X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heng Long Tiger 1 v7.0 sound

Hi all, I am new here and this is my first post.

I have just purchased my first RC tank, a Heng Long Tiger 1 v7.0, still coming in the mail.
    From what I have seen on the net, the 2 sounds on the tank are the Abram's and the Leopard. I think neither if these sounds is appropriate for a Tiger 1.
    I have read many posts and I am quite confused with which way to go.
    The Clark TK22 seems popular, but I can't find anywhere to buy one. The Benedini sound card sounds awesome, but again I can't find anywhere who sells them. Are these older technology and are there newer cards that have replaced them.
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.

I believe the TK22 was replaced with the TK40. Kenny at Dak RC Tanks is the distributor for Clark in the U.S..

Hope that helps.

Comment

Thanks for your reply OKC_Jim.
      I have received my HL Tiger 1. Horrid sounds.
      I have now ordered a Elmod Fusion Pro, Visaton FRS8 and a Turnigy X9 8ch. See how it all goes.

Comment

East coast rc tanks customization with hobby grade elctronics and realistic paint and weathering. Everything from world war II tanks and vehicles to modern day tanks

carries the Elmod boards here in the US. Elmod boards have a great selection of tank sounds:
        M1 Abrams
        Sd.Kfz. 184 Elefant
        FlakPz Gepard
        Sd.Kfz. 173 Jagdpanther
        KV-1
        Leopard I
        Leopard II
        Leopard II by madmike69
        Sturmpanzer VI
        Flakpanzer IV Kugelblitz
        M4 Sherman
        M113 APC
        Flakpanzer IV Möbelwagen
        Panzer V Panther
        Panzer V Panther by madmike69
        Jagdpanther
        Jagdpanther by madmike69
        JS2 by madmike69
        M26 Pershing
        Pz.Kpfw. III
        StuG III
        StuG III by madmike69
        Pz.Kpfw. IV
        Pz.Kpfw. IV Ausf. G Munster by madmike69
        SU-85/100
        T-34/85
        T-55
        T-72 by madmike69
        T-90 by madmike69
        T-90A
        Panzer VI Tiger
        Panzer VI Tiger Bovington by madmike69
        Jagdtiger
        Panzer VI TigerII
        Panzer VII Tiger Samur by madmike69
        Panzer 38(t)
        Jagdpanzer 38 Hetzer
        Challenger 2
        Chieftain by madmike 69

Ford A/T-Model (Legacy)
        Sd.Kfz. 222 (Legacy)
        Sd.Kfz. 223 (Legacy)
        Sd.Kfz. 234/1
        Sd.Kfz. 234/2
        Sd.Kfz. 234/3
        Sd.Kfz. 234/4
        Kübelwagen
        3-To LKW Diesel
        Sd.Kfz. 9 Famo (Legacy)

Their boards let you tie the sound to what the vehicle is doing. So if sitting still with engine on, it idles. Start moving it revs up, etc. The boards are a bit pricey but if you want the model to sound good, have inertia, etc they are great.

Comment

Yes the Elmod Fusion Pro was pricey, but from what I have seen and read it seems worth the outlay. The HL Tiger TK7 only has Leopard and Abrams sounds. Neither is satisfactory.
          I'm really looking forward to updating the electronics and then painting and weathering.

Comment

Ozzybulldog, keep us updated on your install of the Elmod. I'm curious to hear about the amount of work.

Thanks!

Comment

Will do. I think programing the tx may be the most challenging.

Comment

I have now installed the Elmod Fusion Pro. What can I say, simply outstanding. Great, easy to follow instructions. All the tank movements are far superior to HL and the sound, wow. I am using the Tiger Ver 1 sound with the Bovington gun elevation wav and the user sounds from the Bovington.
                I'm so pleased I bit the bullet and paid the $$ for the Elmod. Thanks Mark from Ozarmour.

Comment

I received my Turnigy 9X. Unfortunately, unknown to my the radio as standard is useless for tanks. I connected it up and my tank went nuts. The firmware in the 9X apparently needs flashing to er9X. I'm not sure whether hardware mods are required.
                  It's a thumbs down for Turnigy 9X from me.

I've heard good things about the Radiomaster TX16. Any thoughts or other recommendations that don't require flashing or hardware mods?

