X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tamiya M4 Sherman

I have HL Shermans and I also have Taigen/Toro Shermans. All my Sherman tanks have small tracks with those single road wheels. The Tamiya Sherman is so nice in term that it has those wide tracks with double road wheels. I would like to own a world war II one. Does anyone know where I can get an RC one at the 3 digit price ? Much obliged!

EBay has number of them in the three digit range. Just will not be the newer version. More like the 1970s version. Why? Because the Tamiya Sherman has been discontinued and the newer ones are highly sought after which equals a high price tag.

Comment

Ebay and swapmeets, thats where I look for them. But you need to learn the differences. There are 4 versions of the tamiya sherman. The first was driven like your leopard, with one motor and servo clutches to steer. The second was called the computerized sherman and had a programmer to make the tank do a series of straight and turns in a pattern you pre set. It has cheesy hobby motors in it. The 3d was the DMD sherman with an early 2 channel drive only DMD unit.
      All 3 of these shermans do not have a way to operate the turret or do any battle operation. They just drive around. They also do not have bearings in the wheels, the wheels just push onto the cast axles and eventualy wear out.
      The last version is called the full option which is what people are used to seeing as a modern model from tamiya. Full tank operation and option to plug the IR battle system into the MFU.
      The kit has bushings to install in the wheels but can be upgraded at the time of building with ball bearings, highly recommended to do this. The Super Sherman is also this style.

Hope this helps your search for a tamiya sherman.
      RC tank parts and accessories I make
      www.RichardSJohnson.net/id28.html

Comment

Thank you both. Your posts are so informative. I will copy these info and save them for me to review when I bump into one in my search.

Comment

I finished my search. I finally have my own RC Tamiya HVSS M4 Sherman. It is very old. It has many parts missing. I will be busy these next few weeks to make it nicer. I am a happy tanker still. Now I have a tank to put my yellow stars decals on :-)

image widget

Comment

Originally posted by DavidN View Post
            I finished my search. I finally have my own RC Tamiya HVSS M4 Sherman. It is very old. It has many parts missing. I will be busy these next few weeks to make it nicer. I am a happy tanker still. Now I have a tank to put my yellow stars decals on :-)

image widget
            How old of M4? The old ones are nothing like the newer ones so don’t judge the Tamiya M4 as all the same because they are not.

Comment

The Tamiya trademark imprinted inside the upper hull shows the year 1974 :-) I can use my transmitter to run it. The turret turns, the gun elevates, and machine gun fires.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidN View Post
                The Tamiya trademark imprinted inside the upper hull shows the year 1974 :-) I can use my transmitter to run it. The turret turns, the gun elevates, and machine gun fires.
                I bought one of the early ones in the early 80s. It had been on the local hobby shops selves for years. It had no gun, machine gun or turret controls at all so yours is considerably better than the early ones.

Comment

I got the mushroom. This is my first Tamiya IR tank. It is to nice to take it to the battle. I will abuse my Heng Longs in battle first and battle with this one when I have more practices :-)

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8404.JPG
Views:	412
Size:	238.2 KB
ID:	331083

Name:	IMG_8405.JPG
Views:	389
Size:	223.5 KB
ID:	331084

Comment

Name:	IMG_8407.JPG
Views:	427
Size:	237.9 KB
ID:	331086

Comment

The rear light guard and the correct front horn guard came in from the mail. I installed them and attached more accessories. The tank is now complete. I will practice with it for awhile and the bring to LA battle in February.

Name:	IMG_8696A.jpg
Views:	367
Size:	139.9 KB
ID:	333326Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8698A.jpg
Views:	368
Size:	117.4 KB
ID:	333327

Name:	IMG_8699M.jpg
Views:	372
Size:	117.7 KB
ID:	333328

Comment

Name:	IMG_8702M.jpg
Views:	373
Size:	128.1 KB
ID:	333331Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8700M.jpg
Views:	372
Size:	118.8 KB
ID:	333330

Comment

Name:	IMG_8701M.jpg
Views:	379
Size:	80.0 KB
ID:	333333Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8697A.jpg
Views:	376
Size:	77.8 KB
ID:	333334

Comment

So here are my work for today: the Tamiya Sherman in the middle of the two HL Shermans with their new barrels. I like the Tamiya Sherman very much.

Name:	IMG_8722.jpg
Views:	394
Size:	111.5 KB
ID:	333351Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8721.jpg
Views:	366
Size:	122.8 KB
ID:	333352

Comment

Ooops! In the first picture, the Tamiya Sherman is on the left.

Comment

Name:	IMG_8718.jpg
Views:	378
Size:	137.0 KB
ID:	333355

Name:	IMG_8720.jpg
Views:	366
Size:	141.0 KB
ID:	333356

Comment

My Sherman receives its new ETO transmission today.

Name:	IMG_9642A.jpg
Views:	329
Size:	133.7 KB
ID:	339105

Name:	IMG_9678A.jpg
Views:	330
Size:	163.2 KB
ID:	339106

Comment

That's a solid-looking assembly, must be smooth & quiet. 👍

Comment

Yes, it is smooth and quiet. I will battle test it next Saturday too along with the M26 and the Panther.

Name:	IMG_9679A.jpg
Views:	338
Size:	172.7 KB
ID:	339119

Comment

Hey wana sell me your original transmission set? I need a set for a tamiya sherman.
                                        RC tank parts and accessories I make
                                        www.RichardSJohnson.net/id28.html

Comment

Working...
                                        X