Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heng Long TK-6.0(s) (and other) outputs

Hi folks,

I've been pondering several upgrades to some of of my tanks, varying from extra lights to other "gimmicks", and I figured it would be prudent to figure out what the various sockets are putting out.

I started with the TK-6.0S in my Sherman/Firefly for starters, because I've got that one opened up on the workbench.
    Just used my old multimeter and ran the functions while taking readings. Some results may not be all that precise, as my multimeter is old and thus slow. Some things only gave short outputs and I had to test multiple times (like LED1) and I noted the highest output from those multiple results. When I get back to work I will grab my work multimeter and get better results.

Heng Long TK-6.OS outputs. Base Voltage; 7.6Volts from a 2S LiPo
    • CN2 - Radiator Fan - 7.5 Volts. On with Main Switch - When Main Switch is turned Off the voltage drops to 3.5 Volts and after over a period of a minute drops to 0 Volts
    • CN3 - Turret Turning - 5.8 Volts. O Volts until you work the stick to turn the turret. Polarity depends on the direction.
    • CN4 - Cannon Lifting - 5.8 Volts. 0 Volts until you work the stick to lower or raise the gun. Polarity depends on the direction.
    • CN5 - WiFi power - 5.9 Volts. Standard set to O Volts, switchable from the remote (Button [G] + [S])
    • CN6 - TRigger - Normal Open contact used by the BB gun.
    • CN10 - BB Launch System - 7 Volts output on triggering the BB Gun
    • CN11 - Heating Wire (Smoker Unit) - 5.8 Volts. On with Button [S]
    • CN12 - Smoke Generator (Smoker Fan) - 3.5 Volts ramping up to 5.8 Volts, directly proportional with the throttle.
    • CN15 - Infrared Emitter - 1.3 Volts on shot.
    • CN16 - Infrared Receiver - 3.2 Volts out from leads marked + (positive) and - (negative)
    • LED1 - Launch Flashing Light - 5.3 Volts when the BB gun fires to facilitate "Muzzle Flash" (Not sure about the internal programming or triggering sequence tho. Can someone enlighten me?)
    • LED2 - Aiming Light - 5.3 Volts when using the BB trigger on the remote.
    • LED3 - Taillights - 5.3 Volts
    • LED4 - Headlights - 5.3 Volts
    • LED5 - Machine Gun flashing light - 1.2 to 2.0 Volts. intermittent output to facilitate the "flashing"
    • LED6 - Brake lights - 3.2 Volts. A 1.5 second output when the tank stops after moving forwards or backwards
    • LED7 - Left Signal - 3.2 Volts. Intermittent "blinking" output on Left Turn
    • LED8 - Right Signal - 3.2 Volts. Intermittent "blinking" output on Right Turn

Now, There is always a chance I missed some things or misinterpreted some results. But feel free to enlighten me and make this list more accurate. As soon as I start working on my Leopard or Panzer IV I will interrogate the TK-7.0 in those.

TTFN,
    Rob
    Sherman M4A3 105mm Houwitser / Sherman Firefly IC *under construction* / Panzer IV *awaiting side-grade from TK7.0S to TK6.0S* / Stug III / King Tiger / KV-1 *awaiting upgrade to TK6.0S* / Tiger I / T34-85 / Leopard 2A6 *waiting upgrade to TK7.0*... No, I do not have a problem....

Originally posted by Rob1970 View Post
    Hi folks,

I've been pondering several upgrades to some of of my tanks, varying from extra lights to other "gimmicks", and I figured it would be prudent to figure out what the various sockets are putting out.

I started with the TK-6.0S in my Sherman/Firefly for starters, because I've got that one opened up on the workbench.
    Just used my old multimeter and ran the functions while taking readings. Some results may not be all that precise, as my multimeter is old and thus slow. Some things only gave short outputs and I had to test multiple times (like LED1) and I noted the highest output from those multiple results. When I get back to work I will grab my work multimeter and get better results.

