprayed with clear lacquer and it seeps into the threads and keeps them from turning.

Comment

So when does the laser light up, all the time or when the cannon button is depressed, or?
          Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalBobS View Post
            So when does the laser light up, all the time or when the cannon button is depressed, or?
            Yes, exactly that.

Comment

Yup - the right hand top button on the 6.0+ HL controller switches it on when pressed and held down, so it's on when you press both buttons to fire.

Comment

Yes, that’s true. I tried many variants in a similar situation, which was helpful. A few times, I had problems with the light because it switched off randomly. I could do nothing to it. Moreover, I once even used a flashlight. Thanks to one youtube tutorial, I’ve managed to fix everything without even replacing the details. It would be too hard to find them and cost me extra money. I don’t particularly appreciate it when I have to waste money on something which doesn’t work properly. However, I should warn you that the problem may be back, and you’ll have to do the same. It happened to me again recently, but I already knew what to do

Comment

Working...
                X