X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by robert1488 View Post
    ok. i think i have enough. i need to find some other hobby to keep me amused. thanks for getting back to me. i'm over 50 years old and i dont even break down from a walk down my driveway.
    I have 40 HL and 10 Toro/Taigen tanks. I am happy with each tank the way I received them. My expectation is not high. They worked fine when I bought them too. And then I decided to open them up and changed so many things inside that took too much of my free times, lol.

I used to build static 1/35, 1/25 and 1/15, 1/16 and 1/6 tanks. Then it did not seem fun if they were just sitting there. I moved my interest up to RC tanks. Then again it did not seem fun if they were not able to shoot and knock out each other. So I converted many of my tanks into IR battle tanks. Now I am feeling better and amused :-)

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_E0320A.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	142.3 KB
ID:	349087

Comment

The Taigen mostly metal (tracks, wheels, sprockets, idler, lower hull, turret) T34/85 is a very reliable tank. I've run mine hard and it's never thrown a track.

Comment

I have had the HL Sherman and Tiger 1 with metal upgrade for two years with little to no problems. Both have had idler wheel work and continue to battle on. Frankly that Sherman 105 is a beast.

My Taigen 76(W) has stretched track but holds it together. The Taigen KT is a monster and at this time, no issues. My next will the HL M26. I have the HL Panzer IV project and a Taigen 76(W) BB turrent and upper hull but lack the lower. Thinking of parting with the Taigen 76 project to finance the M26.

End of day, my HL experience has been great. Even the Taigen has problems now and again. Like a fellow tanker told me once. "These tanks mimic the maintenance needs of the actual armor in the field." Click image for larger version  Name:	67820029224--00737AD1-A886-4B9C-9D3B-030688FAE0DC.jpg Views:	0 Size:	252.6 KB ID:	349130

Comment

I think we can all agree the OP want's a zero problem, zero maintenance item. I don't know of any brand tank that meets that 100%.

Comment

Originally posted by Evan D View Post
            I think we can all agree the OP want's a zero problem, zero maintenance item. I don't know of any brand tank that meets that 100%.
            Me either. If you run these tanks, they will require tinkering. Most of my tanks are HEAVILY modified and run out doors in the dirt so I expect things to get loose and need to be fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by tank_me View Post
              The Taigen mostly metal (tracks, wheels, sprockets, idler, lower hull, turret) T34/85 is a very reliable tank. I've run mine hard and it's never thrown a track.
              The Taigen/Torro T34 does run great, once I have fixed the issue with the lower hull where one of the side plastic panels cracked. That's probably one of the weaker spot on this sample from Taigen, the plastic side hulls are attached to the metal tub with screws, except the swing arms are mounted only to the plastic side pieces and not supported through the metal tub, so when the road wheels are preloaded, one can easily see the stress separation of the side plastic pieces against the metal tub. And while there is better support behind the adjustable idler in the current revision, that's also an area subject to stress.

I had a hard time sourcing the 2 pieces of plastic sides since they are not separate parts from the manufacturer, the entire lower hull is sold with gearbox. Once I got the replacement plastics, I ended up attaching them to the metal tub using epoxy and original screws, took away the flexing issue immediately.

Comment

Working...
              X