Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh! the side skirts from Germany cost $55. The instruction on this one was also terrible. Very limited info on where the parts needed to be glued on. Not a lot of pictures either.

Comment

I want to have a panzer IV similar to the 12th SS panzer division. These are what I base my paint scheme on:

Click image for larger version

Name:	19A.png
Views:	354
Size:	436.4 KB
ID:	331543Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8475.jpg
Views:	331
Size:	218.9 KB
ID:	331544

Comment

The skirts installation part is done. The tank will be sent to the paint shop tomorrow.

Name:	IMG_8476.jpg
Views:	322
Size:	153.9 KB
ID:	331568

Comment

Compressor broke down. I think I abused it too much. I went on Ebay to bought another one. No paint work on tanks for at least a week. For now, I just want to share my thought about RCtank.de. The communication went very well. The help in reducing the VAT fee was great. The shipping fee was supper high for just a small box under 2 pounds ($55). I ordered 4 side skirt kits for my stug III, panzer III, panzer IV, jagdpanther, a few accessories and figures. All the side skirt kits arrived without instruction or list of parts included. I had to email them and requested for the instructions. When I received them, they did not provide the list of parts I was supposed to receive. I had no idea of what I was getting or how many parts in my kits. The person who put together the items for the kits accidentally put extra parts into 2 of my kits. This created more confusion. Without the list of the amount of parts that were needed to work on the kit, I had no way of knowing if it was the extra part or if it was the main part. The instruction was also uncleared. I did not know what to do with some of the parts or where they supposed to go. For some parts, they did not provide exact location to glue them on the tank. I don't like the fact that I spent more time than I had too :-( Oh well! Nobody (retailer) is perfect.

Comment

DavidN, sorry to hear about the order from Dominique, aside from the shipping cost (which I knew going in), he has been quite responsive in my case as well. BTW, my compressor gave up couple months ago, and instead of getting another hobby unit that is loud, I decided to go with a regular compressor, I ended up getting a 2 gallon 1.2 HP unit from HF, removed secondary QC outlet, added moisture trap + secondary reg and have never looked back, this thing is so quiet for indoor use.

There's also a smaller 1 gallon unit, could have gotten that as well but it was not in stock.

Name:	20211205_113827.jpg
Views:	316
Size:	161.9 KB
ID:	331694
            Attached Files

Comment

I will swing by HF this week to check it out. Thank you for sharing!

Comment

With the dimensions from the side skirts I bought, I am able to make two sets for my other panthers for practically nothing :-)

Name:	E774F0E4-2803-4274-A221-CD7C4F356CF0.jpeg
Views:	311
Size:	153.7 KB
ID:	331759

Comment

These are the 2 I am working on. These two are lucky, lol.

Name:	9DAC5611-3DF2-44E4-809F-C937ECABBB5D.jpeg
Views:	496
Size:	156.1 KB
ID:	331761

Comment

Hey David show us how that would be great

Comment

Originally posted by Vaseline View Post
                      Hey David show us how that would be great
                      They have10 pieces of plastics measured 39mm X 78mm. 6 pieces have the 'C shape' cut at the upper right ends and the backward "C" at the upper left ends. 4 pieces have only "C shape" cut at 1 end and a little rectangular hole in the middle. Sorry I didn't take picture of those skirts. They have 12 of the little hooks (see pic) that needed to be glued to the side of the tank so that the skirts would be hung onto. The skirts are to be overlapped as 1st over 2nd, 2nd over 3rd and so on (see pic from left to right). Then they have the little rectangular plastic washers to secure the skirts from the outside. From the picture, that is how they look. For your information, RCtank.de did not provide instruction for this kit. He just sent me 3 finished pictures.

Name:	IMG_8495A.jpg
Views:	453
Size:	212.8 KB
ID:	331797

Name:	IMG_8496.jpg
Views:	472
Size:	122.4 KB
ID:	331796

Comment

When I made for my own, I just cut out 10 pieces of thin plastic with those same measurements. I want them to be held stronger so to be able to hold up with the the outdoor ride. I glued a long piece of styrene rod on first before gluing those 5 skirts on. That way the skirts would be further out to the side away from the touching the tracks. The way they had, each skirt was quite loose, and might fall off during the ride. Then I cut 6 little rectangular pieces for each side and glued them on to make them look like the hooks. That's my lazy way but I feel it's stronger.

Name:	IMG_8497.jpg
Views:	289
Size:	127.3 KB
ID:	331799

Comment

Thanks that is helpful. Nice work!

Comment

Originally posted by sclui56 View Post
                            DavidN, sorry to hear about the order from Dominique, aside from the shipping cost (which I knew going in), he has been quite responsive in my case as well. BTW, my compressor gave up couple months ago, and instead of getting another hobby unit that is loud, I decided to go with a regular compressor, I ended up getting a 2 gallon 1.2 HP unit from HF, removed secondary QC outlet, added moisture trap + secondary reg and have never looked back, this thing is so quiet for indoor use.

There's also a smaller 1 gallon unit, could have gotten that as well but it was not in stock.
                            I went to HF and checked out the compressor. It was quite heavy and big for me. I don't have much room in my garage to put it. Thank you for your concern :-)

Comment

I got this little one for $85.00 on Ebay

Name:	Compressor.png
Views:	285
Size:	585.3 KB
ID:	332031

Comment

Should be just fine David.

Comment

Here is the result from it....

Name:	IMG_8502.jpg
Views:	282
Size:	171.3 KB
ID:	332034

Name:	IMG_8501A.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	170.7 KB
ID:	332035

Comment

The installation side skirts work on the Panzer IV is done. I will just play this one indoor since all the pieces are hanging loosely on those hooks. For it to be ridden outdoor, I will probably have to glue them.

Name:	IMG_8514A.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	152.6 KB
ID:	332276

Name:	IMG_8512A.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	179.5 KB
ID:	332277

Name:	IMG_8511A.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	164.1 KB
ID:	332278

Comment

Name:	IMG_8515A.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	152.7 KB
ID:	332280

Name:	IMG_8521A.jpg
Views:	252
Size:	149.5 KB
ID:	332281

Name:	IMG_8516A.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	182.0 KB
ID:	332282

Comment

In this last picture, I captured the red flash from the muzzle brake when it was fired. Kinda small since the tube in new metal Ausf. G long barrel I bought is very narrow. I could only squeeze the little LED machine gun light through instead of the regular 5mm white light bulb.

Name:	IMG_E8534.JPG
Views:	262
Size:	80.7 KB
ID:	332286

Comment

The finished work on the super cheap side skirts installation on my panther.

Name:	IMG_8617A.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	201.2 KB
ID:	333082

Name:	IMG_8616.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	179.9 KB
ID:	333083

Comment

Working...