X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 16 (I guess?)

Happy Birthday to meeeeeee! Maybe a bit early, but I needed a bit of "Retail Therapy"...

And it was a pretty good bargain, about €20 cheaper then I saw it anywhere else....

Ta-daaah!! It's a nice big box...

...and soooo many parts! Making it RC is going to be a fun challenge, especially since I want to try and do it without buying one of the RC-conversion kits. I do like a challenge.

TTFN,
    Rob
    Sherman M4A3 105mm Houwitser / Sherman Firefly IC *under construction* / Panzer IV *awaiting side-grade from TK7.0S to TK6.0S* / Stug III / King Tiger / KV-1 *awaiting upgrade to TK6.0S* / Tiger I / T34-85 / Leopard 2A6 *waiting upgrade to TK7.0*... No, I do not have a problem....

I've got a couple Takom Mk20 and TOW Wiesel kits, the hulls are a little narrow for the gearboxes I wanted to use..
    I had been eyeballing the Classy M5 for a build... if you don't mind, could you please post the width of the hull?

Comment

Originally posted by Kurtz View Post
      I've got a couple Takom Mk20 and TOW Wiesel kits, the hulls are a little narrow for the gearboxes I wanted to use..
      I had been eyeballing the Classy M5 for a build... if you don't mind, could you please post the width of the hull?
      Here ya go... about 86mm.

Just to give you an idea; the Heng Long Sherman M4A3 hull is only 10mm wider at the front where the gearboxes sit. If I could find a couple of motors that are 10 to 15mm shorter I could pop in Stug III or Sherman gearboxes.
      Sherman M4A3 105mm Houwitser / Sherman Firefly IC *under construction* / Panzer IV *awaiting side-grade from TK7.0S to TK6.0S* / Stug III / King Tiger / KV-1 *awaiting upgrade to TK6.0S* / Tiger I / T34-85 / Leopard 2A6 *waiting upgrade to TK7.0*... No, I do not have a problem....

Comment

Thank you sir!

I bought a couple planetary gearboxes off amazon... they look like they will work with a HL Sherman width hull, anything narrower and it's gonna be pretty tight..

When I get home I'll tear down one of the planetary boxes and measure the 'short' motors shaft and mounting... may boltup to a Sherman or Stug box and narrow the width..

Comment

I’m working on my m5 right now with the RC kit. Aside from the turret parts and transmissions provided, there isn’t much included to do the suspension and bogies, just springs and brackets, the bogies are going to be very delicate sadly. New 3d printed bogies would be the optimum choice for this but that was not offered.
          RC tank parts and accessories I make
          www.RichardSJohnson.net/id28.html

Comment

I also have my M5 that I did not have to build, but I think mine is off the scale. In term of scale, it is missing a number "1" in front of the number "6", lol. If I remember correctly, I got this 1/6 scale tank 18 years ago. It is still running (with a new battery....of course )

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8100A.jpg
Views:	280
Size:	230.0 KB
ID:	328401

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8090A.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	126.5 KB
ID:	328402

Comment

Nice... don't think I should start bringing 1/6 scale tanks home tho... I kinda like to eat solids.

Comment

The classy 1/16 M5 suspension is very delicate. I am just about done with converting the bogies to operation. The instructions in the Rc35 brand rc adapter kit showed to cut the bogie arms and basically use one side only while the other free floats. This is the single biggest issue with the actual kit. As fancy and detailed as it is, the made the bogie arms formed together rather than a forward and aft arms separately. Very sad for a model of this quality and cost. This a process of using only the inside or outside bogie arm to support the wheels will be the weak point for sure. Along with the poor design of the track guide teeth. I am pretty good at this stuff but I have my doubts as to how well this model will hold up for driving outdoors let alone be able to participate in a battle. We will see.

Comment

Originally posted by RichJohnson View Post
                  I am pretty good at this stuff but I have my doubts as to how well this model will hold up for driving outdoors let alone be able to participate in a battle. We will see.
                  It'd be nice to battle with these conversions, but I don't think that was 35rc's intent. Even if they were engineered to battle, the plastic they're made from wouldn't last long. Static to r/c conversion in my mind is for fun driving around the living room floor, or showing off with limited runs between battles. We can hope, maybe some day.....
                  Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

I got one of the planetary gearboxes tore down to check the motor.. shaft size is the same diameter, the mounting pattern is about 6mm bigger (same size screws).. what is attractive is the can length.. 20mm vs. 38mm.. if the mounting could be overcome the gearboxes could really be squeezed together..

Comment

I think this path has a lot of potential. Please keep us posted I knew there was a reason I save my pinion puller

Comment

I will take a picture of the transmissions that came in my kit, you should be able to find something similar to them.

Comment

What is the top RPM output we would be looking for? Because frankly €13 including shipping per engine ain't that bad... https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002922632429.html

Edit; Or even cheaper, €9, free shipping... https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33054497997.html

Click image for larger version  Name:	Opera Momentopname_2021-10-31_194603_nl.aliexpress.com.png Views:	0 Size:	158.9 KB ID:	328654

Comment

Working...
                          X