Heng Long TK-6.OS outputs. Base Voltage; 7.6Volts from a 2S LiPo
    • CN2 - Radiator Fan - 7.5 Volts. On with Main Switch - When Main Switch is turned Off the voltage drops to 3.5 Volts and after over a period of a minute drops to 0 Volts
    • CN3 - Turret Turning - 5.8 Volts. O Volts until you work the stick to turn the turret. Polarity depends on the direction.
    • CN4 - Cannon Lifting - 5.8 Volts. 0 Volts until you work the stick to lower or raise the gun. Polarity depends on the direction.
    • CN5 - WiFi power - 5.9 Volts. Standard set to O Volts, switchable from the remote (Button [G] + [S])
    • CN6 - TRigger - Normal Open contact used by the BB gun.
    • CN10 - BB Launch System - 7 Volts output on triggering the BB Gun
    • CN11 - Heating Wire (Smoker Unit) - 5.8 Volts. On with Button [S]
    • CN12 - Smoke Generator (Smoker Fan) - 3.5 Volts ramping up to 5.8 Volts, directly proportional with the throttle.
    • CN15 - Infrared Emitter - 1.3 Volts on shot.
    • CN16 - Infrared Receiver - 3.2 Volts out from leads marked + (positive) and - (negative)
    • LED1 - Launch Flashing Light - 5.3 Volts when the BB gun fires to facilitate "Muzzle Flash" (Not sure about the internal programming or triggering sequence tho. Can someone enlighten me?)
    • LED2 - Aiming Light - 5.3 Volts when using the BB trigger on the remote.
    • LED3 - Taillights - 5.3 Volts
    • LED4 - Headlights - 5.3 Volts
    • LED5 - Machine Gun flashing light - 1.2 to 2.0 Volts. intermittent output to facilitate the "flashing"
    • LED6 - Brake lights - 3.2 Volts. A 1.5 second output when the tank stops after moving forwards or backwards
    • LED7 - Left Signal - 3.2 Volts. Intermittent "blinking" output on Left Turn
    • LED8 - Right Signal - 3.2 Volts. Intermittent "blinking" output on Right Turn

Now, There is always a chance I missed some things or misinterpreted some results. But feel free to enlighten me and make this list more accurate. As soon as I start working on my Leopard or Panzer IV I will interrogate the TK-7.0 in those.

TTFN,
    Rob
    Already a few thread with this information but you did a good job with yours. The HL manual has a nice schematic of what all the slots are for but not their power outputs. Thanks for adding to the pool of information here on HS.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubicon99 View Post

Already a few thread with this information but you did a good job with yours. The HL manual has a nice schematic of what all the slots are for but not their power outputs. Thanks for adding to the pool of information here on HS.
      Yeah, I found a lot of schematics but nothing with the power outputs. Weird thing is the outputs for the front and rear LEDs. I suspect the outputs are rather high for the LEDs used. The typical voltage for LEDs varies per colour, and are no where near the 5.3 Volts I measured. Normal for 5mm (and 3mm LEDs for that matter is;

White: 3.0V-3.2V
      Red: 1.9V-2.1V
      Yellow: 1.9V-2.1V
      Green: 1.9V-2.1V
      Blue: 3.0V-3.2V
      Orange: 2.0V-2.2V

So unless HL has got a stock of White and Red LEDs that will happily run off 5.3 Volts and not blow... Or are there resistors inside the MFU on those LED ports? I noticed the ports for the brake lights and indicators deliver a much lower 3.2 Volts.
      Sherman M4A3 105mm Houwitser / Sherman Firefly IC *under construction* / Panzer IV *awaiting side-grade from TK7.0S to TK6.0S* / Stug III / King Tiger / KV-1 *awaiting upgrade to TK6.0S* / Tiger I / T34-85 / Leopard 2A6 *waiting upgrade to TK7.0*... No, I do not have a problem....

Comment

I understand your post was a while ago but can I ask you a question regarding the LED5 MACHINE GUN FLASH output, does it need to be programmed in any way, because mine seems to be in sync with LED4 Headlights output

Comment

Originally posted by MyPanzer0425 View Post
          I understand your post was a while ago but can I ask you a question regarding the LED5 MACHINE GUN FLASH output, does it need to be programmed in any way, because mine seems to be in sync with LED4 Headlights output
          There's no programming involved that I am aware of. It just does what it does. Maybe you have a wire crossed or touching? Heng Long is not the best at insulating wires or the long leads of the LEDS. Maybe the lead of the MG is touching the lead of the head light.

As you can see in this HL Sherman, they like to leave them bare...

Click image for larger version

Name:	fetch?id=317602&d=1625395313.jpg
Views:	649
Size:	106.8 KB
ID:	352470

Comment

Hi Thanks for your response however I have now removed the machine gun from the tank but left it plugged into the 6.0MFU and the same thing occurs, I will try the machine gun without the headlight plug in the LED4 connection and see if that makes a difference, but i'm thinking my 6.0 MFU must be faulty

Comment

Working...
            X