X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heng long Sherman

Can I add a long barrel to my 1/16 Heng long Sherman?

You sure can. I did :-) It recoils too.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7937.jpg
Views:	985
Size:	157.0 KB
ID:	327078

Comment

The panther barrel stuck in a howitzer Sherman makes my soul shudder.
      But it’s your tank…
      RC tank parts and accessories I make
      www.RichardSJohnson.net/id28.html

Comment

Mine needled you a bit at the field, eh? Lol.
        Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

Originally posted by RichJohnson View Post
          The panther barrel stuck in a howitzer Sherman makes my soul shudder.
          But it’s your tank…
          And Toucan Hobbies tricked me by stating that it was the Fury barrel. I guess I have to search for the correct 76mm barrel to replace it :-(

Comment

Dave, a Fella makes 76mm barrels but remember the turret on the henglong is a howitzer turret. It has the wrong mantlet entirely for a longer barrel. You could make a better swap out to a firefly barrel. The mantlet the Britts used was different but looked closer to the howitzer one on the heng long. I hate that vendors advertise that pantiger barrel as Fury just to sell them.
            Heck it would look better if you just cut the german muzzle brake off the end.

Comment

I see that the more I learn, the more it shows that I know too little :-) Thank you Rich!

Comment

It is quite obvious when putting the two next to each other to see differences in turrets, barrels, and muzzle breaks. I take the muzzle break out at this time to make it looks a little non-German :-)

Name:	IMG_7943.jpg
Views:	904
Size:	195.5 KB
ID:	327227

Comment

Realistically the howitzer mantle, that holds the barrel, would never fit a longer barrel.
                  the 75mm Sherman has a barrel that is narrower but longer than the 105 howitzer but it has a different mantlet as well.
                  I suspect people are just tired of only having the howitzer turret on henglong tanks.
                  you could fit a different manufacturers turret for an accurate 75mm if you want to do some bashing but the only long barrel that was in a round turret was the Britts Firefly barrel. You could convert your tank to a firefly with some work.

Comment

Realistically the howitzer mantle, that holds the barrel, would never fit a longer barrel.
                    the 75mm Sherman has a barrel that is narrower but longer than the 105 howitzer but it has a different mantlet as well.
                    I suspect people are just tired of only having the howitzer turret on henglong tanks.
                    you could fit a different manufacturers turret for an accurate 75mm if you want to do some bashing but the only long barrel that was in a round turret was the Britts Firefly barrel. You could convert your tank to a firefly with some work.
                    So may I ask does the Torro/Taigen M4A3 75mm short barrel tank have the right turret for that short barrel?

Comment

Yes the taigen / Torro is a proper 75mm. But the turret ring is bigger than henglong.
                      I think the mato 75mm turret is the same hull ring as the henglong size, but I’m not sure. I have never bought a mato turret, just the chassis.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/26519947774...ampid%3APL_CLK

Comment

Yes the taigen / Torro is a proper 75mm. But the turret ring is bigger than henglong.
                        I think the mato 75mm turret is the same hull ring as the henglong size, but I’m not sure. I have never bought a mato turret, just the chassis.
                        Hi Richard! Can you clear up this HL M4 issue for me? Is the turret on the HL Sherman the correct size for the 105mm howitzer? I would like to know if the HL M4A3 has the right size turret :-)

Here is the picture I have of the 75mm short barrel Taigen M4 (left) and the HL 105mm M4 (right). I measured and I think the HL turret is a little bit bigger (1/16 inch)

Name:	IMG_8273.JPG
Views:	789
Size:	148.7 KB
ID:	329962

Comment

Both Taigen and Henglong have fudged the dimensions a little on ther turrets and gun mounts and barrels to allow for the airsoft systems. But, I would venture a guess the turrets are probably pretty close to height and width of scale.

Comment

I have just converted this Henglong BB tank into the IR battle tank with the LegoDEI system. It also has the 75mm short barrel and the storage bin at the rear of the turret. This tank will be used as a loan tank for our guests at the LA battle field :-)

Name:	IMG_0238.JPG
Views:	673
Size:	131.8 KB
ID:	346345Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0240.JPG
Views:	661
Size:	148.6 KB
ID:	346346

Comment

Name:	IMG_0242.JPG
Views:	646
Size:	78.3 KB
ID:	346348Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0241.JPG
Views:	635
Size:	145.7 KB
ID:	346349

Comment

Name:	IMG-6644.jpg
Views:	647
Size:	184.7 KB
ID:	346352Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-6640.jpg
Views:	651
Size:	147.4 KB
ID:	346353Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-6642.jpg
Views:	639
Size:	168.3 KB
ID:	346354Nice Sherman's. Here's a repeat of mine.

Comment

Question for the tankers. Will a Taigen 76 turret fit the HL 105? Thanks

Comment

No, the taigen shermans have a bigger turret ring than the henglong sherman.
                                    I would suggest buying the taigen hull as well as the turret and mate it onto the henglong chassis. Or just save up and buy the taigen tank. They are way better than the HL any way.

Comment

Thanks Rich. Turns out I actually have a Taigen upper .After your reply I double checked. Bought it before prices went crazy. I thought it was a HL upper. Hahahaha! Taigen used to have a good price on the lower all metal complete. Missed that window.

Comment

I have about 3 extra M1919 MGs. Does anyone know where on my Sherman, M41, or M26 that I can put them on as a second machine gun? All my tanks already have the M2 MGs. Thank you!

Name:	IMG_0281A.jpg
Views:	593
Size:	80.7 KB
ID:	346552

Name:	IMG_8707.JPG
Views:	586
Size:	140.2 KB
ID:	346553

Comment

Working...