X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SoCalBobS View Post

I put a couple on my tanks, interesting result. Outdoors, the light dot isn't strong enough to be visible. And, the light bulb tells your opponent where you are! Once in an outdoor battle, my adversary couldn't spot me because of my excellent camo and 100' distance, until that is I lit up to shoot at him!

This is similar to lasers on real firearms. You illuminate yourself, while you are trying to find the dot and bring it on target! This is why you don't see cops with them, except in the movies.
    Those are exactly my own findings when I put them on my tanks. Essentially useless, except in heavy overcast, very hard to align with the IR bulb and more helpful to my adversary.
    They are more helpful (when properly aligned) used on a tank firing BBs since the range is shorter and accuracy needs be more precise.

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalBobS View Post

I put a couple on my tanks, interesting result. Outdoors, the light dot isn't strong enough to be visible. And, the light bulb tells your opponent where you are! Once in an outdoor battle, my adversary couldn't spot me because of my excellent camo and 100' distance, until that is I lit up to shoot at him!

This is similar to lasers on real firearms. You illuminate yourself, while you are trying to find the dot and bring it on target! This is why you don't see cops with them, except in the movies.
      This ^^^^^^^ 👍👍.

Comment

The Merkava is a cool tank because the rear can be used to carry troops with a rear door exit or it can carry extra ammunition racks in the same space. One or the other, but not both.

Comment

Working...
        X