X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heng Long Sherman decals

I thought I saw a topic about Heng Long tank decals being a little difficult to apply?? and there were some tips? If so, please post any because of course due to my incompetence I’ve already ruined one, I followed the instructions, I cleaned the surface and waited after applying etc…the stars for the American tank is the problem, the tips of the stars are not adhering when I peel back…help lol and thanks in advance.

My understand is that the plastic surfaces on these tanks are not very friendly with the HL decals. I found a Testor glossy clear coat spray can in my paint box. I sprayed on those areas that were for the decals to be applied on. The surface then would be glossy and should be good to apply the decals on. But I have to be very careful in positioning the decal. Once it is apllied onto the surface, it would be very dificult to pull it back up for repositioning. After that I spray a layer of dullcote to reduce the glossy effect. That's my method. Hopefully someone might have a better method.

Comment

Ok, thanks…I’ll give it another try, I may just go the old water decal route and then go over that with something to protect it.

Comment

I use water slide decals or cut the star and circle out of blue tape and spraying paint on like a stencil. Paint mask insignias are also available. Both are better than HL rub and stick decals. The only things I use off the HL sheets is the ammo can stencils
        RC tank parts and accessories I make
        www.RichardSJohnson.net/id28.html

Comment

Ok, that stencil is another good option…I appreciate it

Comment

Does anybody have a good source for 1/16 water slide decals? Allied and Axis powers..

Comment

For the Allied, I got them from DAK RC.

Comment

Star Decals in Sweden (eBay) has a good selection of 1/16 decals. Shipping takes a while, though. 2 weeks +.

Edit: oops, not much allies stuff.
                Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

Working...
                X