Thanks all.

Comment

Originally posted by Ozzybulldog View Post
                    I received my Turnigy 9X. Unfortunately, unknown to my the radio as standard is useless for tanks. I connected it up and my tank went nuts. The firmware in the 9X apparently needs flashing to er9X. I'm not sure whether hardware mods are required.
                    It's a thumbs down for Turnigy 9X from me.

I've heard good things about the Radiomaster TX16. Any thoughts or other recommendations that don't require flashing or hardware mods?

Thanks all.
                    I use a TX16s and recently switched to a Frsky X20s, totally unnecessary but I have it so I gave it a spin. If you don't want to hassle much with FW and flashing, might want to try a Flysky FS- i6S

Comment

Thanks sclui56. I'm currently using Turnigy TGY-i6. It works perfectly but only has 6 channels. To get full functionality out of the Elmod Fusion Pro you need 8 channels.
                      I'll save for a TX16s.
                      Thanks for all the good advice.

Comment

Ozzy, good luck. I do like the use of OpenTX, especially with the desktop companion. I find that very useful in replicating and testing different models. I tend to stick with the same Rx's so once I got the channel order and stick modes set and successfully programmed the initial model to how I wanted, it is quite simple to replicate and modify, but you would need to deal with evolving F/W. In its current version, the touch screen is non-functional, but there is a branch of OTx (Edge) that has made that a reality.

Some people here https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...Owner-s-Thread reported gimbal drift under extreme weather, but they are also dealing with flights, drifts are common in our surface vehicles so not a concern IMHO. I also see that RadioMaster has increased the price, like everything else. The only negative I find in the TX16s is its scroll wheel, I experienced some slippage as well as over-shooting at times.

Comment

at least you have sound. mine went out on the third day i owned it. HL sux.

Comment

Originally posted by robert1488 View Post
                            at least you have sound. mine went out on the third day i owned it. HL sux.
                            You’re the very rare exception. The vast majority of HL owners have no such issue. HL 6.0 and above have an excellent track record of working well.

Comment

i bought two HL tanks a week apart and the both got sent back. i barely used them, only lightly in the driveway and problems galore.

Comment

i bought two HL tanks a week apart and the both got sent back. i barely used them, only lightly in the driveway and problems galore.
                                Then your expectations are way to high. No tank is perfect and being unwilling to learn to trouble shoot or fix minor issues will only lead you to being frustrated.

HL tanks are by far the easiest tanks to work on and replace parts. If you can turn a screwdriver and 3mm Allen wrench, unplug some wires, then you can fix anything that goes wrong. But you have to be willing to do so. Sounds like you are not and that’s ok. But its a lot more time and effort to send a tank back once you see just how easy HL tanks are to work on.

Comment

it is unrealistic to have to fix something that comes off the shelf a few times a month for a 5-10 minute run, and by run i mean go forward, turn, show off the 360 turret, fire the gun, and then turn it off.
                                  i still might be into trying out a Torro pro edition, but as of yet no one has any info on one. the Torro has the easy access to the inside, and that i can deal with if i had to, but from day one?
                                  i really want to buy one, someone tell me their honest opinion on a Torro tank-pro edition. can it handle a test run every few weeks? it is a tank.....

Comment

it is unrealistic to have to fix something that comes off the shelf a few times a month for a 5-10 minute run, and by run i mean go forward, turn, show off the 360 turret, fire the gun, and then turn it off.
                                    i still might be into trying out a Torro pro edition, but as of yet no one has any info on one. the Torro has the easy access to the inside, and that i can deal with if i had to, but from day one?
                                    i really want to buy one, someone tell me their honest opinion on a Torro tank-pro edition. can it handle a test run every few weeks? it is a tank.....
                                    From years of experience I can tell you with certainty you will need to work on a Torro tank far more then the current HL tanks. With Torro you are buying more metal but that does not equal a more reliable tank.

Comment

ok. i think i have enough. i need to find some other hobby to keep me amused. thanks for getting back to me. i'm over 50 years old and i dont even break down from a walk down my driveway.

Comment

Wow, you must have the worst luck. Never had any of my 19 HL tanks break down immediately out of the box. Sorry for your bad experience.
                                        Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

Working...
                                        X